ADVERTISEMENT

7 foot center

MoTownPanther

Freshman
Nov 19, 2002
New Castle, PA
Chris Efretuei visited Pitt yesterday, looking to be a 2017 recruit. Any additional info out there? Also looks like a busy weekend on campus, got a few visitors coming in. #H2P

Watched his highlights -- he doesn't look ready, but he does look active. If all he's relied upon to do is play D and get offensive rebounds, he could play at Pitt next year; we have enough guards and wings who are scorers.

The video I saw shows a very raw and thin center.. Like the commenter said, he does appear active. Can't teach being 7 foot and even with the very limited skill set that Nix had he was actually pretty effective at times. That just goes to show what a valuable commodity a 7 footer could be. Get him here, in the weight room, and on the floor. H2P

Watched his highlights -- he doesn't look ready, but he does look active. If all he's relied upon to do is play D and get offensive rebounds, he could play at Pitt next year; we have enough guards and wings who are scorers.
I watched a highlight reel, we need a guy like that, who can catch an ally oop, go OVER guys and slam, we need that kind of size and athleticism for a change.

Raw and athletic, a lot like Peace. Looks like a kid who could be effective once he hits the weight room. Offer sheet isn't good (best is Rutgers) so you'd figure we'd have a good chance if he impresses enough for an offer.

Reactions: MoTownPanther
I watched a highlight reel, we need a guy like that, who can catch an ally oop, go OVER guys and slam, we need that kind of size and athleticism for a change.
If he can walk and chew gum at the same time he can at least affect the ability of opponents score at will inside, as we have been seeing lately. In time we could have a pretty valuable player here.

Reactions: MoTownPanther
I don't think many people get too out of shape over taking a flyer on a guy with some serious size. It's loading up on guards that can't make layups or shoot from the perimeter that cause the heartburn.

Looks like he has some skill to me. Let's get him on-board!

I don't think many people get too out of shape over taking a flyer on a guy with some serious size. It's loading up on guards that can't make layups or shoot from the perimeter that cause the heartburn.

Looks like he has some skill to me. Let's get him on-board!
Agree with this. A program like Pitt should always be open to taking a flyer on a big that has some potential.

Reactions: FireballZ
Damn I consider myself an optimist but it seems a little bit of a reach to compare this guy to a former 1st round pick.
I did not compare this guy to Mobley. The poster said he would like a big, athletic center who could take alley oops and dunk on people. That is a good description of Mobley, and he comes to mind with that description. Just wanted to clarify.

How bad does one have to be to be 7 feet and uncommitted 2 months before classes start? That's not even a lottery ticket. That's like buying a lottery ticket in Zimbabwe.

How bad does one have to be to be 7 feet and uncommitted 2 months before classes start? That's not even a lottery ticket. That's like buying a lottery ticket in Zimbabwe.

He is a 2018 recruit trying to reclassify to 2017. Hard to commit if you are not sure you are eligible yet.

His transfer was announced by Pitt.

Yes I am aware, but he's still at pitt taking classes. Unless we can find a better inside player, we'd be wise to ask him to stay for his last year and see what he says.

Yes I am aware, but he's still at pitt taking classes. Unless we can find a better inside player, we'd be wise to ask him to stay for his last year and see what he says.
He's gone from the team.

He's already going to South Alabama as a graduate transfer. This is a done deal. The is 0% chance of him returning to Pitt to play.

He's already going to South Alabama as a graduate transfer. This is a done deal. The is 0% chance of him returning to Pitt to play.

Nothing is done. He could stay if we wanted him and he wanted to.

at this point, if you are 7 feet and have the coordination to grab a ball, I say we take him. Raw or not, there is an upside.

But our team is so bad it doesn't matter, if Lurch from the Addams Family limps into Stallings' office we have to sign him, he's a 7 footer too.

Potential is the only issue that needs to be addressed . No one player coming in is going to alter the short term results . If there's potential in two / three yrs make the kid an offer .

Reactions: EaseJesus
We still have room for both, so a moot question.
Nix couldn't breathe after 2.5 minutes on the floor at any one time, so I'd rather have nobody or a walk on. Costs the university less money, not even considering food costs.

Eric Mobley was a Parade All-American out of high school.
And was absolutely abused by Shaq and every other big at the roundball Classic at the arena. I saw it with my own eyes. Not even in the same stratosphere. If Shaq was a 5 star, then Mobley was a low 3. All he could do was dunk on smaller players.

And was absolutely abused by Shaq and every other big at the roundball Classic at the arena. I saw it with my own eyes. Not even in the same stratosphere. If Shaq was a 5 star, then Mobley was a low 3. All he could do was dunk on smaller players.
Yeah, but he was good enough to be a quality Big East player, so I'd take a really good college player who would be abused by a one and done 5 star, in fact Pitt wishes we had players that good at this point. You're complaining that he couldn't hang with Shaq? LOL, who could? I mean other than the unknown recruit from Louisiana Neon Bedoux.

ADVERTISEMENT