ADVERTISEMENT

Zack Gilbert

pittpitt

Freshman
Nov 30, 2002
Zack Gilbert announces his commitment in a couple minutes, and considering he was supposedly a Pitt shoe-in and the mystery recruit is supposed to announce today, we're guessing it's him. He's a strong & explosive 4* DE/DT, so that's great!

Unfortunately because of the wait and fans kinda assuming we already had him, Gilbert being the mystery recruit feels a bit like a let-down. That's a shame because we're all happy to have him, but I guess that's why expectations can be a MFer. Adding any high-profile player is wonderful for Pitt, and one that comes from an area we don't normally recruit strongly is doubly nice since it will hopefully pay dividends in future recruiting in that part of the country.

Welcome Zack, can't wait to watch you terrorize opposing backfields for years!

Last edited:
Zack Gilbert announces his commitment in a couple minutes, and considering he was supposedly a Pitt shoe-in and the mystery recruit is supposed to announce today, we're guessing it's him. He's a strong & explosive 4* DE/DT, so that's great!

Unfortunately because of the wait and fans kinda assuming we already had him, Gilbert being the mystery recruit feels a bit like a let-down. That's a shame because we're all happy to have him, but I guess that's why expectations can be a MFer. Adding any high-profile player is wonderful for Pitt, and one that comes from an area we don't normally recruit strongly is doubly nice since it will hopefully pay dividends in future recruiting in that part of the country.

He's a 3 star on this site, with a 5.6 rating.. You looking at a different site?

Precisely why putting out the Pat signal so far in advance is only bad.

6_3966650.jpeg

Not a letdown at all to me ...... excited to have him commit to us !

I was as anxious as anyone else to know who it was, but people SERIOUSLY need to get a grip.

Nards tweeted THREE WORDS.

All the emotional ups and downs of supposed grown arse people is on them.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
There
I was as anxious as anyone else to know who it was, but people SERIOUSLY need to get a grip.

Agree, as far as I am concern, but Posters and fans get excited on recruits everywhere. There were many recruits at Pitt on Friday anyone have some names?

Premature pat signals are the 2nd leading cause of divorces in America. Narduzzi needs to think about baseball or something next time, it helps to fight this serious problem.

Reactions: Jeffburgh

Two three word phrases I live by..

PITT IS IT.... HAIL TO PITT !!

Almost forgot,one... Pedd state sucks !

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Seems undersized for a DE. Atleast compared to his dad. Only listed at 6 ft.
While the 6'5" athletic DE may be optimum, they are also hard to find. Zach Gilbert sounds like a player - and as James Harrison has shown, being shorter, but quick and strong, can be a good combination for pass rushing and for fighting off blocks.

Welcome Zach G.

Go Pitt.

Lol these Penn state shills Crack me up.

Amazing get for Pitt in a need position!!

Welcome to pitt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT