ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Pitt Football Schedule

Hey, we play UNC at home on a Saturday! Some thoughts...

- First off week comes at a good point
- Like UNC early
- Don't like ND and FSU back to back
- 4 of our last 6 on the road

Guaranteed that jagoff Nutting asks for a homestand UNC weekend, or brings the Reds in Cincy weekend.

UL, Wake, ND, FSU is a tough stretch.

UL with a good coach and has done pretty good in the transfer portal.

Wake loses their QB. But at this point that offensive system is getting pretty close to “plug and play” at QB. You either have the DL to completely swarm their 2* and low 3* recruit OL, thereby negating the system completely (like Clemson does, or us in the ACCCG), or they out 40 on you.

And those are the two easiest teams of that stretch.

Wake loses their QB. But at this point that offensive system is getting pretty close to “plug and play” at QB. You either have the DL to completely swarm their 2* and low 3* recruit OL, thereby negating the system completely (like Clemson does, or us in the ACCCG), or they out 40 on you.

Why don’t you just say it? Pitt will be 0-12 in 2023…. I mean, Pitt didn’t do a damn thing to improve, did they? Everyone else got better , but not Pitt, right?

Scram!

Gonna be a tough year. I don't view the schedule as being overly difficult, but it certainly leaves little room for clunkers. Play a terrible game against YSU or Delaware and you can still win; do that against GT and you'll lose. Well, there is only one non P5 team on here, so that will be tough. Definitely one of those years where 7-5 will be decent, though. We just lost too much firepower.

Gonna be a tough year. I don't view the schedule as being overly difficult, but it certainly leaves little room for clunkers. Play a terrible game against YSU or Delaware and you can still win; do that against GT and you'll lose. Well, there is only one non P5 team on here, so that will be tough. Definitely one of those years where 7-5 will be decent, though. We just lost too much firepower.

3 P5's in OOC, somethings never change. Is it any coincidence the best season in recent memory involved a schedule with only 1 P5 OOC? Look at national champion Georgia's OOC this season: UT Martin, Ball State, and UAB. Does this make any sense? Oh, that's right, they face a "gauntlet" during the SEC season

Hey, we play UNC at home on a Saturday! Some thoughts...

- First off week comes at a good point
- Like UNC early
- Don't like ND and FSU back to back
- 4 of our last 6 on the road

Guaranteed that jagoff Nutting asks for a homestand UNC weekend, or brings the Reds in Cincy weekend.

For the first time in, maybe forever, the Pirates don't have home games the same Saturdays as Pitt in September. They typically schedule Saturdays in September at home, but for whatever reason not this season.

3 P5's in OOC, somethings never change. Is it any coincidence the best season in recent memory involved a schedule with only 1 P5 OOC? Look at national champion Georgia's OOC this season: UT Martin, Ball State, and UAB. Does this make any sense? Oh, that's right, they face a "gauntlet" during the SEC season

To be fair, UGA frequently plays 2 P5 OOC games.

They always play GT.

Then frequently add ND, Clemson, Oregon, etc. And unlike Bama, play true road games.

I actually looked up some of their future OCC schedules.

There will be years where they will be playing some combo of Texas, Clemson, Florida State, and Ohio State in the same season to go along with GT. Although Texas goes away since they are joining the SEC.

Which might be a potential benefit of the 12 team playoff. Losses don’t hurt as much, so you might as well schedule for prime time.

Officially it is 1 P5 OOC. Cincy is not P5 yet and Notre Dame is an Independent.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ

Just realized that Malik Cunningham declared for the draft… thank goodness. Brohm will give them a fighting chance, though. Have to hope that the WF QB is a downgrade.

Reactions: President Stache
Honestly, although it will suck, I kinda rather have a difficult schedule like this when we are rebuilding and have an easier one when are team is strong, which is backward thinking I know, but not being expected to do much with a new QB, new RBs, WR again, most the line, and mass exodus on defense and still winning more than we lose would be a decent season with that schedule. Although, I think we could also do better than expected.

Just realized that Malik Cunningham declared for the draft… thank goodness. Brohm will give them a fighting chance, though. Have to hope that the WF QB is a downgrade.

Brohm got one of his old QBs at Purdue to transfer to Lville. So the floor should be high. I just don’t think his ceiling is that high if he wins the job.

I think Wake QB will be a downgrade. But the same way Hartman was a downgrade from Newman. That offense just isn’t QB driven. It’s system driven.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Honestly, although it will suck, I kinda rather have a difficult schedule like this when we are rebuilding and have an easier one when are team is strong, which is backward thinking I know, but not being expected to do much with a new QB, new RBs, WR again, most the line, and mass exodus on defense and still winning more than we lose would be a decent season with that schedule. Although, I think we could also do better than expected.
We don't rebuild under narduzzi anymore...

We reload

We don't rebuild under narduzzi anymore...

We reload

He said load.

BB-Do-The-Universe-01HL5SEHRE-H-2022-.jpg

I didn't realize we were playing Syracuse in Yankee stadium in November.

Also Miami (Oh) vs Miami (Fl) . that will be confusing.
Now that reminds me of the time Temple released a schedule that listed one opponent simply as "Boston". You had to do a little digging to discover that that was Boston University, not Boston College.

For the first time in, maybe forever, the Pirates don't have home games the same Saturdays as Pitt in September. They typically schedule Saturdays in September at home, but for whatever reason not this season.

Well the Pirates don't actually control their schedule. They play their series where MLB tells them to. They can ask for certain dates and ask to not get certain dates, but they don't get any guarantee that their ask will be answered.

And they do play Saturdays in September. Two of them, in fact. They just happen to be the two Saturdays in September that we play on the road.

Well the Pirates don't actually control their schedule. They play their series where MLB tells them to. They can ask for certain dates and ask to not get certain dates, but they don't get any guarantee that their ask will be answered.

And they do play Saturdays in September. Two of them, in fact. They just happen to be the two Saturdays in September that we play on the road.

Yeah, somehow Pitt lucked out (or just got smarter finally), but I think if you did an analysis of Pirates Saturday games in Sept for the last 20 years, 75% of them would have been at home.

think if you did an analysis of Pirates Saturday games in Sept for the last 20 years, 75% of them would have been at home.

And I'll bet it would be a lot closer to 50%. Just like all the other teams.

The Pirates certainly don't have any reason at all to prefer September home games. Especially when they know that they are going to be meaningless. Like most of the last 20 years.

And I'll bet it would be a lot closer to 50%. Just like all the other teams.

The Pirates certainly don't have any reason at all to prefer September home games. Especially when they know that they are going to be meaningless. Like most of the last 20 years.

Perhaps, but the real crux is that the Succos get priority and if they have a Saturday home game scheduled then Pitt can't play at night

Army counts as the 1 required ‘P5’ game.

ACC Commissioner to schools: Don't schedule G5 road games
"Coming off a year in which the ACC played 10 road games at non-Power 5 opponents — and lost three of them — schools received new guidance from the league office: Don’t. While the nonconference portions of the schedules to be released Monday are often set years if not decades in advance, the ACC has asked schools to schedule most, if not all, of their future nonconference road games at either Power 5 teams or Army.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT