ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Recruiting

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
There are 7 seniors and super-seniors on the team, all of whom play regularly, including every front line player except Vasquez-Gomez.

The only recruit I have seen publicly announced is a librero from Tustin, California. Anyone know anything about other recruits?

There are 7 seniors and super-seniors on the team, all of whom play regularly, including every front line player except Vasquez-Gomez.

The only recruit I have seen publicly announced is a librero from Tustin, California. Anyone know anything about other recruits?
I don’t - but I believe ‘only’ Lund, N’Dee, Member-Meneh, and Levers are unable to return.

Gray, Starks, and Lockwood can return- no reason to think they wouldn’t.

I suspect PItt gets at least two more grad transfers — we have to be a very attractive landing spot for any outside hitter looking for a new school.

The public release on the new recruit said he was added to the class that was announced the Monday before her announcement.

I could find that Monday announcement nowhere.

1.) Fisher has traditionally been active on the transfer market, from Kullerkan/Hillegas/Popovic to Lockwood/Member-Meneh/Gray.
2.) Wouldn't be the first class he's brought in only one freshman. Cat Flood came in by herself.
3.) They're got quite a few committments lined up from 2023 kids. (Torrey Stafford (CA)/Haiti Tautau'a (HI)/Olivia Babcock (CA)).

It will be interesting to see if they keep the 6-2 rotation without Levers. It is hard to tell what he wants to do with Fairbanks.

Torrey Stafford plays on the team that just won the California Southern Section Division 1 title in February. The school is located in Manhattan Beach, the hub of beach volleyball in this area. She probably is no better than the 4th best player on that team though. Of course, she is only a junior. The two top players are going to Stanford and Texas.

Olivia Babcock is the best player for one of the other teams considered to have a good shot of winning this upcoming year, Sierra Canyon. She is 6’3 entering her junior year and can dunk a basketball. Sierra Canyon didn’t play last year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT