North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Duke
Virginia Tech
NC State
Notre Dame

- Early thoughts: the road ACC schedule looks brutal. 6 guaranteed losses (Duke, UNC, Syr, Lou, NCSU, VT). ND, Miami, GT, FSU wont be easy. 2-8 on the road, we'll take. Have to do work at home.

- Would be real cool to open up RMU's new arena. We should do a 3 for 1 or 4 for 1 with them. These home "buy" games vs cupcakes dont make us any money.

- I wonder if Capel will schedule a P6 road game to balance out the fact we have WVU and the B10 in the same year. He has mentioned playing old Big East teams and in NYC before.

Last edited:
Might as well get this going.

OOC

Home
West Virginia
Big Ten
Fort Myers Tournament Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake

Neutral
Northwestern, Kansas State, or Bradley
Kansas State, Bradley, or Northwestern
Duquesne

ACC

Home
Syracuse
Louisville
North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Virginia
Clemson
Wake Forest
Boston College

Away
Syracuse
Louisville
North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Duke
Virginia Tech
NC State
Notre Dame

- Early thoughts: the road ACC schedule looks brutal. 6 guaranteed losses (Duke, UNC, Syr, Lou, NCSU, VT). ND, Miami, GT, FSU wont be easy. 2-8 on the road, we'll take. Have to do work at home.

- Would be real cool to open up RMU's new arena. We should do a 3 for 1 or 4 for 1 with them. These home "buy" games vs cupcakes dont make us any money.

- I wonder if Capel will schedule a P6 road game to balance out the fact we have WVU and the B10 in the same year. He has mentioned playing old Big East teams and in NYC before.

Wonder who we will paired (PSU) up with the Big Ten (PSU) challenge (PSU)?

Wonder who we will paired (PSU) up with the Big Ten (PSU) challenge (PSU)?

The following teams are due road games (though they dont always rotate this way):

Michigan
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Northwestern
Maryland
Iowa

If they go by this, process of elimination eliminates Michigan (too good) and Northwestern (probably play them the week before). Pitt will probably be picked 13th to 15th preseason so its hard to see us getting a home game vs Maryland, Ohio State, or Wisconsin and we just played Iowa this year and they haven't done many rematches historically. So, yes, Penn State makes a lot of sense. And if Stevens and Watkins come back, those are 2 borderline NBA guys so I dont like that.

Last edited:

OOC

Home
West Virginia
Big Ten
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake

Neutral
Duquesne

ACC

Home
Syracuse
Louisville
North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Virginia
Clemson
Wake Forest
Boston College

Away
Syracuse
Louisville
North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Duke
Virginia Tech
NC State
Notre Dame

Haha we still have no idea who some key pieces to our roster will be next year but we already have 6 guarenteed road losses??

The following teams are due road games (though they dont always rotate this way):

Michigan
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Northwestern
Maryland
Iowa

If they go by this, process of elimination eliminates Michigan (too good) and Northwestern (probably play them the week before). Pitt will probably be picked 13th to 15th preseason so its hard to see us getting a home game vs Maryland or Wisconsin and we just played Iowa this year and they haven't done many rematches historically. So, yes, Penn State makes a lot of sense. And if Stevens and Watkins come back, those are 2 borderline NBA guys so I dont like that.
That's why I was inserting PSU in there. Aside from the rivalry aspects, it does make sense slot wise.

Blah. The B10 thing stinks. Wish ACC would align with another.

The B10 got 57% of their teams in. The ACC only 46.7%. The Big Ten is a good league. I do think the ACC should play another conference challenge with the SEC in addition. The Big Ten plays 2 conference challenges + 20 conference games.

Reactions: jctrack
Give me Cupcakes or give me death haha. Rack up the W's.

Thanks for starting the Schedule thread as well @Sean Miller Fan
5095111.jpg

Reactions: Elsalvador
The more soupcans and cupcakes the better!!

Not enough total wins and you wont make the NCAAs even if Sagarin's computer says you are #25. Don't want to be next year's NC State nor even a Clemson at Sagarin #30.

OOC

Home
West Virginia
Big Ten
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake
Cupcake

Neutral
Duquesne

ACC

Home
Syracuse
Louisville
North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Virginia
Clemson
Wake Forest
Boston College

Away
Syracuse
Louisville
North Carolina
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Duke
Virginia Tech
NC State
Notre Dame

Agree with you on Pitt @ RMU next year.

Could be the game after Pitt hosts FSU & RMU could get a warm up game in somewhere on the road.

A sold out crowd in the new arena would be a great way to start the local college hoops season too.

If anyone has connections with the big shots at either school let’s get this game scheduled!

Reactions: ebonylover40
Updated to add @ RMU. Leaving Duquesne on there for now.

My guess is @ RMU will be on Saturday, November 9. Pitt football is off that day so it will be the only game in town.

My guess is that Pitt @ RMU will be on ESPN+ so if you can't get 1 of the 4000 tickets, be prepared to drop $4.99 for the monthly fee though I think you can get a free trial

Updated to add @ RMU. Leaving Duquesne on there for now.

My guess is @ RMU will be on Saturday, November 9. Pitt football is off that day so it will be the only game in town.

My guess is that Pitt @ RMU will be on ESPN+ so if you can't get 1 of the 4000 tickets, be prepared to drop $4.99 for the monthly fee though I think you can get a free trial

Let’s hope it’s at least on ESPN 3 lol.

Regardless, very happy this game is happening & hopefully it will continue down the road for years to come.

Pitt has home games with WVU, Rutgers, Syracuse, BC, Miami, and Louisville. Sounds very Big East-ish.

Winnable games:

Home
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Miami
Clemson
Wake Forest
Boston College

Away
Georgia Tech
Miami
Virginia Tech
NC State
Notre Dame

Any updates?

Pitt has a very interesting opening 3 weeks. They better be ready. The Italy trip came in a good year.

Nov 6 FSU
Nov 9 Cupcake
Nov 12 @ RMU
Nov 15 WVU
Week of Nov 18 Cupcake
Nov 25 Northwestern (my guess)
Nov 27 KST or Bradly (my guess)
Dec 2 Rutgers

Duquesne game officially not happening this year, announced back in March by the AP. one year hiatus to allow for RMU game and the florida tournament.

Per Rothstein, Pitt's first opponent in the Ft. Myers tip off is Kansas State. They lose 3/4 of their top scorers, at least. Another P5 opponent.

Per Rothstein, Pitt's first opponent in the Ft. Myers tip off is Kansas State. They lose 3/4 of their top scorers, at least. Another P5 opponent.

They probably have K-State the top seed and NW #2, considering they were rated above us last year.

Losing to K-State and beating Bradley would be a pretty unremarkable appearance for us.

They probably have K-State the top seed and NW #2, considering they were rated above us last year.

Losing to K-State and beating Bradley would be a pretty unremarkable appearance for us.
Bradley was rated above us?

I think we have a very good chance to beat both! That Italy trip playing against grown men should get us mentally tough to come back to play against guys mostly their own age..IMO

No. In these events, normally the top team doesn't actually want to play the weakest opponent. That doesn't help the SOS. K-State should be reasonably favored for 2 wins over P5 teams.

Seems like half the time these things go for 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. The other times, it's hard to say. They may even ask all the teams who they'd rather play first and if there are matches, they put those teams against each other. It's also possible they may have wanted an Illinois matchup of Northwestern vs Bradley.

Reactions: VincePITT
Seems like half the time these things go for 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. The other times, it's hard to say.

If Bradley were replaced by a team better than Pitt, K-State would probably still choose to play #4 Pitt. They just don’t want to play a weak, non-P6 team.

It’s the same reason the top team in Maui doesn’t play Chaminade. It is a win with no value. Teams have enough cupcakes at home, they don’t enter these events to stack up even more.

Seems like half the time these things go for 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3. The other times, it's hard to say. They may even ask all the teams who they'd rather play first and if there are matches, they put those teams against each other. It's also possible they may have wanted an Illinois matchup of Northwestern vs Bradley.
Or maybe K-State requested Pitt so they could get revenge for Ryan Luther 3-bombing them in Hawai'i.

Reactions: Pittnerski
A 70 to 47 loss will leave you thinking, wait til next time!

Or maybe K-State requested Pitt so they could get revenge for Ryan Luther 3-bombing them in Hawai'i.

I am guessing that to entice teams to sign up for these events, they may offer certain teams like the #1 pick on who they want to play. They could have that written into the contract. Remember when defending why Jamie always had us in really weak Gazelle Group events, he said they were always the first team to sign up several years in advance. It could be because he wanted to have some control of who he played.

It’s the same reason the top team in Maui doesn’t play Chaminade. It is a win with no value. Teams have enough cupcakes at home, they don’t enter these events to stack up even more.

Chaminade plays Kansas in the first round of this year's event.

ADVERTISEMENT