ADVERTISEMENT

🇺🇸 🇮🇷 🏆 thread

Great win. Some of our subs have left much to be desired (Moore). Hope that Reyna gets some run and that Pulisic's nether region has healed. Netherlands will be a step up in class, similar to England. Gonna need to find at least 1 goal.

I could only follow bits and pieces in the second half, was the 9+ minutes of added stoppage time accurate, and fair?

I could only follow bits and pieces in the second half, was the 9+ minutes of added stoppage time accurate, and fair?
I have less hair now. I mean....it was scrambling beyond what needed to be. As for the length?

Some soccer novice posted something really great and simple. If soccer can used VAR to determine if a thigh is offsides instantly, then why can't when there is a stoppage in play, the refs just stop the clock??

Again, if I can see this....right?? I think I am a good barometer. I was shocked when I saw he was getting read to be subbed in.
It’s what baffles us about Berhalter. And there you go again selling yourself short. You’re a sports fan, you get it. There’s a lot that you see that you don’t give yourself credit for.

I don't know much about Soccer but even I was surprised he put Moore in there. Yikes.

I didnt like Zimmerman coming in that early either but he was good. I didnt like being out of subs in case we had to chase a goal late. But my thought when he and Moore came in was "great, we now need Nashville SC to get us through." Luckily, Iran is Costa Rica like I said. Good enough to get a result vs you if you arent on but not very good overall. I dont understand why they subbed off Azmoud, I thought he was their best player.

I’ve watched this about 20 times, each time isolating on player movements that led to the goal, particularly Dest’s run and Pulisic’s run. Then I isolated on the goal reactions. I love McKennies and Adams.

Reactions: 121rum
I’ve watched this about 20 times, each time isolating on player movements that led to the goal, particularly Dest’s run and Pulisic’s run. Then I isolated on the goal reactions. I love McKennies and Adams.

The MMA midfield is legit world class. Like the drop off is only slight between them and the very top teams. Adams isnt going to be at Leeds very long. I dont understand how Robinson is only at Fulham. Maybe just a little too loose on the dribble at times but he's an excellent excellent player. And my God has Ream been stellar. Where was he all of qualifying? Wait, dont answer.

If we only had a true #9. The next US coach has to turn Reyna or Weah into that #9. We cant keep trotting guys like Haji Wright out there

He said in an interview that if he played college soccer it would’ve been at penn state. To be fair he is from Hershey, but it still stings to think about hahah

Unless you can link the interview (and please dont), I am going to pretend you are making this up for 2 reasons:

- PSU effing sucks at soccer, that makes no sense, really Christian???

- I don't want to lose respect for him

Unless you can link the interview (and please dont), I am going to pretend you are making this up for 2 reasons:

- PSU effing sucks at soccer, that makes no sense, really Christian???

- I don't want to lose respect for him
Penn st barstool tweeted it out after the match. It was just a silly little quip. It was meaningless.

The MMA midfield is legit world class. Like the drop off is only slight between them and the very top teams. Adams isnt going to be at Leeds very long. I dont understand how Robinson is only at Fulham. Maybe just a little too loose on the dribble at times but he's an excellent excellent player. And my God has Ream been stellar. Where was he all of qualifying? Wait, dont answer.

If we only had a true #9. The next US coach has to turn Reyna or Weah into that #9. We cant keep trotting guys like Haji Wright out there
Musah is going to be great. How many times did we hear he turned 20 today. Please keep the Brit's away from
Him

Musah is going to be great. How many times did we hear he turned 20 today. Please keep the Brit's away from
Him

He cant play for England if that's what you mean. But I dont see how he isnt in the Premier League next year.

Good golly, if we only had a true 9. That would make life so much easier.

And then there's Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam. Just keeps on Fuham'n on.

Antonee needs to get forget that game...his first touch was pure rubbish most of the game. That's my only quip about him. All the pace and stamina in the world but his touch and crossing at times leaves a bit to be desired.

On another note, how fun would it be to watch a U.S. game with Chad Ocho Cinco?

I'd equate that with playing 18 with John Daly.

and my final note before signing off post work.

CCV, what do we think? I thought he was very steady. I think there was one play in the 2nd half where the Iranian player got past him but CCV was able to body him off and Matty Turner grabbed the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT