ADVERTISEMENT

3 star TE commit puts Pitt back in top 20

In recruiting

Good job Dooz

Please stop.

We both know when it’s all said and done that Pitt won’t be in the top 20 in the final recruiting rankings or anywhere particularly close to it. If Pitt signed the literal first player to commit in some random years class you would undoubtedly post a thread titled “Pitt #1 in recruiting rankings, thank you so much Duzz“!

Haha awww poor nitter.

By the way, this is the highest recruiting class in Pitt History!

You are a tota moron, sorry for that and you can’t see the class is a good one.

Man I bleed for Pitt the same as you do, but we know this is meaningless. When it’s all said and done we both know Pitt will end up ranked somewhere between 35-45 as they do most years. This season will be no different.

This kid is committing to a school with the real likelihood his OC is not yet hired.

Meaning, he has no clue what his role will be. Will he be a blocking only TE? Will they put weight on him and move him to tackle? DE?

Pitt needed a warm body after whiffing on higher rated prospects.

This kid needs to re-think this.

Reactions: PittPoker
This kid is committing to a school with the real likelihood his OC is not yet hired.

Meaning, he has no clue what his role will be. Will he be a blocking only TE? Will they put weight on him and move him to tackle? DE?

Pitt needed a warm body after whiffing on higher rated prospects.

This kid needs to re-think this.

This is such a dumb post it’s incredible they allow you to post at all.

According to this site he is rated higher than Dinkins who chose PSU. We were looking at CJ Dippre who chose Maryland over us and the nitwits. Who else did we have a chance with that you’re referring to?

How many other schools will have new OCs? You think PSU won’t be making changes?

Haha awww poor nitter.

By the way, this is the highest recruiting class in Pitt History!

You are a tota moron, sorry for that and you can’t see the class is a good one.

Well, we know that isn't true. But it still stands that this Pitt coaching staff can't recruit players needed to win in the ACC. We'll continue to be mediocre as long as we recruit mediocre players. Not one player on the current roster or incoming roster would ever see playing time at one of the top ACC programs. They'd all be bench players or not recruited at all at Clemson, for instance. We have sunk to the depths of heralding Pitt recruiting 2* and 3* players. LOL!

Until we recruit the better players, we will continue to win 5 or 6 games a year.

[QUOTE="President Stache, post: 3318721, member: 27950"
According to this site he is rated higher than Dinkins who chose PSU.

[/QUOTE]

And yet, the only reason we offered this kid is because we whiffed on "lower rated" Dinkins.

Reactions: JokePa
Well, we know that isn't true. But it still stands that this Pitt coaching staff can't recruit players needed to win in the ACC. We'll continue to be mediocre as long as we recruit mediocre players. Not one player on the current roster or incoming roster would ever see playing time at one of the top ACC programs. They'd all be bench players or not recruited at all at Clemson, for instance. We have sunk to the depths of heralding Pitt recruiting 2* and 3* players. LOL!

Until we recruit the better players, we will continue to win 5 or 6 games a year.

This class is the same level as all others. But some choose to see it as top 20. Maybe they don’t realize that’s just because of the sheer number of recruits. And some probably do know but cherry pick the top 20 nonsense.

Keep getting the same level of players, keep getting the same results.

I don't like it.....I LOVE IT!! This class plus Narduzzi entering his 7th year last year supports all of our dreams of a STABLE PROGRAM!!! Yes folks, kids, you wanted stability, you got stability.

Why risk it? Every year we can punch our ticket at 7-5 and some third tier bowl in Annapolis, Detroit, Birmingham or El Paso!!!! Consistency! No more of this coaching carousel and hoping for a top 10 contending team, we don't have to sweat out this roller coaster. We have a coach no one wants, we recruit middle, we finish middle, we stay middle.

I finally get this "stability" thing you all used to use as an excuse for why we can't finish in the top 20!

Reactions: WannyandWalt
I live 20 minutes from Blue Mountain high school. Coal region kids are tough. Don’t forget Connecticut made a living on Coal region recruits during the Wanny years and they were a descent team.

Reactions: cliff777

Well it is true. Look it up.

And they wouldn’t be bench players at Clemson.

Wasn’t Pitt this kids only P5 offer? That’s a red flag. He’s a low rated three star. With offers from the likes of holy cross and Elon. Just doing a simple sort in Rivals, pitt is ranked number 51 based on average stars. This 2021 class looks no different from last year. Mediocre and underwhelming. But go on and fool yourselves into thinking this is a great class. Ignorant fanbases don’t advance the program.

Wasn’t Pitt this kids only P5 offer? That’s a red flag. He’s a low rated three star. With offers from the likes of holy cross and Elon. Just doing a simple sort in Rivals, pitt is ranked number 51 based on average stars. This 2021 class looks no different from last year. Mediocre and underwhelming. But go on and fool yourselves into thinking this is a great class. Ignorant fanbases don’t advance the program.
Correct. It’s another Mediocre class that will ensure a 5-6 win ceiling

Well it is true. Look it up.

And they wouldn’t be bench players at Clemson.

I don't have to look it up. I remember the classes with Marino, Covert, May, Cavanaugh, Dorsett, Greene, Jackson, Fitzgerald. Those classes were all way ahead of the mediocre classes that Narduzzi is recruiting now. And seriously...name one player on the current roster that would be, at best, a bench reserve player at Clemson. Maybe Morrissey would be on the bench and come in as a reserve. Clemson would be hard pressed to consider any of these kids.

Just keep landing the local guys and keep that pipeline to the pros going, while adding in the others like we are.
Pipeline to the pros, land the local kids. I love it. The best local kids go to ND, Mich, OSU and the peds. Our pipeline to the pros are from 6 win teams that the coaches didn't know how to coach them up. I hope both change but I don't see it happening in the near future.

Pipeline to the pros, land the local kids. I love it. The best local kids go to ND, Mich, OSU and the peds. Our pipeline to the pros are from 6 win teams that the coaches didn't know how to coach them up. I hope both change but I don't see it happening in the near future.

Not true at all.

We have 3 of the top 5, Donald, Johnson and Hall and one is u committed and the other going to Florida.

Reactions: pierre93
??? what does that have anything to do with my question

I should be asking you the same question. You bring up PSU and their potential OC change. I responded, this kid didnt get a sniff from the local school (PSU)

So I will ask you, Einstein. What does PSU and their OC change have to do with a kid they have no interest in?

Meanwhile, Pitt reached....took this underwhelming prospect and he likely wont be playing for the OC on staff today.

Truth.

I think the ceiling is a little higher, but it's a valid point. It's also not the fault of the coaching staff. It's not possible to recruit well enough at Pitt to contend for ACC Championships without going rouge & Pitt isn't willing to do that. Coaching changes at Pitt is nothing more than window dressing. It's not going to have any impact.

Not true at all.

We have 3 of the top 5, Donald, Johnson and Hall and one is u committed and the other going to Florida.
The D line recruiting has been very good. Hall is closer to a 2 star than a 4 star, he is also on D. Where is the RB recruiting, the O line recruiting, the LB recruiting and the biggest of all the QB recruiting. By the way PITT has at least 4 DB's playing in the pros, why does PITT's secondary get torched every game?

I should be asking you the same question. You bring up PSU and their potential OC change. I responded, this kid didnt get a sniff from the local school (PSU)

So I will ask you, Einstein. What does PSU and their OC change have to do with a kid they have no interest in?

Meanwhile, Pitt reached....took this underwhelming prospect and he likely wont be playing for the OC on staff today.

Truth.

Because Dinkins choose ups, and they have more issues than we do by far.

Thought that was pretty obvious. Guess you don’t get the obvious.

Jesus H, what a bunch of whiners. We need TEs really bad, and there's not much left out there to recruit.

I watched his Hudls and he's big, can run, is a willing blocker, and has good enough hands to play QB. It's a no brainer at this point in the cycle, and he looked better than I thought he would.

Interesting that Renda also played some QB in high school.

Because it doesn’t fit their narrative

rst it was Narduzzi is a defensive coach yet our defense stinks

Then it’s he can’t keep coaches

He loses local recruit

Then it’s he can’t recruit at all.

By the way, our one OL recruit with zero stars was offered by Cal so I imagine he will get raised to two stars and our average will go to three

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePanthers
Because it doesn’t fit their narrative

rst it was Narduzzi is a defensive coach yet our defense stinks

Then it’s he can’t keep coaches

He loses local recruit

Then it’s he can’t recruit at all.

By the way, our one OL recruit with zero stars was offered by Cal so I imagine he will get raised to two stars and our average will go to three

How does this commit go against the “he can’t recruit” narrative? Kinda seems to be a prime example of it.
People can say, “stop complaining, we had to take somebody and are desperate at the position,” but that argument would fit nicely into the narrative as well.

Let’s hope this TE can catch and that he isn’t injury prone - landing at least a two TEs with good hands is absolutely a need.

It won’t matter though if there isn’t a QB capable of gettinf them the ball..

Without a QB who can play at a much higher level next year than what we’ve seen from the backups, PItt can forget about winning even 5 games next season.

It is so very clear that PN and staff have not been getting it done when it comes to recruiting very good TEs , QBs, RBs, and Olinemen.

The only chance Pitt has of not getting even worse over the next couple of years is if PN gets it right this time with a new OC who can bring a Very good QB and RB with him.

Reactions: Millerton24
How does this commit go against the “he can’t recruit” narrative? Kinda seems to be a prime example of it.
People can say, “stop complaining, we had to take somebody and are desperate at the position,” but that argument would fit nicely into the narrative as well.

Top 20 recruiting class numb nuts 😂😂😂

Hate all you want, but considering where we are as a program I'll take this for now. We have some promising local guys and some talented athletes in the mix. In addition bringing in 6 OL is what we all have been begging for so .... We are not going to get kids to say NO to Clemson and yes to Pitt, but we can get pretty good players and develop them into a good roster. HCPN is not perfect, he is not a top coach in the country, but aside from his inability to hire and produce and offensive system he has been pretty good at Pitt (compared to last 20 years). For now any progress is good progress. We are 4 points away from being 7-3 with a potential for 8-3 with 2 draft picks gone and a crappy changed schedule.

I think we need to separate the program from the expectation that were set for the current coach when he was hired - expectations he not only accepted but flaunted when he took the job.

Let’s remember that PN came in pretty much guaranteeing his teams would win more games right away and would be competing for and winning championships (at least ACC ones) pretty quickly.

Now, I don’t think any fan was honestly expecting him to come in and with 11 games in his first or even second year but it was reasonable for fans to expect a few 9 win season and at least one 10 win season with some of the schedules Pitt had. And the fact that this season’s team has so many losses is completely on PN due to the decisions he’s made when it comes to hiring mediocre coaches and decisions he’s made in game day and his inability to recruit well in key positions and his inability to lead others under him to be better.

Some might say-

“But he had changes at OC!”

He hand pick Watson and Whipple so that’s on him.

And his inability to recruit well at several key positions on offense is also on him - as he is the head coach.

Relative to where this coach has set the bar for himself- objectively - he has so far been a failure In terms of results on the field and yet a huge winner when it comes to the amount of guaranteed money he has been able to put in his pocket.

This situation translates to a Lose/Lose on the part of the AD and the university.

Last edited:
I don't have to look it up. I remember the classes with Marino, Covert, May, Cavanaugh, Dorsett, Greene, Jackson, Fitzgerald. Those classes were all way ahead of the mediocre classes that Narduzzi is recruiting now. And seriously...name one player on the current roster that would be, at best, a bench reserve player at Clemson. Maybe Morrissey would be on the bench and come in as a reserve. Clemson would be hard pressed to consider any of these kids.

Ok what was the rivals ranking? Prove it wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT