ADVERTISEMENT

Article "A great start" - Stallings on recruiting, facilities and more from his first 8 weeks

Some posters are not permitted to respond to any sort of positive info in regards to Stallings. Way to keep it real! H2P

I think we should take our ball and go home like you proclaimed, so proudly. Watching the program tank will really help the University.

No one wants the university to tank. Pointing out concerns about stallings is completely legitimate.

No one wants the university to tank. Pointing out concerns about stallings is completely legitimate.
We are all apprehensive, and we were all surprised by the hire initially. Turn the page.

Last edited:
Are you for real dude? This wasn't an opinion piece...it was simply asking stallings what he has done so far?
cant disagree. If you are gonna say you are excited about recruiting, calling it a great start, tell us why? if it's too early then say, it's too early to tell. Nothing wrong with his quotes, it's a fluff piece and nothing more. And let's not congratulate a coach for hitting the ground running or tirelessly recruiting or whatever cliché we want to use.. That's his job. Working hard is the baseline, it's not to be commended but expected..

i just can't get out of my mind that Stallings looks like Colin Mochrie, from "Who's Line is it Anyway?". That picture from the article looks like he's doing "a bit"....

That said, I am more pumped up for Pitt BB than I have been in a very long time. looking forward to seeing what Mr. Stallings and his staff can do for this club.

i just can't get out of my mind that Stallings looks like Colin Mochrie, from "Who's Line is it Anyway?". That picture from the article looks like he's doing "a bit"....

That said, I am more pumped up for Pitt BB than I have been in a very long time. looking forward to seeing what Mr. Stallings and his staff can do for this club.
I agree, I am excited as well. I think our team will be in better shape physically which will help.

Perhaps the addition of S&C coach Gary Christopher will deliver better overall bball fitness.

Based on the fact that a Dr. at UPMC I am friends with said we had guys that got winded running sprints during practice that should not have been that tired.

Is this a doc that worked with the team? And I'm not being a wise ass for the record.

If this is true it's disappointing. One of the hallmarks of the early teams was the fitness and body changes we all saw for a lot of guys that came thru.

Is this a doc that worked with the team? And I'm not being a wise ass for the record.

If this is true it's disappointing. One of the hallmarks of the early teams was the fitness and body changes we all saw for a lot of guys that came thru.
I am not going to provide details to throw him under the bus, but he was privy to the practice and was shocked at how winded these guys were. He shared a few other things, but his opinion was some players were tuning the staff out and some players were able to do what they wanted. Even to the point of throwing tantrums. 1 player was specifically mentioned.

I am not going to provide details to throw him under the bus, but he was privy to the practice and was shocked at how winded these guys were. He shared a few other things, but his opinion was some players were tuning the staff out and some players were able to do what they wanted. Even to the point of throwing tantrums. 1 player was specifically mentioned.
So...let's say,
you're two for two with throwing out vague statements as fact, without any evidence.

Truth is, you can't make the new guy look good unless you make the old guy look bad.
I can get as specific as u want, but like the Joebots some people believe what they want to believe.

I like Dixon, think he is a good man and coach, and did a great job his first 8 years. The information I posted is accurate.

I can get as specific as u want, but like the Joebots some people believe what they want to believe.

I like Dixon, think he is a good man and coach, and did a great job his first 8 years.

And he did a pretty good job his past four years. He had one bad year where his starting PG was injured for a good portion of the season, and a heralded recruit transferred mid year because he had to work and compete for time.

And yet he still guided that team to a winning season.

Based on the fact that a Dr. at UPMC I am friends with said we had guys that got winded running sprints during practice that should not have been that tired.
Under Dixon, suicides had to be completed in 30 seconds (remember to factor in the college length floor for you guys comparing that time versus HS).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT