ADVERTISEMENT

Would love to play Notre Dame's style of game

cdmg

All Conference
Gold Member
Mar 22, 2006
Brey has been slowly improving and getting the players to play an up tempo style. Players that can shoot, shoot ,shoot . No more slow burn fromND anymore. They now play an exciting brand of basketball. One that I would love to see at the Pete. But these two teams are moving in to different directions. ND becoming a power in the ACC and Pitt becoming the doormat. Jamie needs to changes things fast or the Pete will be half full for all ACC games. Who wants to spent the time and energy going to games that they have absolutely no chance of winning. With a fast pace, up tempo , style the Pete could stay one of the great buildings for hoops. But we need athletes and shooters/scorers, Jamie has proved he can't recruit those type of players with his system. He needs to change or move on!! These players always play tight and afraid to let it all hang out, always looking over their shoulder afraid to make a mistake. That's why we never have a player get off like every team we play has a player get off for a career game. Let them play with some freedom it can't get any worse. Players are an extension of the coach and Jamie always seems like a bundle of nerves. His teeth have to be almost ground down to nothing. And any time we get on a run Jamie calls a timeout after a big shot, never understood that move. He seems to take someone out when they just get a groove, instead of letting them maybe have a "career game". I think I am ready for a change. Let's go out and pay Shaka Smart !!!! Things would look different in year one !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News