ADVERTISEMENT

WSOC beat the NIts. 5-3!

I don’t know enough to say what things looked like for both teams as far as rosters, who was sitting out and who wasn’t, who was playing young kids versus veterans…but Penn State historically recruits about as well as any program in the country, they made the sweet sixteen last year, and still aren’t too far removed from winning a national title. Scrimmage or not, this is a really high quality result, and I imagine can potentially act as somewhat of a proof of concept for Waldrum when recruiting against them with regional prospects.

I don’t know enough to say what things looked like for both teams as far as rosters, who was sitting out and who wasn’t, who was playing young kids versus veterans…but Penn State historically recruits about as well as any program in the country, they made the sweet sixteen last year, and still aren’t too far removed from winning a national title. Scrimmage or not, this is a really high quality result, and I imagine can potentially act as somewhat of a proof of concept for Waldrum when recruiting against them with regional prospects.
From the reports I got from folks on both sides, Pitt gets full credit for being the better side, though PSU was playing around with its combos and never had their actual starting XI together from what I could gather. They also rotated in 4 GKs and all of their players, as I assume Pitt did. That said, it sounds like Amanda West was the best player on the field.

Waldrum was actually not there. He is apparently with the Nigerian team.

I wouldn’t make too much of this from a recruiting standpoint against PSU. They don’t seem to go head-to-head for any players anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike412
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT