ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of comments from Zeise on realignment

So “fans will walk”is in reference to what ?
Perhaps rather than talking yourself into pretzels-
Spend a bit more time learning how to actuall make a distinct point clearly .

or just stfu
Either way
So in your mind "fans will walk" equals "the landscape of college football as an enterprise will somehow scare off fans of specific programs".

You completely ignore the part you made up - "the landscape of college football as an enterprise". I never said that.

So in your mind "fans will walk" equals "the landscape of college football as an enterprise will somehow scare off fans of specific programs".

You completely ignore the part you made up - "the landscape of college football as an enterprise". I never said that.
Like I said - your inability to actually make a point- or to communicate it - is your problem , not mine .

try one more time to explain.
why will the changing landscape cause fans to walk?

Pitt may not have fielded teams competitive enough to win a national title, but that is far different than being not being part of a system where a national title pursuit is theoretical possible. And the possibility was evidenced by the fact that even WVU had a shot at it when they were in the Big East, if not for 13-9. Heck, Pitt wasn't that far from a playoff bid this past season. If not for WMU, they might have gotten in, or at least been very much more in the discussion.

If Pitt isn't part of the perceived upper echelon, I think many diehards will fade away, because being in that upper eschelon, whether teams on the field were good or bad, is what has been historically expected of Pitt. Pittsburgh does not easily embrace teams of minor league status, which is what a conference of left overs may become perceived as.
Correct.

The thread really should be locked, because this is absolutely the truth.

I don’t know that there is much Pitt or the ACC can do about all this… but these are totally the stakes for Pitt. Anyone trying to argue otherwise has some agenda, or perhaps brain damage.

Correct.

The thread really should be locked, because this is absolutely the truth.

I don’t know that there is much Pitt or the ACC can do about all this… but these are totally the stakes for Pitt. Anyone trying to argue otherwise has some agenda, or perhaps brain damage.
The agenda is not panicking over things outside of our control.
Root for pitt and support them.
They will continue to play football
Stop being a weirdo

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Like I said - your inability to actually make a point- or to communicate it - is your problem , not mine .

try one more time to explain.
why will the changing landscape cause fans to walk?
Why should I answer a question about an issue that I never discussed?

Last edited:
How would that be any different than I’ll point out 30 years ?
Buddy the diehards who buy season tickets and donate aren’t going away .
They haven’t gone away yet with no actual or realistic path .

I've already explained how it is different, but the reality is Pitt did lose a lot of fans over the prior 30 years of bad to mediocre football because the perception of Pitt's ability to compete. Not playing against a schedule perceived as the highest level will not help that.

Some fans will leave, some won't. I know some that have already said they would give up going if Pitt is relegated to a perceived second level of competition. The bottom line is, in a hypothetical where Pitt is competing in a conference perceived along the lines of the American (i.e. a non-power conference), that will not be a positive in any conceivable way...not for selling tickets, not for recruiting, not for staff retention, and not for soliciting donations.

What is unknown is what conference, and how the conference Pitt ends up in, will be perceived.

Last edited:
I've already explained how it is different, but the reality is Pitt did lose a lot of fans over the prior 30 years of bad to mediocre football because the perception of Pitt's ability to compete. Not playing against a schedule perceived as the highest level will not help that.

Some fans will leave, some won't. I know some that have already said they would give up going if Pitt is relegated to a perceived second level of competition. The bottom line is, in a hypothetical where Pitt is competing in a conference perceived along the lines of the American (i.e. a non-power conference), that will not be a positive in any conceivable way...not for selling tickets, not for recruiting, not for staff retention, and not for soliciting donations.

What is unknown is what conference, and how the conference Pitt ends up in, will be perceived.
Your angst is misplaced

They haven’t gone away yet with no actual or realistic path (to the playoffs -- referenced by souf in previous posts) .

there was an an actual path, be a 1-loss P5 champ and pretty good chance you are in, especially when B12 and Pac10 had neither, this would would have happened this year if not for WMU or Miami.

And it was realistic to think it may have happened, especially beating WMU.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT