ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Pitt Football Schedule

Anywhere from 7 to 9 wins.

Really going out on a limb there. If you take away the self-imposed NCAA sanction years (Graham/Chryst), we have won 7-9 regular season games in every season since 2008 besides the Covid Year (6 wins in only 11 games) and the ACC Championship year. Its a very safe bet that we'll win between 7-9.

I think the schedule is very manageable.

WVU is about the worst they've been in a generation

Cincy has a new and underwhelming coach and 1st year coaches often struggle their first year

No Clemson

ND is late so you can build momentum. There is no excuse not to be 7-0. We'll be favored in 6 of our 1st 7 and we have to beat UNC eventually.

Really going out on a limb there. If you take away the self-imposed NCAA sanction years (Graham/Chryst), we have won 7-9 regular season games in every season since 2008 besides the Covid Year (6 wins in only 11 games) and the ACC Championship year. Its a very safe bet that we'll win between 7-9.

I think the schedule is very manageable.

WVU is about the worst they've been in a generation

Cincy has a new and underwhelming coach and 1st year coaches often struggle their first year

No Clemson

ND is late so you can build momentum. There is no excuse not to be 7-0. We'll be favored in 6 of our 1st 7 and we have to beat UNC eventually.
Why the hell do I have to go out on a limb ?
Just like you said 7-9 wins most seasons, that's exactly how I see the next one.
Do you want me to say 3 wins ? How about 12-0?

Army counts as the 1 required ‘P5’ game.

ACC Commissioner to schools: Don't schedule G5 road games
"Coming off a year in which the ACC played 10 road games at non-Power 5 opponents — and lost three of them — schools received new guidance from the league office: Don’t. While the nonconference portions of the schedules to be released Monday are often set years if not decades in advance, the ACC has asked schools to schedule most, if not all, of their future nonconference road games at either Power 5 teams or Army.
Would like to see Army on the schedule . Haven't played since 1983.

Wofford - WIN
Cincinnati - WIN
At WVU - WIN
UNC - LOSS
At VT - WIN
Louisville- WIN
At Wake Forest - WIN
At Notre Dame - LOSS
FSU - LOSS
At Syracuse - WIN
Boston College WIN
At Duke - WIN