ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Schedule

Chescat

All Conference
Jul 5, 2001
Like many others on here, I see big improvement in our team next year. BUT.....
the schedule is no gimmie. We're at UCF (they're ranked and undefeated right now),
at ND, and home with Albany and PSU. Three of those four are presently ranked,
and could very well be ranked next season also. Three ranked teams in the out
of conference schedule is almost unheard of. We're also at NC, Miami, and Wake Forest.
Wake btw is playing its best football in years, they're actually winning (beat NCST).
We could be leap years ahead in performance of where we are now,
but man, THAT schedule!

Last edited:
Like many others on here, I see big improvement in our team next year. BUT.....
the schedule is no gimmie. We're at UCF (they're ranked and undefeated right now),
at ND, and home with Albany and PSU. Three of those four are presently ranked,
and could very well ranked next season also. Three ranked teams in the out
of conference schedule is almost unheard of. We're also at NC, Miami, and Wake Forest.
Wake btw is playing its best football in years.
We could be leap years ahead in performance of where we are now,
but man, THAT schedule!

Doesn't UCF have a bunch of seniors? And they will have a new coach with players learning a new system.

Doesn't UCF have a bunch of seniors? And they will have a new coach with players learning a new system.

All I know is what I see.

2018 PSU at home is much easier than 2017 PSU on road

ND on road is easier than OKST at home

UCF much better than Rice but if you cant beat UCF, you have problems. Their only P5 win was against Maryland. And their only win over a team that has more than 6 wins is vs 9-1 Memphis

While I am not opposed to playing 2 of 3 annually (PSU, WVU or ND), I am opposed to playing anyone other than a P5 on the road. Especially on a year we are playing PSU and ND. Years we aren't playing 2 of the 3, we should be playing soup cans.

If Heather can at least fix our scheduling going forward, I would find her time here at least somewhat useful.

Wake is losing their starting QB which is big but the rest of their solid offense is returning. They've also been decent on D the past few seasons but they have allowed more points than us this year (might change after this week).

From what I've been able to gather, the difference between them and us this season is that they have made plays to win games and we've failed to do so. They forced 2 red zone TO's in the final minutes to beat NCS by 6 this week.

Psu will not be near the team next year that they are this year.James will be lucky to win 8 games with that schedule.They have no linebackers (rumor Bowen is dismissed)and Cabinda graduating.Plus losing all 4 starting DBs and both starting DTs that's 8 starters gone off the D.Offense is losing Hamilton,Gesicki and Barkley.Looks to me like Narduzzi will get his revenge against James next year?But in Franklin's favor after next year's downturn he's going to loaded for years to come with the recruits he's bringing in.You got to kicked him when he's down,thats next year at Heinz's Field.

Last edited:
The problem with PSU is that they are loaded with talent. It is young talent like it was last year when we barely beat them with a decent team. I don't know if we'll be as good next year as we were last year. I don't know if they'll be as bad early-on next year as they were early-on last year. PSU will definitely be favored. May not be by 3 TD's but who cares? We've beaten the spread something like 4 times since Sherril was our coach.

UCF should return 16 starters next year. They return their starting QB, RB, TE, and all WRs, plus 3 of 5 on the OL. They return their leading tackler and their entire DB group. They also return their starting P and K. So, they likely have more returning starters than we do.

PSU will need to rebuild the defense next year, as a ton of starters are graduating. They've got a lot of 4-stars behind those guys, but they are still going to be young. I would imagine that they will have plenty of growing pains early in the year, at least, and are probably at 9 wins best case scenario. The offense will score a lot of points, though, so they'll have a buffer. They've also got a favorable schedule with most of the tougher in-conference games at home, except for Michigan.

I expect the spread for Pitt/PSU next year will be no more than 10 points.

I watched the Psu vs Nebraska game and Psu backup DBs (freshmen Fields,Wade and McPhearson)got toasted for 3 TDS in the last 6 minutes of the game.They can be had through the air unless they can get a better pass rush.They'll have their two starting DE back next year that are injured this year that will help their pass rush.Oops forgot about Reid their best DB who didn't play this year he'll help in the secondary too.Their linebackers will be average at best.The offense will score points though and Mcsorley is a winner but Pitt can get them at home.

2018 PSU at home is much easier than 2017 PSU on road

ND on road is easier than OKST at home

UCF much better than Rice but if you cant beat UCF, you have problems. Their only P5 win was against Maryland. And their only win over a team that has more than 6 wins is vs 9-1 Memphis

Virginia Tech at home is easier than Virginia Tech in Blacksburg as well. Georgia Tech at Heinz Field is easier than in Atlanta.

Agree psu is easier doesn't mean it will be a win though. UCf is much harder than rice and I would say ok st and nd are a wash except the systems favor pitt as far as nd and ok st are concerned. Crossover is NC st vs wake probably go with NC state as being better. Really depends on VT, nc and Miami

I watched the Psu vs Nebraska game and Psu backup DBs (freshmen Fields,Wade and McPhearson)got toasted for 3 TDS in the last 6 minutes of the game.They can be had through the air unless they can get a better pass rush.They'll have their two starting DE back next year that are injured this year that will help their pass rush.Oops forgot about Reid their best DB who didn't play this year he'll help in the secondary too.Their linebackers will be average at best.The offense will score points though and Mcsorley is a winner but Pitt can get them at home.

Would love to Wade at CB with him covering Ford. That would not end well for the midget.

Sean why so mean with Wade?I'll give Wade some credit he at least got on the field for a top 10 team as a true freshman and play some meaningful minutes.As for Ford he's a big ? mark next year because he never saw the field this year.Maybe Wade shuts out Ford next year if they go head to head he has a year of experience on him.I hope all Wpial kids do well where ever they play (except when they play Wvu).I hope Raines (if we keep him)gives us some good minutes next year like Wade did at Psu.

Sean why so mean with Wade?I'll give Wade some credit he at least got on the field for a top 10 team as a true freshman and play some meaningful minutes.As for Ford he's a big ? mark next year because he never saw the field this year.Maybe Wade shuts out Ford next year if they go head to head he has a year of experience on him.I hope all Wpial kids do well where ever they play (except when they play Wvu).I hope Raines (if we keep him)gives us some good minutes next year like Wade did at Psu.
Robinson is an example of a guy that should have been rated higher than Wade, but did not get as much hype or exposure. Robinson and Ford both have a higher ceiling than Wade. Being 5-8 or so is always going to hinder Wade to some degree. I’d take Robinson and Ford over Wade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT