ADVERTISEMENT

wrestling with a huge win over ranked Wisconsin

vabeachpanther

Scholarship
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Huge win for Pitt Wrestling over ranked Wisconsin. Young guys all wrestled great. Dom Forys upset # 4 ranked Taylor at 133. Campbell with a Major Dec over #16 ranked opponent. LJ Bentley with a come from behind win. Our freshman and sophomores are getting better in a hurry. This team is getting better and our best days are ahead of us. Also of note, 2016 commit Austin Belle is wrestling in the finals of the prestigious Iron Man tourney tonight.

Reactions: persp
Started fast and kept our foot on the gas. Really great performance today. Even the losses were close.

Bentleys match really got the crowd fired up. He took the Wiscy guy down, at will, once he started his comeback.

Reactions: bwh05
Bentleys match really got the crowd fired up. He took the Wiscy guy down, at will, once he started his comeback.
Bentley is a really good kid and comes from a great family. Glad he's a panther. Teshan missed 6 weeks due to illness but now is really coming into his own. So good to see. And Cody hasn't been good, but today he went toe to toe with Jordan and really looked like he belonged. Maybe this can be a turning point for him. Bono looks more like the sophmore Bono. We need him if we are going to win a bunch of ACC duals. The ACC is no joke this year. We need all hands on deck. The young guys have been great thus far. Coach Peters, Kocher, Headlee, and Wilps are doing a great job with these freshman. Hail to Pitt.

Reactions: bwh05
Won the close matches except for Cody. Garbinsky won his first dual match of the year. Based on the Intermat rankings, Wisconsin didn't wrestle its top wrestler in 3 weight classes. Could be injuries; could be resting them if they have a match tomorrow.

Of course, I remember a year when we wrestled Missouri on Saturday and they were wrestling WVU the next day. WVU was a better program then and Missouri
Rested all but two of its regular starters. They still pounded us, so this is a major improvement.

What's the deal with Seipel? Injured?

Won the close matches except for Cody. Garbinsky won his first dual match of the year. Based on the Intermat rankings, Wisconsin didn't wrestle its top wrestler in 3 weight classes. Could be injuries; could be resting them if they have a match tomorrow.

Of course, I remember a year when we wrestled Missouri on Saturday and they were wrestling WVU the next day. WVU was a better program then and Missouri
Rested all but two of its regular starters. They still pounded us, so this is a major improvement.

What's the deal with Seipel? Injured?
Seiple has a broken arm. Red shirt for sure.

I don't know much about Wisconsin. Who were they missing from their normal lineup?

I don't know much about Wisconsin. Who were they missing from their normal lineup?
I don't know what he is referring to either. That is Wisconsin's starting lineup with 3 ranked wrestlers and the one that got them ranked 15th nationally. We beat 2 of their ranked wrestlers. They wrestle at PSU today, but they weren't saving anybody, that was their team we beat 25 - 9. H2P.

They have 2 freshmen listed on their roster who were multiple time state champions, but they must be redshirting because they used the same lineup against PSU today except at 133 where they had to forfeit because their wrestler didn't make weight.

By the way, after PSU won the first 5 matches, former Pitt wrestler Geno Morelli made his debut for PSU at 165. He wrestled the #3 ranked guy who beat Cody yesterday, was up 4-3 with 10 seconds left, then lost 5-4.

The other match PSU lost was Hwt, where they wrestled a walk-on. The Wisconsin wrestler who Solomon pinned yesterday in 1:29 won a 10-0 major decision over him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT