ADVERTISEMENT

Well look where the Ceo of Primanti's graduated from

You are, who cares? So, they didn't put a picture of Pitt in an area that doesn't care about Pitt, and you care so much you write them a letter, that's the very definition of silliness and pettiness.
I think I explained my reasons. Unfortunately lost on the more slow witted amongst us....Plenty of Pitt fans in the area to rate an image or two from as I said "a Pittsburgh" based establishment located in the State's capitol..

Bravo! You are entitled to your opinion whether someone agrees with you or not. You should be able to share it without being ostracized. They can put you on ignore.
Yeah this certain poster feels the need to act like a bully and troll people especially years of harassment by him for years. Also he and a few others can't comprehend the agenda behind the promo. It had nothing to do with people going to just other rival schools. In the business world most owners should remain neutral concerning sports teams, politics, etc.
The CEO had malicious intentions and the narrow minded anti Pitt yinzer stiller crowd ate it up. It's ashame that some of us Pitt fans have to defend ourselves on a Pitt message board. H2P

I still love Primanti's, but it has been going down hill rapidly over the past couple of years. Too much expansion and cost cutting. They used to have pretty good pizza. Then they changed their ovens to the walking toaster style because those are faster and don't require anyone to pay attention to it while it cooks. Toasted pizza is one of the biggest scourges ever to be forced on our society. Should be criminal.
I'll only eat at the strip location. The rest serve garbage meats.

So what. Who cares? Are you a child??
Yes I am a child, a child of God's. I mean well and really want all people go get along which unfortunately will never happen. I'm a blended case manager for the underprivileged. Life is way too short and value it everyday. It's ashame evilness tries to tear us apart and divide. H2P!!! ❤️

Another subtle jab from social media. Notice the use of the word "our."

"We've brought back our Red, White & Booze so you can raise a glass to our hometown team making a tourney run."

I was in Pittsburgh last weekend (living outside DC now) and went to Primanti’s mostly for my mom and sister… blah. Definitely not going again when I come back in a few weeks.

Also kind of a sad side note, I saw Fake Slide’s were on “blowout” at a beer distributor for $5.99/4 pack and $33.49/case. A portion of their sales go to Alliance 412, right? But I mean, they can’t really sell them at Steelers games now, can they? I don’t know if they ever did sell them there but thought I read somewhere they were planning to. All those Yinzer rubes would make smartass comments seeing them.

The food is awful. Always has been.

Yeah I only ate there a few times during my time in Pittsburgh. The sandwiches were bland and unmemorable. Locals seemed to like it but I never really understood why..

One thing would really up the quality of their sammiches if they learned how to double fry their french fries so they stay crunchy, not soggy.

same with the potato patch at Kennywood. The O made probably the most perfect fries. Fresh cut, cold water bath and then double fried. Not many, if at all, come close

same with the potato patch at Kennywood. The O made probably the most perfect fries. Fresh cut, cold water bath and then double fried. Not many, if at all, come close
But it is so easy. Just prefry the fries.......until almost done. Then you need a 3-4 minute dunk in hot oil and they would be perfect and not soggy.

It's really one reason why McDonald's fries are so good. They already been fried before they are frozen.

I was in Pittsburgh last weekend (living outside DC now) and went to Primanti’s mostly for my mom and sister… blah. Definitely not going again when I come back in a few weeks.

Also kind of a sad side note, I saw Fake Slide’s were on “blowout” at a beer distributor for $5.99/4 pack and $33.49/case. A portion of their sales go to Alliance 412, right? But I mean, they can’t really sell them at Steelers games now, can they? I don’t know if they ever did sell them there but thought I read somewhere they were planning to. All those Yinzer rubes would make smartass comments seeing them.
Yeah, Alliance 412 would be good to come up with a new beer with Southern Tier for this upcoming season because there going to be too much baggage for the general public with Fake Slide. At least a change of name/label.

Or they should look at partnering with Voodoo Brewing which was founded by Pitt alumni and already has the Non-Trademark Infringement Alma Mater IPA. Seems like a natural partner depending on what is involved on the distribution/business side that I have no idea about.

Yeah, Alliance 412 would be good to come up with a new beer with Southern Tier for this upcoming season because there going to be too much baggage for the general public with Fake Slide. At least a change of name/label.

Kenny is a Pitt legend. Are Pitt fans going to stop buying because he wasnt good enough for the Steelers? Were PSU and WVU fans really buying Fake Slide beer because he was the Steelers QB?

Doesn't PS boast that they have something like 175 majors? Think about that. If you got a bunch of college grads togther and asked them to list possible college majors, they would be making stuff up and laughing after 45.
They have some very legitimate programs but they also have, well, a lot of fluff, to put it mildly. I have some fun stories.

Kenny is a Pitt legend. Are Pitt fans going to stop buying because he wasnt good enough for the Steelers? Were PSU and WVU fans really buying Fake Slide beer because he was the Steelers QB?
Not me, I still bought some, and I don’t think it should miss too much of a beat being sold at Pitt games. Just was wondering if they sold it at Steelers games. And the fact they discounted it pretty heavily at a beer distributor was a little odd to me, granted it was the same weekend he was traded.

Not me, I still bought some, and I don’t think it should miss too much of a beat being sold at Pitt games. Just was wondering if they sold it at Steelers games. And the fact they discounted it pretty heavily at a beer distributor was a little odd to me, granted it was the same weekend he was traded.

There aren't enough Pitt fans that care enough to carry the day on anything. If Yinzers have a reason not to buy something, then best if you remove that reason, because the entire point of it is a fundraiser for Alliance 412. If you can sell more of it by changing it for Yinzers, than do it.

Last edited:
There aren't enough Pitt fans that care enough to carry the day on anything. If Yinzers have a reason not to buy something, then best if you remove that reason, because the entire point of it is a fundraiser for Alliance 412. If you can sell more of it by changing it for Yinzers, than do it.
I wonder if there'd be any licensing issues with something like "Jock's Steel City Football Lager" with a picture of

t_65a5a1246d29483ba50196eb60e99e06_name_9B5B46E82DCE4EE89361511013584033.jpg

Coach of both Pitt and the Steelers. Something Pitt fans and Yinzers can maybe both get behind guzzling.

Or they should look at partnering with Voodoo Brewing which was founded by Pitt alumni and already has the Non-Trademark Infringement Alma Mater IPA. Seems like a natural partner depending on what is involved on the distribution/business side that I have no idea about.
Meanwhile, I'd like to know why Grist House beer was all over The Pete this season. What's next, replacing the iconic Dippin' Dots carts with "Creamery Kiosks"?

Meanwhile, I'd like to know why Grist House beer was all over The Pete this season. What's next, replacing the iconic Dippin' Dots carts with "Creamery Kiosks"?
Wouldn't know, I only drank Fake Slides at the Pete.

You're welcome for my consumable contribution to a fourth string left tackle.

I have no idea about Grist House or whoever owns them.

Matt and Curt are not Pitt alumni, if that's who you're referring to.

Matt and Curt are not Pitt alumni, if that's who you're referring to.
Oh, well, at least they clearly don't hate on Pitt.

They tried to get a license, but I guess Pitt was working on their deal with Iron City.

Grist House is nitter owned, their place in Millvale is a gathering spot for watching PSU games
Sounds like a good reason never to drink it.

I don't even like Fake Slide...I mean it is okay for a Pilsner...but I exclusively drink it when available only because.

I finally made it out to the new Primanti's in the north hills. Definitely Pitt banners hanging, but also PSU. Didn't notice any WVU. And for you conspiracy theorists, the giant mural of Pittsburgh legends did include Marino & Dorsett but had them pictured in their pro uniform not Pitt. :D:oops:. The only PSU legends in the mural I noticed were Franco who is more of a Steeler legend.

I finally made it out to the new Primanti's in the north hills. Definitely Pitt banners hanging, but also PSU. Didn't notice any WVU. And for you conspiracy theorists, the giant mural of Pittsburgh legends did include Marino & Dorsett but had them pictured in their pro uniform not Pitt. :D:oops:. The only PSU legends in the mural I noticed were Franco who is more of a Steeler legend.

Well, its pretty clear the guy hates Pitt but you cant have PSU banners in Pittsburgh and not Pitt so he had to bite the bullet there. The mural of Marino and Dorsett NOT in Pitt uniforms is really bizarre partly because as players for the Dolphins and Cowboys, they were the "enemy" of the super popular pro team in Pittsburgh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT