ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling coach search

I did talk to someone close to Terry Brands today. He would leave Iowa for Pitt if the salary was more than he makes now. I doubt Pitt would pay it.

There always the pick a really good PA HS wrestling coach who wants to move up!
Lots of great ones in PA and they have current connections with other HS coaches and wrestlers.
I think I would go in that direction. Its cost effective and PITT would get a good coach who will be able to grow into the spot!

I did talk to someone close to Terry Brands today. He would leave Iowa for Pitt if the salary was more than he makes now. I doubt Pitt would pay it.

How much would it take to get him to Pitt ? .... Terry Brands made $153,112 in 2015 and $163,604 in 2016 at Iowa ..... Would $200,000 get him to Pitt ? .... if so, I hope Pitt makes it happen !

Last edited:
How much would it take to get him to Pitt ? .... Terry Brands made $153,112 in 2015 at Iowa ..... Would $200,000 get him to Pitt ? .... if so, I hope Pitt makes it happen !
I think that would put Pitt in the running.

If Pitt won't pay $200,000 to Brands, give him enough to hire top-flight assistants and commit to upgrading the facilities, then we should just terminate the wrestling program.

Reactions: Chaos
If Pitt won't pay $200,000 to Brands, give him enough to hire top-flight assistants and commit to upgrading the facilities, then we should just terminate the wrestling program.

Yeah, if Brands would come under those circumstances, then Pitt's actions will tell a lot about whether they want to make a major upgrade in wrestling or not.

Pitt needs to step up and make a big hire. I've seen plenty of people on this board who are willing to pledge money to make a good hire. The state is full of so many good wrestlers. Since Pitt has decided to let the hoops program go down the drain, they need to make a splash hire here to salvage 1 winter sport. I'm sick of living in the Harrisburg area surrounded by all of the arrogant nitters. Pitt needs to do this right, which would be a first, so I'm not holding my breath.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT