ADVERTISEMENT

What's with the "hoopies" obsession?

ERICCARTMAN

Freshman
Jul 5, 2001
PITT fans continually posting surveys on interest in renewing the hoopie series to Jerry Dipola of the Trib asking the very first question to our new AD at yesterday's news conference on the same subject.

All pretty pathetic. If this ranks high on anyone's priority list we'll continue to be stuck in neutral.

Anyone not understanding the rivalry is based entirely on wvu hatred and envy is just head up arse dumb....13-9....decades after I personally witnessed THE 1976 Panthers....nothing more needs to be said.

Reactions: 7Fielder
The only condition that WVU should have been re-added is when Pitt SHOULD have dropped the PSU series (instead of being their laptops and taking ON two more to help their PR rehab). It would have been an acceptable way (barely, but in comparison, WVU is far more acceptable than PSU) to replace the lost revenue. Sad to say, Pitt proved itself as complicit as all others in the acceptance of the PSU violations. Which is what makes Pitt's nose-in-the-air (and stick-up-the-some-other-organ) attitude about far lesser indiscretions quite hypocritical.

So having pointed that out, at this point, hell yeah, add the Hoopies back on too. But at the same time, stop kicking kids out of the program for smoking a joint or missing a class or taking a few sheckels from boosters for decent meals. Cuz, on the scale of athletic indiscretions, those things are 1/10000000000th compared to being complicit with PSU.

Gee...I couldn't agree more. WVu fills the rivalry game requirement. Wish we would have scheduled them over PSU.

PITT fans continually posting surveys on interest in renewing the hoopie series to Jerry Dipola of the Trib asking the very first question to our new AD at yesterday's news conference on the same subject.

All pretty pathetic. If this ranks high on anyone's priority list we'll continue to be stuck in neutral.

I enjoy WVU Fans and WILL always compliment all of them, their players, coaches, president program, and fans on WVU Rival Boards, and will properly defend Pitt as promoted on the Lair.

Bottom line, no question WVU & PSU Football Programs have beaten Pitt the last 40 years more than PITT ahs beaten them.....BUT.....PITT still has more National Titles Recognized, more Hall of Famers, and more records in the NCAA and NFL by PITT Football Alumni than them, and when PITT upset WVU 13-9, that could have brought WVU its first National Title, well, it can be upsetting when PITT Fans acknowledges the accomplishments, achievements, and assets of WVU 7 PSU Football, and still able to hold PITT Football History & Players higher then their own!

WVU & PSU Heads looking up at PITT can only bring PITT down when they look at themselves while attempting to mock PITT!

I glad we have played West Virginia University & Penn State but I am very proud of PITT's accomplishments, achievements and assets and still can recognize and respect them for making PITT better as our competing brothers in sports!

out a little vitriol

Eric, what's college FB without little name calling and vitriol.....it's Pitt vs. Uconn! A little hate in the air makes for a great college FB Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT