ADVERTISEMENT

24-25 Roster

LaRocka2012

Scholarship
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2022
Tough day as Bub announced his decision to declare for the NBA, but overall still a lot of exciting developments for the program. Would it have been incredible for Bub to come back for 1 more year? Of course.. but I feel very confident that Capel really has things going in the right direction.

Jaland Lowe now will be the primary ball handler and the key to Pitt's overall success next year. This is obviously a lot on his shoulders but I don't think there is any question this kid has the talent to handle it. I actually really like the fact that this will allow Leggett to play and defend the 2 position on most nights.

The obvious elephant in the room now is who does Pitt use these 4 scholarships on? I think it's evident that Pitt is targeting experience in the portal. 4 scholarships to play with and suddenly very likely more money to spend accordingly. I'm most intrigued by who Pitt makes "contact" with these next few weeks now that they know Bub is gone. There are a few guys I really would like to see Pitt go all in on and I am truly hoping they prioritize Center first and foremost.. Filling that position with the guy you want is critical and allowing Kante to come in for minutes off the bench.

IMO Pitt's priorities should go as follows: (and NIL funds)

1.) True Center and "5" that you feel fits the playing style that compliments the guards
2.) True "3" and a guy that can shoot at a 38-40% clip from 3. OBviously these players are highly sought after but Pitt NEEDS to have their "3" this year be an elite shooter
3.) Experienced Guard. (1 or 2)
4.) Young developmental wing "3 or 4" - Pitt has some flexibility with this spot because of Zach Austin returning.

Jaland Lowe SO
Ishmael Leggett SR
Beebah Cummings FR
Marlon Barnes RS FR
Zack Austin SR
Guillermo Diaz-Graham JR
Jorge Diaz-Graham JR
Amdy Ndiaye FR
Papa Kante FR

TBD
TBD
TBD