ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling recruiting class includes?

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
L.J. Bentley - E.Seipel - R.Lee - N.Hall - D.Vitalie - C.Jacobsen - B.Fochtman - T.Campbell - J.Parker

Scholarship wrestlers or walk-ons?

L.J. Bentley - E.Seipel - R.Lee - N.Hall - D.Vitalie - C.Jacobsen - B.Fochtman - T.Campbell - J.Parker

Scholarship wrestlers or walk-ons?
4 guys getting scholarship money with some possible dollars for 1 or 2 not on that list yet.

I assume Seipel and Campbell are two of the scholarship wrestlers. Who are the other two? And we have been hearing for months about one or two potential major impact wrestlers joining this class, but it now is May and it hasn't happened yet. I assume it isn't happening.

Mike, I'm also interested in finding out the full list of recruits. Last I heard we were negotiating with another Ohio state champion but no updates since. Was hoping for some good news.

Ex pitt wrestler WVU coach looking good out here in Vegas. It's a shame no pitt guys wrestling. This is like wrestling heaven who's who of college wrestlers and coaches No Pete though

I assume Seipel and Campbell are two of the scholarship wrestlers. Who are the other two? And we have been hearing for months about one or two potential major impact wrestlers joining this class, but it now is May and it hasn't happened yet. I assume it isn't happening.

Bentley and Lee????

Mike, I'm also interested in finding out the full list of recruits. Last I heard we were negotiating with another Ohio state champion but no updates since. Was hoping for some good news.
Nish, Taleb Rahmani is the Ohio State Champion that is coming. He along with the above list essentially make up the 2015 recruiting class. Its a solid class with wrestlers with solid high school experiences, good academics and hopefully will be very successful at Pitt. Four of them state champs. I'm not sure who Mike412 is referring to about a savior for the program in this class. Thats not the case. Taleb is a smart kid who plans on majoring in pre-med. So he's a great kid to help the program, but wouldn't consider him the savior.

Reactions: singregardless
Ex pitt wrestler WVU coach looking good out here in Vegas. It's a shame no pitt guys wrestling. This is like wrestling heaven who's who of college wrestlers and coaches No Pete though
Pletch, Headlee was there from Pitt. He was helping Luke is my understanding. Is that correct?

Yes Drew was there. We don't need a savior we need a great room from top to bottom.

Pletch5, when you say we need "a great room from top to bottom" are you talking about renovations to the wrestling room or having more talent across the board so wrestlers are challenged more in practice?

One question about Ohio HS wrestling: PA has 4 classifications for FB but only 2 for wrestling. I believe Ohio has 6 classifications for FB. How many do they have for wrestling?

The reason I ask is if they have 6 classifications and 15 weight classes, that would mean they would have 90 state champions a year. Even with 4 classifications, they would have 60 state champions.

My point is that signing an Ohio state champion doesn't necessarily equate to signing a bluechip prospect. I don't see any of the Ohio names who have allegedly signed with Pitt listed in Intermat's too 100. And I say allegedly because it is the middle of May and Peters still hasn't released the official recruiting class, following in the tradition of Rande.

Pletch5, when you say we need "a great room from top to bottom" are you talking about renovations to the wrestling room or having more talent across the board so wrestlers are challenged more in practice?
Talent. You need good depth everywhere non scholarship guys who work hard. Good solid kids Renovations to room also lol

One question about Ohio HS wrestling: PA has 4 classifications for FB but only 2 for wrestling. I believe Ohio has 6 classifications for FB. How many do they have for wrestling?

The reason I ask is if they have 6 classifications and 15 weight classes, that would mean they would have 90 state champions a year. Even with 4 classifications, they would have 60 state champions.

My point is that signing an Ohio state champion doesn't necessarily equate to signing a bluechip prospect. I don't see any of the Ohio names who have allegedly signed with Pitt listed in Intermat's too 100. And I say allegedly because it is the middle of May and Peters still hasn't released the official recruiting class, following in the tradition of Rande.
I checked rankings. Campbell #96. Seipel # 117. Lee # 146. No other recruits listed in top 150. No other OH non committed kids in top 150.

MIke 412 - Ohio has 3 classifications for wrestling

ADVERTISEMENT