2 leagues

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Might as well call them the AFC and NFC

SEC
Their current 16 + FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC, NC St, Duke, UVa, VT

Big 10
Their current 14 + USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, ND, Syracuse, Kansas, TCU, Houston, OK St, Colorado, Arizona

You have UNC , duke, and state thats 3
and 2 from Virginia ?

Talk about watering down TV markets .

SEC

Big 10
Their current 14 + USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, ND, Syracuse, Kansas, TCU, Houston, OK St, Colorado, Arizona
There’s about 0.01111% chance of this happening as you have listed.

The three "alliance" leagues should consolidate into two.

East: 16 ACC teams + WVU, Cincy, UCF, Notre Dame

West: 10 PAC 12 teams + Texas Tech, Houston, TCU, Iowa State, BYU, Boise State, Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Oklahoma State

Seven games against your own division. Three against the other division. Two against the other conference. Split all revenues down the middle... 60/60, as they'd say in West Virginia or Louisville.

Ha, that will never happen.

SEC

Big 10
Sec adds Clemson,unc fsu and Miami.
Big 10 adds ND and va/Stanford along with Washington and Oregon. Two 20 team conferences. No one is adding tcu Houston and Colorado or duke get real

SEC

Big 10
Will the SMFN be bidding for broadcast rights?

Sec adds Clemson,unc fsu and Miami.
Big 10 adds ND and va/Stanford along with Washington and Oregon. Two 20 team conferences. No one is adding tcu Houston and Colorado or duke get real
A third conference with 20 teams would emerge in this scenario. It would obviously fall behind financially, but that’s the case right now anyways.

A third conference with 20 teams would emerge in this scenario. It would obviously fall behind financially, but that’s the case right now anyways.
That's where we might end up until the big 2 decide to split and form a new conference jettisoning Vanderbilt ru Indiana, Illinois etc.

SEC

Big 10

I think you are correct in that we will have two super divisions the question will be who ends up in the each. I think you likely aren’t correct with your split.

I also think both the B10 and SEC might decide to jettison some dead weight.

I think Pitt has a chance to make it but not a great one. PSU won’t want us in the B10 and not sure how we could ever fit in the SEC.

I think this is going to happen pretty quick though as the PAC-12 and likely B12 get diced up quickly then the question is when does Clemson or Miami or FSU jump to the SEC causing us to not have a home.

I think you are correct in that we will have two super divisions the question will be who ends up in the each. I think you likely aren’t correct with your split.

I think Pitt has a chance to make it but not a great one. PSU won’t want us in the B10 and not sure how we could ever fit in the SEC.

I think this is going to happen pretty quick though as the PAC-12 and likely B12 get diced up quickly then the question is when does Clemson or Miami or FSU jump to the SEC causing us to not have a home.
The only thing the ACC can do is pray that the Big Ten and SEC are nice to them and I don't know why they would be.

Screw it. Let the SEC/BIG play their game. I'd rather Pitt tell them all to screw off and just play VT, WVU, Cuse, Louisville and 2-3 others every year without a shot at any real playoff. Maybe save a handful of bowls in nice locales and the eastern "independents" play the westerns. CFB is ruined. I'm all but done. Go Grove City!

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
Screw it. Let the SEC/BIG play their game. I'd rather Pitt tell them all to screw off and just play VT, WVU, Cuse, Louisville and 2-3 others every year without a shot at any real playoff. Maybe save a handful of bowls in nice locales and the eastern "independents" play the westerns. CFB is ruined. I'm all but done. Go Grove City!
I'd be fine watching the two mega conferences do their own thing and actually play college football with the rest of the nation. Pitt would be in terrific shape competitive wise in a league with its peers.

I don't think PissU has as much clout as some think. They're a mediocre, mid-B1G team. If the B1G wanted us, they could get us. That being said, I don't think that will happen anyhow.

It's a mess and I'm just hoping Pitt isn't on the outside looking in with a bunch of other teams. We may be forced to be in another Big East type league with no great football teams and a bunch of hoops teams that are decent to great. But college sports right now is a clusterf%$&.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT