ADVERTISEMENT

1-AA team

I checked Cincinnati's schedule It would work for 2027 and 2028 to move the Pitt game to.
Your efforts looking this stuff up and contemplating it is likely more effort than Lyke has put into football since, likely, the Cig hire. It’s had to be all Victory Heights since then, and I’m not even being critical or sarcastic, that’s a big undertaking and it’s clearly her passion (and the sports passion of the university leadership). I’m sure as far as she was concerned, once Cig was hired, Football was Duz’s party the rest of the way.

I’m a bit surprised Narduzzi wouldn’t try to get those games rescheduled, next season will be brutal. But if it involves any monetary penalty to do that it would render it instantly dead (and I’m not being critical of that either).

All out of conference games have conditions put into them where there would be penalties and no penalties. BYU was smart in being an independent There was a clause whereby if they went into a conferene, there would be no penalty in canceling the series.

Besides my theory on conference realignment and Lyke doing nothing, Victory Heights probably is taking up 75 percent of her time. Football and basketball are the money makers, Heather.

Plus they(Clem etc) squawked it would restrict them from getting 7 home game revenue some years

All out of conference games have conditions put into them where there would be penalties and no penalties. BYU was smart in being an independent There was a clause whereby if they went into a conferene, there would be no penalty in canceling the series.

Besides my theory on conference realignment and Lyke doing nothing, Victory Heights probably is taking up 75 percent of her time. Football and basketball are the money makers, Heather.
“Money making sports” is a rather distasteful concept in some academic circles particularly at our university. Professors i had in the 80s used the bully pulpit of their classrooms to sneer about football and basketball. I don’t imagine it has changed based on how very little things have changed on the field/court since then, other than fluky spurts on rare occasions. They use them to fund the ones that they care about. But the golden goose won’t live forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT