ADVERTISEMENT

77 and 700 yards

President Stache

Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
I'd say that cant really be argued its a decent day.

By the way, the board is so quiet on days we win. Where are all the flamers? Ah, they must have all been at the game and cant be on? Oh wait, I was there and here I am.

Come on guys, you can come on and complain about the XPs or penalties

We need to all enjoy and appreciate a Kenny Pickett and this current group of receivers. We may not see this again for a long time. I think he is really going to keep the Clemson game interesting into Q4. If this defense can mature, we could really be a thorn in the sides of coastal teams.

Totally agree. I hope he stays healthy all year because he’s a hell of a college QB and we’re all lucky he decided to come back.
Agreed. It’s been a joy to watch him these last five years, and I have a feeling the next eight(hopefully nine) games will be fun. Great win and time for some ACC football!

Last edited:
I had to listen here in FL but I am quite pleased we ran the ball so well.
Any W is a good one.
Now let’s burn Atlanta!

By the way, the board is so quiet on days we win. Where are all the flamers? Ah, they must have all been at the game and cant be on? Oh wait, I was there and here I am.

What can you say. We took care of business.

Would have been nice to have has this game last week and W.Mich this week.

For me it is hard to get excited after last week. I was a huge fan of HCPN. Glad Pitt won.

Pickett took a huge leap this year. Good to see Pitt do what they are supposed to do against a high school team. It seems like every player on the team got on the field and performed very well today.
I thought so too. It would be hard for anyone to argue he isn't playing as good as any qb in the country right now. Kid seems to be making himself some serious cash this year.

Pickett took a huge leap this year. Good to see Pitt do what they are supposed to do against a high school team. It seems like every player on the team got on the field and performed very well today.
Definitely a good start for Pickett. High completion %, YPA and 15 TDS.

Thinking back, hard to believe 15 is the most TDS he’s had in a full season.

Now, let’s keep that good start of Kenny’s into ACC play!!

But xtra points…

nothing to complain about here.
I’m starting to wonder at this point what’s up with Clemson??

can’t look ahead need to beat GT and move on. And GT won’t be as easy as the past couple years (both also in ATL… I think GT owes us 3 in Pittsburgh after this)

Reactions: Teh Teh

I thought he played really well last year too. We didn't really have a TE to open things up a bit more, and we had just a ridiculous number of drive killing dropped passes last year.

His decision making has been great and he's gotten some good pass blocking as well.

I remember the grief that Pickett has received on this board the past couple years; he is the best Pitt QB since ?? (AVP in my opinion).

Agree. Not sure there is a close second.

For all the hell Whipple gets, he's really done a nice job. Doesn't mean his play calling can't be baffling at times, but he's done an excellent job with Pitt's passing game.

Big win, they are a good team at their level so to blow them out at this point is not a guarantee. Glad to see the offense continue to steam roll and defense bounce back

Well, it was against New Hampshire. Don’t get too excited about the win or too critical about people not being as excited as you about this win.

• Angry
Reactions: BFo8 and FireballZ
Well, it was against New Hampshire. Don’t get too excited about the win or too critical about people not being as excited as you about this win.
Yeah when you’re emptying the bench though in the second half and still get up to 77… I’d say it’s been a pretty good day.
We’re basically a defensive stop away from undefeated anyway you look at it

Addison looked great! Great routes and Pickett was putting it right there. Awesome day for the Panthers!

I remember the grief that Pickett has received on this board the past couple years; he is the best Pitt QB since ?? (AVP in my opinion).
rod was really good and had better numbers but kenny is the most complete guy. i still love petes 97 season stats werent over whelming but what did Stepping infor one year in there was awesome.

kenny has every tool and physically is there. if he keeps this season up he will go down as #2 behind marino as goat. if he doesnt his attributes and tools are null and void. he needs he needs numbers but more importantly results

Reactions: kma0043
Our big win and Clemson's ugly loss just makes me double down on how unpredictable the ACC is going to be. We're in the mix

I wasnt critical about people being excited. Although, why would you not be after a complete win. Usually that doesnt happen for Pitt. I certainly dont think we are a better than decent team, but we played well, hope it continues. I picked us to go 8-4, not sure we will, but we shall see. That would be a year for us.

My post was, of course, more about the fake handled posters that come on after losses but not after wins.

Reactions: FireballZ
I think you might be surprised.

Yeah, I think I always underestimate our offense though. We just suck at running, but V. Davis had like 270 yards against them last year, so he must have confidence. Their dbacks are bigger than our LBs are, but hopefully they arent as quick

My post was, of course, more about the fake handled posters that come on after losses but not after wins.

Many posters probably didn’t watch the game after last week and then a follow up game where they knew it was going to be a massacre.

I took my SMU grad wife to go see SMU-TCU. So I have nothing to say about it one way or another.

I was excited, I ONLY live in the moment, when I'm excited about today's game, I NEVER think about "the big picture", "what it means", "the future", the "quality of the opponent", ONLY just THIS MOMENT. And how IT WAS FUN winning 77-7.

I was excited, I ONLY live in the moment, when I'm excited about today's game, I NEVER think about "the big picture", "what it means", "the future", the "quality of the opponent", ONLY just THIS MOMENT. And how IT WAS FUN winning 77-7.
I’m not surprised at all.

rod was really good and had better numbers but kenny is the most complete guy. i still love petes 97 season stats werent over whelming but what did Stepping infor one year in there was awesome.

kenny has every tool and physically is there. if he keeps this season up he will go down as #2 behind marino as goat. if he doesnt his attributes and tools are null and void. he needs he needs numbers but more importantly results
I like the post overall, but Rod had better numbers? Career you mean? I find it hard to believe. Pickett is on fire this year. I haven’t checked all time season stats but I’d venture to guess he’s on a peace to shatter most if not all single season passing records.

Sorry to say, but I have been that guy who was lighting up the message board last week in anger and frustration. I was happy to see we played a fantastic game on both sides of the ball in a long time.

I am hopeful HCPN has things figured out. What will further inspire confidence is a drubbing of Ga Tech, and that’s no tall order. They need to continue opening eyes against legitimate competition. That’s the zone I would like to see this program in every week.

The more I think about it, I am hopeful the WMU game is a pivot point. As much as I want to move on from Narduzzi if he doesn’t win the coastal this year, I am moving in the direction of reality. This is Pitt after all and they won’t want to eat his contract. Further I have growing confidence that he can run the table with the way the rest of the conference has performed. I need to see it happen.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
I like the post overall, but Rod had better numbers? Career you mean? I find it hard to believe. Pickett is on fire this year. I haven’t checked all time season stats but I’d venture to guess he’s on a peace to shatter most if not all single season passing records.
yes career wise. kenny is poised to torch him

Many posters probably didn’t watch the game after last week and then a follow up game where they knew it was going to be a massacre.

I took my SMU grad wife to go see SMU-TCU. So I have nothing to say about it one way or another.

you’re usually on though, usually negative, but at least on line

ADVERTISEMENT