ADVERTISEMENT

8/8: VB gets another commit

does that really good woman on the brazilian national team have any eligiblity left? can we get her?

Reactions: pittdan77
I'm assuming that this is in anticipation of having more scholarships but there's always a chance that it's a very late transfer.
I did some reading about that today. The new (rumored) limit will be 18 scholarships which can be divided (as in half-scholarship), where the current limit is only 12 heads and no partials.

Theoretically, Pitt could add 6 new VB scholarships in 2025.

Pitt had a roster size of 19 back in the 2019 season before shrinking the squad during COVID.

I did some reading about that today. The new (rumored) limit will be 18 scholarships which can be divided (as in half-scholarship), where the current limit is only 12 heads and no partials.

Theoretically, Pitt could add 6 new VB scholarships in 2025.

Pitt had a roster size of 19 back in the 2019 season before shrinking the squad during COVID.
I think it means the roster will be capped at 18 but I don't know that for certain. I know that does apply to some other sports. But schools aren't required to be at the cap. That's where the scholarship splitting comes in, I think.

If someone understands this better, please set me straight.

I think it means the roster will be capped at 18 but I don't know that for certain. I know that does apply to some other sports. But schools aren't required to be at the cap. That's where the scholarship splitting comes in, I think.

If someone understands this better, please set me straight.

The limit on the total number of players on the roster will be 18. If a school wants to give out 18 full scholarships, they will be allowed. If a school wants to give out 15 full scholarships and 3 half scholarship, they can do that too. Or you could give out 18 partial scholarships and no full rides. But (assuming the proposed rules become the actual rules) you will not be allowed to have more than 18 players on your roster in any event. You will not be allowed, for instance, to have 17 full scholarships and 2 walkons. Or 19 half scholarships. Or any combination that adds up to more than 18.

The limit on the total number of players on the roster will be 18. If a school wants to give out 18 full scholarships, they will be allowed. If a school wants to give out 15 full scholarships and 3 half scholarship, they can do that too. Or you could give out 18 partial scholarships and no full rides. But (assuming the proposed rules become the actual rules) you will not be allowed to have more than 18 players on your roster in any event. You will not be allowed, for instance, to have 17 full scholarships and 2 walkons. Or 19 half scholarships. Or any combination that adds up to more than 18.
Thank you for clarifying. I think the general feeling is that these rules will indeed pass.

Makes me think Fisher wants to run a 6-2. When you have so many heavy hitters, you might as well try, right?
I’m assuming this means Hai’ti isn’t fully healthy and he at least wants the 6-2 option. I would assume the plan will be Fairbanks and Babcock playing all the way around as much as possible to run Liv out of the back row. Keep your best players on the floor

I’m assuming this means Hai’ti isn’t fully healthy and he at least wants the 6-2 option. I would assume the plan will be Fairbanks and Babcock playing all the way around as much as possible to run Liv out of the back row. Keep your best players on the floor
Swore I saw something with Hai'ti still in a long brace for some of the media day stuff the girls were posting.

There were some times last year where Fairbanks struggled in early sets. She is a great setter but having three front row hitters available at all times really makes your offense potent. Not sure what they'll do. Guess we'll see.

Thank you for clarifying. I think the general feeling is that these rules will indeed pass.

Probably, but as I said on the football board a while back the football coaches are lobbying hard against them, because they don't think they can field a football team with only 105 players on the roster.

• Haha
Reactions: jctrack
Swore I saw something with Hai'ti still in a long brace for some of the media day stuff the girls were posting.

There were some times last year where Fairbanks struggled in early sets. She is a great setter but having three front row hitters available at all times really makes your offense potent. Not sure what they'll do. Guess we'll see.
Just saw this today from the Pitt thread on the Volley Talk Board.......Haiti Tautua'a is out for the season. We need to see this confirmed but if true.....it goes a long way in explaining why we are bringing in Buzlutepe from Texas A&M with only 1 year of eligibility remaining.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT