ADVERTISEMENT

5 game team stats and NCAA rankings

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
Total offense 92 with 22.4 pts/g ave.
Pass offense 112 with 151.6 yards/g ave.
Rush offense 43 with 191.6 yards/g ave.

Total defense 110 with 32.0 pts/g ave.
Pass defense 87 with 229.8 yards/g ave.
Rush defense 110 with 200.8 yards/g ave.

These numbers are horrible any way you slice it. What was really surprising was our rush defense. For as much as narduzzi says priority 1 is stopping the run and how their base defense isn't going to change so they can sell out agaisnt the run, even this is not working.

If you look at our production against the D1 teams it's a lot worse: 19.8 ppt scored and 38.3 ppg allowed...

That's an average margin of almost 20 points to the bad and seeing that really puts this season in context.

We are on track to have the worst season since 1998.

If you look at our production against the D1 teams it's a lot worse: 19.8 ppt scored and 38.3 ppg allowed...

That's an average margin of almost 20 points to the bad and seeing that really puts this season in context.

We are on track to have the worst season since 1998.
Albany is D1. They’re just not FBS

These numbers are horrible any way you slice it. What was really surprising was our rush defense. For as much as narduzzi says priority 1 is stopping the run and how their base defense isn't going to change so they can sell out agaisnt the run, even this is not working.
Probably not going to make the college playoffs at this pace

In Pitt’s defense Ped State and UCF could be top 10 teams. It was easy for them to run up the score. The loss against North Carolina was just as bad if not worse from a program standpoint.
But I agree completely - the numbers are horrible. Those are first year coach numbers - not 4th.
Duzz ain’t gettin it done - period.

We have never been good stopping the run under HCPN. In the past we were more successful getting sacks, which, in NCAAF stats, goes against rush defense for some boneheaded, archaic reason, so it made the rush defense look much better. When teams want to run, they run, but in the past they were able to complete essentially every pass for big yardage.

Not having legitimate talent at any position may have something to do with it. But Narduzzi now seems like all talk (and the talk isn't very good) and no results.

Reactions: JJTopp99

-I read somewhere Pitt ranks 127th in special teams. Apparently our punter kicking the ball 25 yards has gained attention

Reactions: ratking17
How can you rank "127th in special teams"? Do you mean in a specific category, as it relates to punting?

- I dont know the answer to that

Lauren Brownlow‏@lebrownlow

I might be the only one who finds this interesting, but here is where the ACC ranks in S&P+ special teams: Syracuse: 1 VT: 2 UNC: 13 Duke: 25 Louisville: 31 Clemson: 65 BC: 70 Miami: 76 Wake: 79 GT: 95 FSU: 100 NC State: 109 UVa: 125 Pitt: 127

- I dont know the answer to that

Lauren Brownlow‏@lebrownlow

I might be the only one who finds this interesting, but here is where the ACC ranks in S&P+ special teams: Syracuse: 1 VT: 2 UNC: 13 Duke: 25 Louisville: 31 Clemson: 65 BC: 70 Miami: 76 Wake: 79 GT: 95 FSU: 100 NC State: 109 UVa: 125 Pitt: 127
Gotcha. That makes more sense, but is very, very subjective rating. I think FEI is a much better statistic, but that, too, has some clear issues. The individual inputs are important, but 1 input where you struggle can severely impact your rating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT