ADVERTISEMENT

2009 - Top 20 in Football and Basketball

I always thought a recruiting class was ranked on letter day of intent. When did that change? And who knows how much more of less of an impact they would have made if the class remained intact.

You didn't answer my questions and deflected on the second point. Thanks.

Who were the players that wanny was going to get that turned into good players?

I didn't deflect anything.

you somehow missed the awesome careers of vic chestnut & Poteat? Not sure what is stranger, Seneca and his wanny man-crush or SVP/Georgia and his Walt man-crush

No man crush, just providing balance to the intellectually stimulating cries of "Wanny sucks". Guess you are happy with the current state of affairs.

No man crush, just providing balance to the intellectually stimulating cries of "Wanny sucks". Guess you are happy with the current state of affairs.

Actually, what I would have liked was for Walt to stick around. He had as much success as wanny his last three years in a far superior conference...and he was despised by the fanbase in the end.

Who were the players that wanny was going to get that turned into good players?

I didn't deflect anything.

You most certainly did. I stated that his last class was going to be very good according to recruiting service rankings and the number of quality offers a lot of the recruits had. You did not challenge that and asking for a post mortem is textbook deflection.

So when can a expect another 10 win season?

You most certainly did. I stated that his last class was going to be very good according to recruiting service rankings and the number of quality offers a lot of the recruits had. You did not challenge that and asking for a post mortem is textbook deflection.

So when can a expect another 10 win season?

I don't really care how the class looked on paper. How did the players turn out? Bostic was a 5 star recruit on paper.

As far as a ten win season? We can expect that when pitt plays in a conference that is closer to being on par with the AAC and not arguably the best football conference currently.

Wanny was playing in the minors, and still failed to win a crappy conference.

Actually, what I would have liked was for Walt to stick around. He had as much success as wanny his last three years in a far superior conference...and he was despised by the fanbase in the end.

You sense of history is different that mine. I like Walt and would have had no problem had his contract been renewed. But the truth is he appeared to be beaten down with Big East implosion and it was reflected in his last year(s) of recruiting. Just seemed disinterested/distracted with his personal problems and with his run ins with the administration. His agent didn't help matters. I don't remember him as being despised, just acknowledgement that maybe it was time to part company.

Agreed - Walt should have been rewarded with a new contact and additional money for assistants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT