ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Virginia Baseball so good?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The weather in Charlottesville, VA isn't a whole lot different than in Pittsburgh. A little warmer and less snow but its still cold for most of the season. How are they able to get top recruits to play in that weather? That seems to be a major hinderance for us.

The weather in Charlottesville, VA isn't a whole lot different than in Pittsburgh. A little warmer and less snow but its still cold for most of the season. How are they able to get top recruits to play in that weather? That seems to be a major hinderance for us.
I think you underestimate the weather difference. You can play baseball 12 months of the year there. Not everyday obviously in Jan and Feb. My son played soccer at Maryland and they practiced outside all winter. Plus UVA is pretty good school and beautiful campus.

Their athletic department is humming. 2 NCAA titles this year. At least one every year since 2009, excluding 2011. The men just took the Capital One Cup with a awful football team weighing them down.

The baseball program is so good because the athletic department is consistent in supporting their programs. I'm from Virginia, I know. It's impressive/irritiating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT