ADVERTISEMENT

40-50 coaching vacancies due to scandal?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Reactions: TJOlsen
Oh man....this is going to be good. Kansas was just named. I think we all seen that coming. There are alot of Nike schools right now that are breathing sighs of relief.

Of course you have to wonder about the Skerry/Birch connection. Also, I know of another kid, can't say who, but he played at Pitt for 4 years.

But they all do this, even St. Jamie, it is just how bad they do it.

What I hope happens mostly out of all of this is this neuters the AAU factions which seem to have much more control over recruiting than HS coaches.

Oh man....this is going to be good. Kansas was just named. I think we all seen that coming. There are alot of Nike schools right now that are breathing sighs of relief.

Of course you have to wonder about the Skerry/Birch connection. Also, I know of another kid, can't say who, but he played at Pitt for 4 years.

What I hope happens mostly out of all of this is this neuters the AAU factions which seem to have much more control over recruiting than HS coaches.

I also hope this hits the basketball factory "high schools" and prep schools. Remember about a year ago I posted that I never understood how those "schools" were funded. I always suspected something. HS basketball in most of the country is good enough. It is insane that kids are leaving NYC high schools to play New England prep ball. NYC HS basketball is like not even a thing anymore. Just crazy.

It figures a PITT kid gets paid for play, the NBA didn't want him, so he played at PITT for 4 years? Someone wasted their money!

Well with 40-50 openings I guess Stalling could maybe land another job? Maybe not huh!

It's going to get very ugly and some coaches are starting to look closer at the 401K and say can I retire. My guess your looking at probably two coaches per power 5 conference that will be caught up in this mess.

I think this is only going back a few years. It’s hard to imagine any which way in which jamie is involved . We lost so many players to these schools being mentioned . Diallo, Rowan, Heron, Dillard. Can’t imagine pitt being involved at least on the money side of things with the disgraced advisor

ADVERTISEMENT