ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Revenue Numbers Are In!

I thought players get a stipend, tuition paid, free room & board, free tutoring, and an opportunity to showcase their talents to make millions in NIL money.
Just showing the facts. They aren’t paid. They, IMO, should be.

I thought players get a stipend, tuition paid, free room & board, free tutoring, and an opportunity to showcase their talents to make millions in NIL money.
Comes out to about $52K a year in room, board, tuition, books, fees, costs....not counting all the training, tuition, extra meal/training table, tutoring, health care, etc. Probably easily pushing $75K a year, or more.

Yet with all this conference payout, which supports the entire athletic department, Pitt Athletics will still be in the red, along with most other athletic departments.

Last edited:
Reactions: APanther
They've also been getting cost of attendance payments before NIL.

Yet with all this conference payout, which supports the entire athletic department, Pitt Athletics will still be in the red, along with most other athletic departments.
Yep. And therein lies the rub. Does a donor now give to the athletic department or the collective? To be seen.

Yep. And therein lies the rub. Does a donor now give to the athletic department or the collective? To be seen.
It's a professional sport now.

Why not end the charade of eligibility requirements and limitations?

Athletic scholarships and aid should only go to those with financial need. Fill out a FAFSA like everyone else.

Last edited:
Honestly, I hope college football dies. I really do. I will be completely satisfied that these ****s who live their lives and determine their self worth by the success of their college football team that they have to now kill themselves in shame. And the coaches and players, oh yes, greed kills. F U. Go dig ditches now.

Reactions: Dan1911
We need a real minor league for college football, and stop combining competitive sports with college.

With the COVID year it is hard to break down revenue since some conferences had very few games....ie PAC 12. The fact that revenues increased by 16% for the ACC is a good sign. Need to keep that in double digit increases to keep up.

Reactions: APanther
those poor amateur athletes. thoughts and prayers to them and their families. #collegefootballplayerstrong.

ADVERTISEMENT