ADVERTISEMENT

5A final not at Heinz Field

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
While I did say that there was no way the WPIAL would be able to screw the richer 5A schools out of a 16 team playoff like they did for the 3A schools, I figured they let them start the season in Week 0 so they can start their playoffs early and still play at Heinz.

5A and 2A wont play at Heinz. 1A takes 5A's spot at Heinz by dropping down to an 8 team tournament.

While I did say that there was no way the WPIAL would be able to screw the richer 5A schools out of a 16 team playoff like they did for the 3A schools, I figured they let them start the season in Week 0 so they can start their playoffs early and still play at Heinz.

5A and 2A wont play at Heinz. 1A takes 5A's spot at Heinz by dropping down to an 8 team tournament.
so what....I'm sure they will find a 120 yard playing field somewhere...

Reactions: Pittforever111

so what....I'm sure they will find a 120 yard playing field somewhere...

Yea but its a nice reward for the kids to play there. Should do 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A the first week and then 4A and 6A the next week. Somehow, I think the grass will survive it

Get over it. Only 4 of the 6 class championships will played at Heinz from now on.

Reactions: Pittforever111
Should do 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A the first week and then 4A and 6A the next week. Somehow, I think the grass will survive it

Of course the state playoff setup would not allow that, by why let the facts get in the way.

4A and 6A the first week then 1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A the next week.

I could understand if the Rooney's said no games at Heinz but I don't understand how the grass can take 4 games but not 6. Like, Pitt only has 6 home games next year so shouldn't the grass be 1 game better?

I could understand if the Rooney's said no games at Heinz but I don't understand how the grass can take 4 games but not 6. Like, Pitt only has 6 home games next year so shouldn't the grass be 1 game better?
You sure that 1A will be at Heinz

You sure that 1A will be at Heinz

Yea they cut the playoffs to 8 games. Like 3A, the winner will have a bye to the PIAA semifinals.

1A, 2A, 3A, and 5A winners go to the PIAA semifinals. 4A and 6A winners go to PIAA quarterfinals. So, 1A, and 3A will join 4A and 6A but then the winners will have a bye week the next week.

ADVERTISEMENT