ADVERTISEMENT

24th Straight Loss for a ND Starting QB in the NFL

The last Notre Dame QB to win was Brady Quinn in 2012.

Honestly, I’m more surprised by the fact that Quinn lasted that long in the NFL! :oops:

Glad Ian Book stinks in the NFL. He wa a loud mouth clown at ND. Someone should send his old tweets back to him now that he sucks.

Book’s best attribute at ND was his mobility, but I noticed tonight he was a second late in deciding whether to run or not and it cost him. I’m sure a lot of that was lack of reps and nothing approaching game speed, but it made the difference in him being a factor in the running game rather than just getting the crap kicked out of him the way we did.

We all bemoan the Steelers lack of a competent OL, but that patchwork group the Saints put out tonight was second level bad.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Book’s best attribute at ND was his mobility, but I noticed tonight he was a second late in deciding whether to run or not and it cost him. I’m sure a lot of that was lack of reps and nothing approaching game speed, but it made the difference in him being a factor in the running game rather than just getting the crap kicked out of him the way we did.

We all bemoan the Steelers lack of a competent OL, but that patchwork group the Saints put out tonight was second level bad.

The Dolphins D is really aggressive and creative. They had 7 on the line often last night and would mix their blitz/coverage off of that same pressure look which confused the hell out of Book. He never knew if he was getting pressure or not. Their corners and FS Holland are really good so they can lock down most teams on the back end and especially the Saints who really have no NFL receivers.

That said, Notre Dame sucks. H2P.

I don't like ND either, but when was the last time a Pitt QB started an NFL game and won? I know Peterman got some starts, did he win any NFL games?

The Dolphins D is really aggressive and creative. They had 7 on the line often last night and would mix their blitz/coverage off of that same pressure look which confused the hell out of Book. He never knew if he was getting pressure or not. Their corners and FS Holland are really good so they can lock down most teams on the back end and especially the Saints who really have no NFL receivers.

That said, Notre Dame sucks. H2P.
The Dolfins are sneaky good now.

Book is terrible .... actually the list ND QBs are all terrible so this stat is not surprising.
Yeah I was going to say I don’t see him as being any worse than the other guys on that list, and they were all way more highly regarded than Book.

That being said at the time I thought Kizer would end up being a decent NFL QB, was a little bit off on that one as he sucked something awful.

The Dolfins are sneaky good now.

Remember when I said Tua was better than people give him credit for?

He's 7-3 in games that he played at least a quarter of football.

Oh, and between Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Tua, Mr. Tagovailoa is the only one to throw a TD or beat the Saints this year.

Glad Ian Book stinks in the NFL. He wa a loud mouth clown at ND. Someone should send his old tweets back to him now that he sucks.
I don't have any strong opinion on him either way, but it was only his first game.

Remember when I said Tua was better than people give him credit for?

He's 7-3 in games that he played at least a quarter of football.

Oh, and between Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Tua, Mr. Tagovailoa is the only one to throw a TD or beat the Saints this year.
Easy big fella.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT