ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of comments

What Brady was able to do in just one season there was incredible. He knew he had veteran talented skill guys and that with that Saints offense he put in they would be virtually unstoppable against college defenses.

As I’ve said, Joe Burrow should give half his paycheck every week to Joe Brady. He was just another middling college QB until Brady came to town.
Or vice Versa since Joe looks pretty darned good as a rookie on a bad team

He'd bitch about the defense and the points given up.
Surely you’re not trying to argue against his original post? Leach’s Miss St’s offense is much much better than ours. They would score 40 points or more against Louisville most weeks, and they would throw for a ton of yards.
If you want to argue that Leach is not worth it, and you’d rather play more old school football, I get it. But Whipple is not even in the same universe as Leach when it comes to offense.

What Brady was able to do in just one season there was incredible. He knew he had veteran talented skill guys and that with that Saints offense he put in they would be virtually unstoppable against college defenses.

As I’ve said, Joe Burrow should give half his paycheck every week to Joe Brady. He was just another middling college QB until Brady came to town.

He will do well at Carolina also, probably too well to be able to draft Trevor Lawrence. From what I’ve read about Brady he is a workaholic first guy in the building type, hopefully he doesn’t burn himself out.

Because that only happens at Miss St.....🙄

Huh? You’re saying a lot of nothing here, and I’m not sure why?

Leach took over an offense that was not recruited to run his system. The team had so little talent he had to hit the market for transfer castoffs, because even those would be better than what he had on the team.
In with 4 weeks of practice time, he just set SEC all time records his first game.

You’ve contradicted none of that. We’ve got people in this thread claiming, “Well you know they were secretly practicing, that’s why Leach just set all time records.” “And well, he did have *some* 4 star players on the roster.”

Leach took over an offense that was not recruited to run his system. The team had so little talent he had to hit the market for transfer castoffs, because even those would be better than what he had on the team.
In with 4 weeks of practice time, he just set SEC all time records his first game.

You’ve contradicted none of that. We’ve got people in this thread claiming, “Well you know they were secretly practicing, that’s why Leach just set all time records.” “And well, he did have *some* 4 star players on the roster.”

Having 25 talent isn't having so little talent. However it got there, it got there. It's silly to say they are not talented to try make a point when they are pretty talented (and Leach is a very good coach).

Surely you’re not trying to argue against his original post? Leach’s Miss St’s offense is much much better than ours. They would score 40 points or more against Louisville most weeks, and they would throw for a ton of yards.
If you want to argue that Leach is not worth it, and you’d rather play more old school football, I get it. But Whipple is not even in the same universe as Leach when it comes to offense.
I'm saying he'd find something to bitch about. He'd complain about the 50 pts louisville would score against leachs defense.

The thing about Leach is, he’s not against defense. His WSU team a few years ago had a very good defense, and played a style of defense that as aggressive and attacking. And the big time schools quickly came and hired away his DC.

He’s just never gone anywhere that lends itself to defense. It’s just more difficult to scheme your way around talent on defense like you can offense. It’s why our defense was so horrible under Narduzzi for so long. Narduzzi couldn’t land instant impact recruits on the defensive side. And the scheme wasn’t going to bail out the lack of talent. So the defense sucked until he got enough recruiting classes under his belt.

That level of defensive talent just isn’t showing up to Washington State or Texas Tech. But I’m not worried that Leach has no interest in going out and landing his Bob Stoops. His Mickey Andrews. His Sandusky (for lack of another immediate name).

Having 25 talent isn't having so little talent. However it got there, it got there. It's silly to say they are not talented to try make a point when they are pretty talented (and Leach is a very good coach).

It’s silly to point to a recruiting ranking years after the recruiting class and it’s obvious that kid is not that level of talent.

Or vice Versa since Joe looks pretty darned good as a rookie on a bad team
Joe couldn’t get on the field for 3 years at OSU and looked very average in his first year at LSU-as did the rest of their offense, despite having some really good skill players. Now they look very ordinary offensively again.

Same type of thing we saw at Pitt in 2015-17.

Burrow looks good so far and is obviously an accurate passer and makes quick reads and decisions.. But none of what happened at LSU last season happens without Brady. No NC, no Heisman, no win over Bama, no record setting offense, no number one overall draft pick.

It’s silly to point to a recruiting ranking years after the recruiting class and it’s obvious that kid is not that level of talent.

Cool. Why not state how LSU's recruiting rankings are obviously vastly over-rated?

Oh yeah, that would further undermine your unsubstantiated opinion.

Reactions: Millerton
Cool. Why not state how LSU's recruiting rankings are obviously vastly over-rated?

Oh yeah, that would further undermine your unsubstantiated opinion.

I don’t think they are vastly overrated? They looked young and poorly coached. But none of them looked like busts yet. Busts are MSU’s highly ranked recruits.

It’s just Funny listening to Barton Simmons‘ podcast right now, the director of scouting for the website whose scouting rankings you are using, talk about how *average* Mississippi State’s WRs are, while you are pretending like they are some talented bunch based on Barton Simmons’ scouting.

And I’m sorry, what is my unsubstantiated opinion? That Mike Leach is a really good offensive mind? That Miss. State doesn’t have the talent to be setting all time SEC passing records Game 1 after 4 weeks of practice time?

You’re trying wayyyyyyy too hard here.

Right, always nice to have a talent advantage that can neutralize schemes.

We don’t have that on offense and probably never will. So offensive scheme matters for us significantly. Which is what makes Watson and Whipple hires so concerning. It’s why we’ve been asking, “when will our receivers get separation?” for like 4 years.
They are open....they led the country in dropped passes.

Reactions: Saboteur II
I don’t think they are vastly overrated? They looked young and poorly coached. But none of them looked like busts yet. Busts are MSU’s highly ranked recruits.

It’s just Funny listening to Barton Simmons‘ podcast right now, the director of scouting for the website whose scouting rankings you are using, talk about how *average* Mississippi State’s WRs are, while you are pretending like they are some talented bunch based on Barton Simmons’ scouting.

And I’m sorry, what is my unsubstantiated opinion? That Mike Leach is a really good offensive mind? That Miss. State doesn’t have the talent to be setting all time SEC passing records Game 1 after 4 weeks of practice time?

You’re trying wayyyyyyy too hard here.
Costanzo is a solid qb and Mississippi states receivers looked pretty good to me. Also, its my opinion that LSU will be a pretty good team come week 5 or 6.

It's one game in.

ADVERTISEMENT