ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Pitt commit in action today

Eric_Knopsnyder

Scholarship
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2022
Stoystown, PA
Seneca Valley junior Tyler Chappell, who gave a verbal to Pitt in February, will be competing in PA Power Wrestling's The Redemption dual today. Chappell finished seventh in AAA this season after placing third as a sophomore. He'll face Montoursville's Branden Wentzel, who has gone 1-3-2 in AA in what should be an interesting matchup.
Chappell already got plenty of redemption by winning an NHSCA junior national title last month, but a win over Wentzel would be another nice feather in his cap.
Here's how they have fared against common opponents: http://www.pa-wrestling.com/hs/wrestler_comparison.htm?wrestler1=164868&wrestler2=166110
The dual, which features some of the best young wrestlers in the country without commitments (Mason Gibson, Bo Bassett) begins at 12:30 p.m. and will be streamed on PA Power's Rokfin channel.
See the full lineup here.

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, are PA Power Wrestling and PA-Wrestling.com the same folks? That site is an incredible free resource.

Sorry for the slow response times. There have been some issues with my log-in. Sometimes it allows me to post, sometimes not. I have all results from the NLWC and PA Power Wrestling cards over the weekend that I wanted to share.
Tebo, as Tyler Chappell is none, did indeed beat a AA champ and two-time finalist on Sunday. As always, he showed very good defense and a solid top game.
No one else on either card was a Pitt recruit, but most of them have not committed, so there's always a chance.

Pardon my ignorance, are PA Power Wrestling and PA-Wrestling.com the same folks? That site is an incredible free resource.
No problem at all. It can be confusing, but no, PA Power Wrestling and PA-Wrestling.com are not affiliated.
You're right, PA-Wrestling.com is an amazing resource, and I used it daily when I was doing high school rankings.
PA Power is a project near and dear to my heart, as I helped Jeff Upson build it from a rankings service into a media company that won the National Wrestling Media's outlet of the year award. (Sorry, had to do a little bragging.)
I needed some time away from the sport, so I haven't done anything for PA Power since November - for me five months away was an eternity - but I'm still close with the folks there. They do high school rankings, host/stream events, video podcasts, articles and more on Rokfin. If you don't know Rokfin, it's a company started by one of the brothers who founded FloWrestling and later was shoved out of the company. It hosts channels covering everything from wrestling and MMA to political commentary and comedy - if you believe there is a difference between those last two. It's sort of like Rivals in that you pay a monthly subscription and get access to all kinds of channels, including some of the biggest names in wrestling.

Sorry for the slow response times. There have been some issues with my log-in. Sometimes it allows me to post, sometimes not. I have all results from the NLWC and PA Power Wrestling cards over the weekend that I wanted to share.
Tebo, as Tyler Chappell is none, did indeed beat a AA champ and two-time finalist on Sunday. As always, he showed very good defense and a solid top game.
No one else on either card was a Pitt recruit, but most of them have not committed, so there's always a chance.
Have a list of targets by chance?

That would certainly be welcomed! As a whole wrestlers (good and bad thing!) don’t seem to be as active on social media with top 5 lists, pictures on visits, etc which makes it a little more difficult to follow but I know there are a lot of people on this board that would love that info!

Here are the Redemption Dual results
115 – Marco Tocci, Warwick, dec. Connor Smith, Seneca Valley, 7-1.
158 – Dom Frontino, Shippensburg, dec. Tyler Berish, Beth-Center, 3-0.
137 – Mason Barvitski, Southern Columbia, dec. Vinny Cintrano, Plum, 4-2.
118 – Nico Tocci, Warwick, pinned Landon Bainey, West Branch, 4:25.
177 – Matt Furman, Canon-McMillan, dec. Suds Dubler, Glendale, 5-3 SV.
110 – Lane Fordyce, Indiana, pinned Julia Horger, Bensalem, 1:55.
118 – Gauge Botero, Faith Christian Academy, dec. Tony Burke, Council Rock North, 1-0.
165 – Ryan Garvick, Central Dauphin, dec. Zeke Dubler, Glendale, 8-7.
118 – Tyler Chappell, Seneca Valley, dec. Branden Wentzel, Montoursville, 3-1 (TB2)
117 – Marco Tocci, Warwick, tech. fall Dysen Gould, Punxsutawney, 19-5 (5:45)
165 – Erik Gibson, Bishop McCort Catholic dec. Shawn Taylor, West Allegheny, 13-6
115 – Bo Bassett, Bishop McCort Catholic inj. def. over Kaedyn Williams, Manheim Township, 2:00. (Bassett led 11-3 after 1st period)
132 – Jordyn Fouse, Northern Bedford 1, Savannah Witt, Palisades, 0
125 – Mason Gibson, Bishop McCort Catholic inj. def. over Kamdyn Williams, Manheim Township, 3:30. (Williams led 3-1 in second period)

And King of the Keystone results
AAA 27, AA 6
106 – Nathan Desmond, Bethlehem Catholic, dec. Aaron Seidel, Northern Lebanon, 5-1. (AAA leads 3-0)
113 – Carson Wagner, Northampton, dec. Branden Wentzel, Montoursville, 3-1 (SV). (AAA leads 6-0)
120 – Charlie Bunting, Nazareth, dec. Brock Weiss, Jersey Shore, 8-6. (AAA leads 9-0)
126 – Braxton Apello-Fries, Nazareth, dec. Kaden Milheim, Warrior Run, 7-4. (AAA leads 12-0)
132 – Collin Gaj, Quakertown, dec. Conner Heckman, Midd-West, 10-4. (AAA leads 15-0)
138 – Colton Stoneking, Waynesburg Central, dec. Cade Wirnsberger, Meadowbrook Christian, 3-0. (AAA leads 18-0)
145 – Conner Harer, Montgomery, dec. Ty Watters, West Allegheny, 2-1. (AAA leads 18-3)
152 – Dylan Evans, Chartiers Valley, dec. Andrew Christie, Bishop McDevitt, 3-1. (AAA leads 21-3)
160 – Ryan Garvick, Central Dauphin, dec. Ganon Smith, Newport, 2-1. (AAA leads 24-3)
172 – Suds Dubler, Glendale, dec. Logan Hoffman, Belle Vernon, 10-5. (AAA leads 24-6)
189 – Johnny Miller, Exeter, dec. Isaac Cory, Montoursville, 4-3. (AAA wins 27-6)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT