ADVERTISEMENT

A Bit Overlooked...

Parkview57

Senior
Mar 22, 2012
is the play of the WR corps.....its been a while since Pitt's receivers as a whole, have made so many solid catches, in traffic, when getting hit, etc., as a whole. Sure Addison by himself was spectacular, but it seems the whole group is making tough catches. I would think Bell's offense, which spreads things out, and is uptempo, causes the ball to be spread around a lot in practice, which makes for a lot of focus. I mean,who wants to drop the ball when they get the opportunity kinda thing during the week. Just an observation.

is the play of the WR corps.....its been a while since Pitt's receivers as a whole, have made so many solid catches, in traffic, when getting hit, etc., as a whole. Sure Addison by himself was spectacular, but it seems the whole group is making tough catches. I would think Bell's offense, which spreads things out, and is uptempo, causes the ball to be spread around a lot in practice, which makes for a lot of focus. I mean,who wants to drop the ball when they get the opportunity kinda thing during the week. Just an observation.
Good point. But I think that all goes in hand with the OC and having a good qb who can deliver the ball in places where they can make the catch.

i knew mumpfield was good, i hoped johnson was going to be good. i had no idea williams was going to be anything and he has some big catches for us.

The best thing about yesterday is that we got the win and it still gives Bell a chance to reflect on the sin that is trusting 160-pound Poppi Williams to throw a block. We had the screen set up twice if not for the fact that a defender ran right through him like he was the invisible man. No idea why you wouldn't have Mumpfield blocking for Williams and not the other way around.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
The best thing about yesterday is that we got the win and it still gives Bell a chance to reflect on the sin that is trusting 160-pound Poppi Williams to throw a block. We had the screen set up twice if not for the fact that a defender ran right through him like he was the invisible man. No idea why you wouldn't have Mumpfield blocking for Williams and not the other way around.

Right, got the win but still plenty to work on. I thought the 4th down call at the end of the half was bad.

Reactions: pittbb80
i feel like the steelers and pitt, every year, are the worst college and nfl team when it goes to running screens.

different qbs, different OCs and same thing every year. i havent seen an effective screen play from pitt since that ND game about 10 years ago to i think Holtz and well for the steelers, im thinking we have to go back to bill freakin cowher days to when the last screen play worked.

Right, got the win but still plenty to work on. I thought the 4th down call at the end of the half was bad.
3rd and 1 yard to go, they had two shots and no idea why they didn’t run on one of those. Maybe it stemmed from their struggles running earlier in the half? But on 4th & 1 why throw behind the sticks? Just stupid. I’d prefer they run PA and have Holstein throw downfield over that inside screen crap call.

3rd and 1 yard to go, they had two shots and no idea why they didn’t run on one of those. Maybe it stemmed from their struggles running earlier in the half? But on 4th & 1 why throw behind the sticks? Just stupid. I’d prefer they run PA and have Holstein throw downfield over that inside screen crap call.
Is Daniel Carter still with the team? He might be worth giving a try on short yardage situations.

I thought in Narduzzi’s presser he said the 4th down play was not the one called. He had no idea what that play was.
The play looked like it maybe an option to the left with two potential people to dish the ball to (running back and shovel pass to the trailing receiver), or perhaps an end around to the left. There was massive penetration so if it was an option, Holstein might have felt forced to immediately shovel it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT