ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Pitt Football Win/Loss Predictions

I’ll go with 7-5. I see a lot of winnable games.

Kent State - W
Cincinnati - L
WVU - W
Youngstown State - W
UNC - L
Cal - W
Syracuse - W
SMU - L
UVA - W
Clemson - L
Louisville - L
BC - W

Reactions: Farnox
Six is possible. Really need to at least split with big 12 stalwarts wvu and Cincinnati. If they split those two, 6 is more than likely.

sucks to say this but i'd sign up for a 1-1 with the wvu and cincy games. we lose both, that would be a brutal kick to the groin..

My prediction would be that 5 wins is probably the floor and 8 wins is likely the upside, so somewhere in between.

Kent State - W
Cincinnati - W
WVU - W
Youngstown State - W
UNC - L
Cal - W
Syracuse - W
SMU - L
UVA - W
Clemson - L
Louisville - L
BC - W

8-4

Reactions: MIPittfan
sucks to say this but i'd sign up for a 1-1 with the wvu and cincy games. we lose both, that would be a brutal kick to the groin..
I agree.

WVU’s o-line was really good last year, they return everybody but Frazier. I think their record was a bit inflated due to teams that are typically good being down (Pitt, TCU, UCF, BYU, Cincinnati, Baylor), but credit WVU for taking advantage. The key is if they are able to get pressure on the quarterback.

Offensively Cincinnati will be good to great. Defensively? Who knows. They brought in a ton of transfers to try and rebuild a defense that wasn’t very good. I wouldn’t be shocked if they went 9-3 or 3-9.

I'll go 5-7 simply because the schedule is not that daunting. After the season, HL will declare that the season has been a great success since we won 2 more games than the prior year so we're trending up. We'll also announce a contract extension for PN installing him as the first P5 "Coach for Life".

Reactions: Islanderpanther
I agree.

WVU’s o-line was really good last year, they return everybody but Frazier. I think their record was a bit inflated due to teams that are typically good being down (Pitt, TCU, UCF, BYU, Cincinnati, Baylor), but credit WVU for taking advantage. The key is if they are able to get pressure on the quarterback.

Offensively Cincinnati will be good to great. Defensively? Who knows. They brought in a ton of transfers to try and rebuild a defense that wasn’t very good. I wouldn’t be shocked if they went 9-3 or 3-9.

Why will Cinn be good to great? Because of the Indiana transfer at QB?

Why will Cinn be good to great? Because of the Indiana transfer at QB?
Continuity on the offensive line will help and I expect Kiner and Evan Pryor to be one of the better RB duos in the nation. However, Sorbsy (IU transfer) is the key. He fits really well into Satterfield’s system because he is accurate and can anticipate throws into space. He is also quick enough to be a running threat. Sorsby was one of the more underrated QBs in the country last year.

5-7. Just putting in this different of an offense will take some time. Plus serious lack of playmakers. At least unproven ones.

Continuity on the offensive line will help and I expect Kiner and Evan Pryor to be one of the better RB duos in the nation. However, Sorbsy (IU transfer) is the key. He fits really well into Satterfield’s system because he is accurate and can anticipate throws into space. He is also quick enough to be a running threat. Sorsby was one of the more underrated QBs in the country last year.

I have no doubt they will be improved.

But you’re talking about a team that finished 50 out of the 70 P5 + ND teams in opponent adjusted offensive ranking. F+ had than 82 in their offensive analytic rankings.

So they were not just bae, but bottom tier bad.

I have a hard time believing they are going to skip past bad, not good, average, and go straight into the tier you’re talking about because of Indiana’s QB. Lets allow them a normal rate of improvement, and wait and see if they can achieve an abnormal level of improvement.

The defense also finished 70/70 according to Pick 6, and 97th overall according to F+.

They were just a reallyyyyyyy bad football team last year. How much better can a team that recruits at their level get in one offseason?

I have no doubt they will be improved.

But you’re talking about a team that finished 50 out of the 70 P5 + ND teams in opponent adjusted offensive ranking. F+ had than 82 in their offensive analytic rankings.

So they were not just bae, but bottom tier bad.

I have a hard time believing they are going to skip past bad, not good, average, and go straight into the tier you’re talking about because of Indiana’s QB. Lets allow them a normal rate of improvement, and wait and see if they can achieve an abnormal level of improvement.

The defense also finished 70/70 according to Pick 6, and 97th overall according to F+.

They were just a reallyyyyyyy bad football team last year. How much better can a team that recruits at their level get in one offseason?
You make solid points. I think Cincy struggled because Emery Jones had a tendency to tuck the ball and run too quickly. He’d too often run into sacks or make off-balance throws. The key in a read-pass offense is to catch linebackers in space and make accurate throws which plays to Sorsby’s strengths.

6-6 with a slow starting offense that I hope finds it's legs later in the season. Biggest fear is the old adage, when you have two QBs you really have no QBs.

I'm going with 7-5, offense will start slow but improve as the season goes on. Defense will be solid with the young DL improving in the second half of the season. A bowl win would be a toss up depending on the opponent.

6-7, bowl loss, fans fairly frustrated but Narduzzi seat not that hot as he'd still have 5 contractual years remaining after this one.

It’s game week! What is your prediction for Pitt wins and Pitt losses this season?
There is no one that has any clue just how good or bad their football programs will be this year. Whenever you hear a "prediction" it is just pure speculation. College football is not what it used to be. Every year is a crap shoot for each team.

It’s game week! What is your prediction for Pitt wins and Pitt losses this season?

619am0.gif

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
I'll go 5-7 simply because the schedule is not that daunting. After the season, HL will declare that the season has been a great success since we won 2 more games than the prior year so we're trending up. We'll also announce a contract extension for PN installing him as the first P5 "Coach for Life".
Mike Gottfired was given a lifetime contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT