ADVERTISEMENT

1-AA team

GreatBear71

Scholarship
May 9, 2005
If you got your e-mail for 2023 Pitt season football tickets, Pitt will be playing Wofford for the FCS game. No date is assigned to it, and nothing is on the Future Football Schedules website. They are in the Southern Conference. Discuss...

to quote Duke in rocky 4, this is supposed to be an exhibition..

college version pre-season game, just annoys me that the university charges full price for tickets. should be $5 to get in, all general admission, sit where you want. no reason to open the concession stands on the higher levels either.

Tell me Wofford isn't going 12-0 and becoming some 1aa powerhouse this year? That seems to be Pitt luck with many ooc teams.

college version pre-season game, just annoys me that the university charges full price for tickets. should be $5 to get in, all general admission, sit where you want. no reason to open the concession stands on the higher levels either.

Its ok when its Game 1 because we're just there to see Pitt play anyone. When they make it Game 4 like they've done in the past, its a total let-down and waste of time.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
First thought is gonna be tough to have a winning record.

@WVU
@ND
@VaTech
@Cuse
@Wake
@Duke

Wofford
Cincy
FSU
UNC

@WVU
@ND
@VaTech
@Cuse
@Wake
@Duke

Wofford
Cincy
FSU
UNC

VT/UVa/Duke/Wofford/Syr/BC/WVU - wow that's 7 very winnable gamesm. Probably win 5 of those just for showing up.

Curious though, isnt next year's schedule almost identical to some Big East years when we played UNC and/or ND.

We play

WVU
VT
Syr
BC
Cincy
Louisville
ND
UNC
FCS Rando

Just need Miami (weird not seeing them), Rutgers, USF, and UConn.

Maybe we can get Dave Sims and John Congemi on the call and WTAE to televise

Its ok when its Game 1 because we're just there to see Pitt play anyone. When they make it Game 4 like they've done in the past, its a total let-down and waste of time.
i agree, week one is somewhat acceptable. labor day weekend so you dont feel compelled to go and waste a holiday weekend over an exhibition game. use it for a tune up..

There are worse travesties in life than playing an exhibition game in week one

If you got your e-mail for 2023 Pitt season football tickets, Pitt will be playing Wofford for the FCS game. No date is assigned to it, and nothing is on the Future Football Schedules website. They are in the Southern Conference. Discuss...
Our non conference schedule already has ND, WV, and Cincy. You’d have to be an idiot, someone rooting against Pitt, or on a kamikaze mission to want a more difficult opponent. It’s more than likely going to be a down year for Pitt as it is.

Last edited:
i agree, week one is somewhat acceptable. labor day weekend so you dont feel compelled to go and waste a holiday weekend over an exhibition game. use it for a tune up..

There are worse travesties in life than playing an exhibition game in week one

I hate FCS games. And I wholeheartedly agree that they're even less appealing after week one, because playing Rhode Island after you've already played WVU and Tennessee is more deflating than a DD soon will be after the woman it's attached to just had octuplets.

However, from a strategic standpoint, I don't mind if they're after we've already played some real games, because it allows us to sit some guys out and get healthy. I'd rather just have it all standardized, though. You can play one G5 team and no FCS teams.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I hate FCS games. And I wholeheartedly agree that they're even less appealing after week one, because playing Rhode Island after you've already played WVU and Tennessee is more deflating than a DD soon will be after the woman it's attached to just had octuplets.

However, from a strategic standpoint, I don't mind if they're after we've already played some real games, because it allows us to sit some guys out and get healthy. I'd rather just have it all standardized, though. You can play one G5 team and no FCS teams.
i agree with this 100%. and our fcs scrimmage in week 4 this year came at a good time, after the wvu and vols game. or so i thought anyways at the time..

Its a joke that these games still happen. The P5 conferences need to form a scheduling partnership and appoint a centralized group that determines non conference games among P5 teams. You can schedule one G5 opponent on your own, the rest of your schedule is determined by a third party. Everyone plays 11 P5 opponents.

This will be one of those 13-6 games that requires a late stop from our defense.
Another signature win? 😂
drunk_signature_by_blueninjabombshell_dajwxou-350t.jpg

i agree with this 100%. and our fcs scrimmage in week 4 this year came at a good time, after the wvu and vols game. or so i thought anyways at the time..
From a fan's standpoint, its the worst though. Its such a let down to play an exhibition game like that "during the season." Week 1 its still an exhibition game but it has the feel of a real game. Its the perfect setting for an exhibition game.

From a fan's standpoint, its the worst though. Its such a let down to play an exhibition game like that "during the season." Week 1 its still an exhibition game but it has the feel of a real game. Its the perfect setting for an exhibition game.
it's an off week basically. it's a bye for the fans.

It's just weird how non-standardized it all is. Florida State has already played all of its ACC games. That's weird. Pitt played Albany, UCF, Penn State, and Notre Dame in 2018 while Wake Forest played Towson, Rice, Tulane, and Notre Dame. WVU plays 11 P5 opponents this season. Some schools play 9. Obviously, you could go on for days. But it just comes down to it being so different from team to team, for me.

SEC teams doing it in like week 9 is so strange.

Yeah, it's a second bye week. If they all do it, fine. But don't mix and match.

I've seen some ACC teams to it, too. UNC did it against like Western Carolina one year; Florida State has Louisiana this week; etc. I'd be pissed if were were limping into a de facto divisional championship after a game with Clemson while UNC came waltzing in completely healthy after a game with Florida Atlantic. Good thing I'll never have to worry about that again with the way Narduzzi is recruiting. But a year might come when we're fighting for bowl eligibility in week 13 against a healthier opponent coming off a pseudo bye.

That "resting guys and getting healthy" really worked this year after Rhode Island, with the fine performance against GA Tech.

Reactions: Large Panther
Wofford is scheduled to open up at Clemson on Sept. 2nd. So if the Pitt office says Wofford is one of the home games it will be later in September unless their game with Clemson is moved. Perhaps Pitt will open with an ACC oponent. As far as future scheduling goes why doesnt Pitt and fellow state school Temple have a series in both hoops and football. I know there was some bad blood between the schools some twenty years ago with the Big East boot but how many ADs ago was that.

Wofford is scheduled to open up at Clemson on Sept. 2nd. So if the Pitt office says Wofford is one of the home games it will be later in September unless their game with Clemson is moved. Perhaps Pitt will open with an ACC oponent. As far as future scheduling goes why doesnt Pitt and fellow state school Temple have a series in both hoops and football. I know there was some bad blood between the schools some twenty years ago with the Big East boot but how many ADs ago was that.
I think the problem with a Temple series is their attendance. They will bring close to nobody to Acrisure Stadium. Remember they were kicked out of the Big East around 2004 for horrific attendance. Penn State played them something like a 5 to 2 series sometime in the 00's or maybe it was 5 for 1.

I think the problem with a Temple series is their attendance. They will bring close to nobody to Acrisure Stadium. Remember they were kicked out of the Big East around 2004 for horrific attendance. Penn State played them something like a 5 to 2 series sometime in the 00's or maybe it was 5 for 1.
And that "one" in Phila was a Penn State home game for all intents and purposes.

True but what does
Great Bear i know you are a schedule guru like I am . Did you see my post about all the openings we have through this decade.More than any other ACC team.

True but what does

Great Bear i know you are a schedule guru like I am . Did you see my post about all the openings we have through this decade.More than any other ACC team.
Yes I have. I am guessing that Lyke knows more than we do concerning what is going on in conference realignment, and we are NOT going to the Big 10 or the SEC. I see us going to the Big 12 with the leftovers from the PAC 12, ACC, and the Big 12. Therefore, with only scheduling 1 OOC game starting in 2026 to 2034, she is making sure there are few schools we have to pay off to break OOC games. Otherwise, she is incompetent.

I believe there is 1 year with WVU and ND in the second 4 yr series withWVU, beginning in 2029. Off the top of my head, it may be in 2031. I am guessing if ND does not join the ACC, those ND games from now to 2037 will be cancelled. I know it looks bad, compared to the rest of the ACC teams future scheduling. That is my feeling as to what is going on.

Yes I have. I am guessing that Lyke knows more than we do concerning what is going on in conference realignment, and we are NOT going to the Big 10 or the SEC. I see us going to the Big 12 with the leftovers from the PAC 12, ACC, and the Big 12. Therefore, with only scheduling 1 OOC game starting in 2026 to 2034, she is making sure there are few schools we have to pay off to break OOC games. Otherwise, she is incompetent.
I'm pretty sure nobody knows what's going on with conference realignment, and the lack of scheduling has nothing to do with her knowing more than anyone. I

It's more likely so they can jump on a PSU game like pathetic beggars. Just in case they decide at some point they have an opening they want to fill, the Pitt AD will be there groveling.

Pitt needs the revenue generated by this game to help pay for Victory Heights.

@WVU
@ND
@VaTech
@Cuse
@Wake
@Duke

Wofford
Cincy
FSU
UNC
I agree with your initial assessment, but when you take into account the transfer portal that NIL deals, nothing is a guarantee. Not even for a school like Alabama.

It's more likely so they can jump on a PSU game like pathetic beggars. Just in case they decide at some point they have an opening they want to fill, the Pitt AD will be there groveling.
Unfortunately recent history has proven this to be correct. Pitt has proven as much an enabler of PSU’s actions as Paterno.

Wow- where do you come up with this stuff man.
You seemingly live in your own world.

I'm pretty sure nobody knows what's going on with conference realignment, and the lack of scheduling has nothing to do with her knowing more than anyone. I

That is always a possibility. I think the reason PSU is avoiding us NOW is different than back with Paterno and what happened with the Big East. Penn State's ceiling is 10 and 2. Rarely get past OSU and Mich. They need to win all of the rest of their schedule every year. Pitt upset them in 2016 at Heinz. So since we CAN beat them, they avoid us. They avoid little Toledo, as Toledo beat them, I believe, back in 2001. With PSU, it is all about the playoffs, and of course, paying for their 30 sports. Pitt needs to forget about them, schedule WVU for sellouts, and the ACC provides ND on average every 3 yrs. With the new scheduling model of 3/5/5/ we will see Clemson and Florida State at Acrisure once every 4 yrs, instead of the insane once every 12 years. PSU has ditched the east, outside of Rutgers and Maryland. They are in the Big 10 for 2 reasons. One, the Big 10 Network and the NY/Wash market, and to fend off the temptation for PSU to go to the ACC for closer games. They now have Rutgers and Maryland

ACCN had said no more than 4 fcs games per week reason for dispersing them.
They have that requirement because we gave them 20 league games for bball, but stayed at 8 conference games in football They wanted 9, so their answer was what you mentioned about 1-AA/FSC games and spreading them out for better network content

They have that requirement because we gave them 20 league games for bball, but stayed at 8 conference games in football They wanted 9, so their answer was what you mentioned about 1-AA/FSC games and spreading them out for better network content
why is the Commish and the coaches in the ACC against a 9 game conference schedule. it makes no sense. pretty much every other conference does it. not sure about SEC, they might not.

it's a no - brainer and we come off as weak for staying with 8 games.

When Pitt and Syracuse entered the ACC in 2013, they were going to have the 9 game schedule, Then came ND and the 5 games a yrs messed it up for the 2 big shots, Clemson and FLorida State. They said they had no problems playing 9 league games, but the problem was the OOC schedule. Their 10th game would be their in state rivals, South Carolina and Florida, who they play the last game of the year. When it would be their turn to play Notre Dame, that would mean 11 Power 5 games, and nobody does that, so they went back to 8 By the way, Pitt has 3 Power 5 games OOC next year, @WVU, @ND, and Cincy. Wofford is the FCS game This happened because Cincy becomes a Power 5 team next yr by joining the Big 12. Lyke should move the series to 2026 and 2027.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT