ADVERTISEMENT

😅🤣😂 the U

Dude was a disaster at Nebraska and making demands already.
yeah but he did wonders at Oregon as OC and QB coach. Believe Mariotta was under him. man, i think this could be a good hire for them..

he obviously did well at UCF too so i'd imagine he can still recruit florida.

but who knows, every new coaching hire looks promising until its not. at the very least, he's a big name.

You may be right but we've heard about Miami's great hires for a while now.
lol, yeah i agree wholeheartedly. how many times has an ACC team made a hire that i said "oh man, this sucks for pitt."

answer - a lot..

That’s just some dude on Twitter. Not sure how reliable that is.

Frost would be interesting hire though. His Oregon and UCF offenses would be a perfect fit for the type of players that grow on trees in South Florida.

But the rumors of his drinking and lifestyle choices at Nebraska are a huge red flag.

Although I’ve also read some people say that was all kinda BS to get Frost out. Kinda like what Auburn did last offseason.

You may be right but we've heard about Miami's great hires for a while now.

I don’t think so. They’ve mostly gone cheap with hires, because they’ve mostly been a cheap program.

Last offseason was the first offseason where their hires turned heads because it was the first time they ever spent money.

Although I thought the Lashlee OC hire was great at the time.

I thought Frost was a solid offensive guy until I learned Huepel was on his OC at UCF. That explains the success there.

That’s just some dude on Twitter. Not sure how reliable that is.

Frost would be interesting hire though. His Oregon and UCF offenses would be a perfect fit for the type of players that grow on trees in South Florida.

But the rumors of his drinking and lifestyle choices at Nebraska are a huge red flag.

Although I’ve also read some people say that was all kinda BS to get Frost out. Kinda like what Auburn did last offseason.
i feel like it's a good thing to have a coordinator who spends his days coaching and his nights' getting hammered. no kidding either.

let the family man guy be the HC, shaking hands and kissing babies and giving reach arounds to the rich alumni while the offensive coordinator plays mad scientist role with offensive schemes and drinks his face off at night and starts all over again in the morning..

yeah but he did wonders at Oregon as OC and QB coach. Believe Mariotta was under him. man, i think this could be a good hire for them..

he obviously did well at UCF too so i'd imagine he can still recruit florida.

but who knows, every new coaching hire looks promising until its not. at the very least, he's a big name.

I usually just take a "we'll see" attitude on coaching hires, but I agree with you on this one.

From a pure football perspective, I am generally a fan of hiring former head coaches as coordinators.

From a pure football perspective, I am generally a fan of hiring former head coaches as coordinators.

Me too. They usually have proven success, often were great as an OC or DC before struggling as a HC.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of hiring guys as OC where they were only ever an OC and for a bunch of years.

Reactions: Burgh15
He's a drunk who thought banging college girls was more important than coaching. Heading to Miami will surely fix that....
e156c097c87be3786a07b2697b568d15.jpg

He's a drunk who thought banging college girls was more important than coaching. Heading to Miami will surely fix that....
On the one hand, hard to blame a guy for that.

On the other, this is indeed an eyebrow-raiser of a hire....

He's just living his best life, I'd enjoy that salary and banging college girls at that age it's good work if you can get it. :)

Yeah it helped playing in the aac

That’s not really fair to Frost. I don’t know what happened at Nebraska, but he had some absolute *elite* offenses before that, regardless of conference.

His Oregon offenses were pretty insane.

And it’s not like UCF was playing in the AAC with a P5 roster. They went winless the year before he got there. Two years later his offense carried them to an undefeated season.

That’s not really fair to Frost. I don’t know what happened at Nebraska, but he had some absolute *elite* offenses before that, regardless of conference.

His Oregon offenses were pretty insane.

And it’s not like UCF was playing in the AAC with a P5 roster. They went winless the year before he got there. Two years later his offense carried them to an undefeated season.
I think it would have worked at Nebby too. But he went off the rails almost as soon as he got there, and head coach at a major program is not a job you can do effectively if you're not focused--and/or if your own players and staff don't respect you.

And Charlie Strong just quit as co-DC. Says he found out about the new DC via ESPN and was never interviewed for the job. The job he held and hadn’t been fired from, lol.

Cristobal seems like a real piece of work. Why wouldn’t he get rid of the current DC before hiring a new one?

And Charlie Strong just quit as co-DC. Says he found out about the new DC via ESPN and was never interviewed for the job. The job he held and hadn’t been fired from, lol.

Cristobal seems like a real piece of work. Why wouldn’t he get rid of the current DC before hiring a new one?

I'm sure this is fine and we'll be told that this is much better.

Strong wasn’t actually their DC. Strong hasn’t been an actual DC I think since George Bush was in office.

Their actual DC was Kevin Steele. Steele went to Alabama this week. Miami hired the dude from Marshall/Tulane to replace Steele, not Strong.

Strong isnt pissed that Miami hired somebody to replace Strong without telling Strong. Strong is pissed Miami didn’t hire him to replace Steele. But nobody would have. Strong is washed as a DC.

This is just a guy on the wrong side of 60, pissed off the game has passed him by.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT