ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Gilbert

Dec 16, 2016
Zach Gilbert had a heart condition which was to be monitored and re-evaluated to see if he can play.
Has there been any information on his progress, will he play football at Pitt.

Hasn't been any official update on his condition. My guess is we may know something by spring practice.

He could be a huge help on the defensive line if he was healthy enough to come back.

When do they have these medical valuation's. I'm assuming when the incoming recruits come in right before fall camp early August? not sure if they do that for the whole team or just the incoming recruits though

If he get the green light for football, maybe in 2018. He just missed a whole year of football and plenty of bodies in front of him.

He could be a huge help on the defensive line if he was healthy enough to come back.

When do they have these medical valuation's. I'm assuming when the incoming recruits come in right before fall camp early August? not sure if they do that for the whole team or just the incoming recruits though
I assume they do an evaluation each year on the whole team, since Justin Moody was also diagnosed with a condition during last years medical evaluations...

Reactions: Swervin27
While I hope for Zach's sake his athletic career is able to resume, I am not nearly as optimistic as some just based on the seriousness & finality of the full season sit-out in Aug..
I am not sure that whatever warranted the medical staff to raise the red flag on Zach is somehow going to go away.
If worst comes to worst & he is not allowed to suit back up I hope that the Staff can find a way (if Zach want's) to be involved in a very hand's on way w/ the team going forward.

H2 PITT !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT