ADVERTISEMENT

A misunderstanding of covid?

Just because you don’t like the overseer.

If you want an overseer that agrees with you politically, doesn’t that make you wanting it to be political?

Nope. They’re being overtaken. If the data goes to HHS first there’s no way of knowing if it all even reaches the CDC.

And I’ll state again that would be concerning under any administration.

What's the deal with Florida's cases? I haven't read into it? I heard on BBC this morning that many labs were reporting 98% positive on all cases but in reality it was 9%? Anyone else hear this?

Supposedly the Florida infection-rate has been over-reported by about 30% due to many testing sites failing to report their negative tests.

This, of course, doesn't mean they haven't experienced a surge in the infection rate--just that it isn't as large a surge as previously erroneously reported.

In honesty. Everything has become highly political. Fruit by the foot is now political.

Wild times.

This is so very true. What I would like to ask in a non partisan kind of way..... What do people think Biden would have done differently that would have protected the population, kept the economy afloat and didn't further bankrupt the country? Answer: No one knows because the other side just points fingers and doesn't offer solutions. Trump or Biden, we are screwed either way.

Nope. They’re being overtaken. If the data goes to HHS first there’s no way of knowing if it all even reaches the CDC.

But you said above it would be better to go to Congress.

There is no way of knowing anything. Let’s be honest. We have a big broken political system. So many hands in the pot and so many agendas to be reconciled.

But you said above it would be better to go to Congress.

There is no way of knowing anything. Let’s be honest. We have a big broken political system. So many hands in the pot and so many agendas to be reconciled.

I said no such thing. I said that I didn’t know if Congress could do anything about this procedural change in response to steelcurtain55.

I said no such thing. I said that I didn’t know if Congress could do anything about this procedural change in response to steelcurtain55.
But why would you entertain this notion if you didn’t see value in it? Wouldn’t you simply dismiss this thought as political and exactly the type of action that you are against with Trump’s Whitehouse taking authority.

And again, Trump has rightful authority and Congress has no such authority. No matter how one one disagrees, this is fact.

But why would you entertain this notion if you didn’t see value in it? Wouldn’t you simply dismiss this thought as political and exactly the type of action that you are against with Trump’s Whitehouse taking authority.

And again, Trump has rightful authority and Congress has no such authority. No matter how one one disagrees, this is fact.

Ok. That was my suspicion. I was saying that I didn’t know if Congress could stop it. Again I didn’t think they could. You answered. Take a breath.

I’d prefer the data go to the CDC. Oversee them? Of course. Everyone should be overseen.

Ok. That was my suspicion. I was saying that I didn’t know if Congress could stop it. Again I didn’t think they could. You answered. Take a breath.

I’d prefer the data go to the CDC. Oversee them? Of course. Everyone should be overseen.
Understood. There is no direction that isn’t political.

“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams, 1789

Reactions: Farnox
This is so very true. What I would like to ask in a non partisan kind of way..... What do people think Biden would have done differently that would have protected the population, kept the economy afloat and didn't further bankrupt the country? Answer: No one knows because the other side just points fingers and doesn't offer solutions. Trump or Biden, we are screwed either way.
I was going to say he might have encouraged wearing a mask and social distancing ( and modeling such behavior) to a much larger degree... but then I realized that the same folks that refuse to wear masks now, would still be refusing to wear masks, just out of opposition to what Bidden was asking them to do....
Ugh.. you'd think a global pandemic would bring people together..
Country is now so polarized that it just drives people further apart...
Depressing..

I was going to say he might have encouraged wearing a mask and social distancing ( and modeling such behavior) to a much larger degree... but then I realized that the same folks that refuse to wear masks now, would still be refusing to wear masks, just out of opposition to what Bidden was asking them to do....
Ugh.. you'd think a global pandemic would bring people together..
Country is now so polarized that it just drives people further apart...
Depressing..
So the same people who don’t wear masks now, would be the same people not wearing masks if Biden was president just because Biden was president?

There are almost countless ways that the Federal government, under any other rational leader, could have deployed its massive power against COVID, including but not limited to:

- using the DPA to create hundreds of millions of N95 masks in January/February 2020 to solve our early problems with PPE
- hiring tens or hundreds of thousands of temporary workers to do contact tracing
- providing more direct money to individuals and avoiding the massive numbers in missed mortgage payments in July 2020
- not encouraging people to take over their state legislatures in a demand to "open up" the economy when conditions were still unsuitable
- not gassing peaceful protestors demonstrating for racial equality/an end to police brutality; promising Federal resources and investigations against officer-involved killings of unarmed minorities; showing empathy with protestors;
- not constantly lying about the scale, treatment, and likely temporal end of COVID.

These are just a few things. There are some Republicans out there (OH and MA in particular) who have done really great jobs and have my respect as leaders during this crisis, so please don't think I'm slamming all Republicans. But it's just delusional to think that Biden would have had the same impotent and dishonest response to COVID as Trump has.

Reactions: CougarClaws
If Libs are for it, then many will be against it.. That's where things stand.. no ?
But if they are not wearing masks now, why would they not wear masks just because Biden is President. That is what you said.

If libs say it, you can bet it contradicts itself... That’s the way it is.. no?

There are almost countless ways that the Federal government, under any other rational leader, could have deployed its massive power against COVID, including but not limited to:

- using the DPA to create hundreds of millions of N95 masks in January/February 2020 to solve our early problems with PPE
- hiring tens or hundreds of thousands of temporary workers to do contact tracing
- providing more direct money to individuals and avoiding the massive numbers in missed mortgage payments in July 2020
- not encouraging people to take over their state legislatures in a demand to "open up" the economy when conditions were still unsuitable
- not gassing peaceful protestors demonstrating for racial equality/an end to police brutality; promising Federal resources and investigations against officer-involved killings of unarmed minorities; showing empathy with protestors;
- not constantly lying about the scale, treatment, and likely temporal end of COVID.

These are just a few things. There are some Republicans out there (OH and MA in particular) who have done really great jobs and have my respect as leaders during this crisis, so please don't think I'm slamming all Republicans. But it's just delusional to think that Biden would have had the same impotent and dishonest response to COVID as Trump has.
Again, I know this isn't the board for this. And I am trying to be a smarta$$, but OK, so you gave me what you would do. My question was, what would Biden "HAVE" done. I haven't heard him say anything. And the Government is in a huge deficit. Giving out free money to that degree will eventually come back to haunt us. Gassing has nothing to do with COVID btw. Maybe they were gassed cause they weren't social distancing :)

Again, I know this isn't the board for this. And I am trying to be a smarta$$, but OK, so you gave me what you would do. My question was, what would Biden "HAVE" done. I haven't heard him say anything. And the Government is in a huge deficit. Giving out free money to that degree will eventually come back to haunt us. Gassing has nothing to do with COVID btw. Maybe they were gassed cause they weren't social distancing :)

Biden criticizes Trump and offers a competing vision, for both handling COVID and the Presidency in general, all the time. Just yesterday he said Trump should keep wearing a mask and listen to medical experts, among other things. Biden has also put forth plans for a test and trace program, producing more PPE, and reopening the economy. You just don't hear about it as much because Trump sucks up all the oxygen in the room.

With respect to spending, 32% of households missed their mortgage payments this month. Many states are over 10% unemployed. Some are over 20%. People need money for the basics right now and running a 6-12 month deficit until we get a vaccine is really not a big deal. Otherwise you're going to have people permanently losing their businesses, homes, cars, etc. and the negative economic effects will be permanent rather than temporary, which no one wants.

You asked what Biden would do to "protect" the population and economy. The demonstrations caused property damage and personal injury. My answer was that he would have at least tried to respond to the root cause of the demonstrations, which may have mitigated some of the property damage and human suffering.

The "both sides" gambit is pretty weak sauce at this point and IMO it's not a move that reflects any kind of political enlightenment.

Biden criticizes Trump and offers a competing vision, for both handling COVID and the Presidency in general, all the time. Just yesterday he said Trump should keep wearing a mask and listen to medical experts, among other things. Biden has also put forth plans for a test and trace program, producing more PPE, and reopening the economy. You just don't hear about it as much because Trump sucks up all the oxygen in the room.

With respect to spending, 32% of households missed their mortgage payments this month. Many states are over 10% unemployed. Some are over 20%. People need money for the basics right now and running a 6-12 month deficit until we get a vaccine is really not a big deal. Otherwise you're going to have people permanently losing their businesses, homes, cars, etc. and the negative economic effects will be permanent rather than temporary, which no one wants.

You asked what Biden would do to "protect" the population and economy. The demonstrations caused property damage and personal injury. My answer was that he would have at least tried to respond to the root cause of the demonstrations, which may have mitigated some of the property damage and human suffering.

The "both sides" gambit is pretty weak sauce at this point and IMO it's not a move that reflects any kind of political enlightenment.
LOLOLOL

Reactions: Farnox

The Rep Gov of Mississippi has also caught my eye. Nice to see a few reelectable Republicans about.

But it's just delusional to think that Biden would have had the same impotent and dishonest response to COVID as Trump has.

I agree. Given his history and what he stands for today it's pretty clear that Biden would have had a completely different impotent and dishonest response to COVID than Trump has.

Reactions: ddurm
If Libs are for it, then many will be against it.. That's where things stand.. no ?

That is mos def how you guys have been propagandized to behave. And I really feel for you, that stuff was working on me for a while too. And the Dems mos def do suck - yet they govern so much better than your guys....

Reactions: lilspainishflea

TeleTracking is overtaking it. Michael Zamagias started the company, and is a big financial supporter of Trump. They’re located in Pittsburgh.

It's already too late. I know 5 people with previously successful businesses that have already gone down the drain, taking a few hundred jobs with them. And a couple more really successful businesses that are teatering on the brink, 300 jobs between them.

And worst of all - Hyper Deflation and all the fun juicy good stuff that goes with it is on the way.

Last edited:
So the same people who don’t wear masks now, would be the same people not wearing masks if Biden was president just because Biden was president?
Whatever your opinion is on the matter, I don't believe a national mask mandate is as easy to implement as people think. Living in the south, there are plenty that view it is infridgement of rights (and not care what the presidents view is) and will not wear one into a Lowes despite the state mandate. What would have Biden have done, sent out the national guard to every store in America to enforce mask wearing?

I agree. Given his history and what he stands for today it's pretty clear that Biden would have had a completely different impotent and dishonest response to COVID than Trump has.
Let’s be honest -
He’d have stayed out of the way and let the experts guide policy -
It would have a hell of a lot better than actively working against mitigation efforts and continuing to want less testing

I know a few people that worked under him. Shadiness and corruption is par for course.
Thanks for the info, although I really didn't need it because everybody else he works directly with is shady and corrupt, so of course the guys in Pittsburgh would be too. Of course they are.

Let’s be honest -
He’d have stayed out of the way and let the experts guide policy -
It would have a hell of a lot better than actively working against mitigation efforts and continuing to want less testing

Count me in for thinking he’d have at least done enough to make sure that 4 months in there wouldn’t be potential PPE shortages. And I’d imagine so would have any President before him. Defense Production Act or not.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Count me in for thinking he’d have at least done enough to make sure that 4 months in there wouldn’t be potential PPE shortages. And I’d imagine so would have any President before him. Defense Production Act or not.
I applauded trump invoking the dpa
Unfortunately -
Like often the case he seems to think tweeting is leading and that was the extent of it

I applauded trump invoking the dpa
Unfortunately -
Like often the case he seems to think tweeting is leading and that was the extent of it

Me too. But I think it was a Houston hospital where the workers were being told to reuse masks. 4 months in. At minimum the front lines shouldn’t have that concern. A case could be made to increase production so the people could have them once there’s enough for our medical workers. At least maybe for the most vulnerable.

I believe there were some ventilators that came from it. Which he’s now giving to countries who don’t need or can’t use them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...countries-that-dont-need-or-cant-use-them/amp

So you are saying Trump said schools should be opened “one size fits all”. Dude, I can do this all day and I didn’t even vote for Trump. Just be fair.
He and his administration have said that schools must open with in-person classes, and that is "one size fits all." Betsy DeVoss said that partial in-person classes were not acceptable. And that quote is from the AAP, not me.

There is this:

Dr. Thomas File, president of the Infectious Diseases Society of America released a statement saying: “Placing medical data collection outside of the leadership of public health experts could severely weaken the quality and availability of data, add an additional burden to already overwhelmed hospitals and add a new challenge to the U.S. pandemic response.”

And this:

"In an opinion piece published in the Washington Post on Tuesday, four of the CDC’s former directors expressed concerns that the Trump administration will politicize data and continue to undermine health experts. Furthermore, information sent to the new database will not be open to the public which raises questions about how researchers, health officials, and reporters will be able to access data. Among several things that haven’t been made clear in this new system, is how the CDC will be involved and what its role will be in helping understand the data collected."

Lack of transparency is the opposite of what is needed in this situation.

Don't vote then. Leave the politics to the rest of us.

Actually, I vote in every election. I've been a registered voter for 38 years and I've voted in 38 general elections and, iirc, 36 primaries. I do admit that I skipped a couple primaries back years ago in "off" years when there were actually no contested races on my parties ballot.

Whatever your opinion is on the matter, I don't believe a national mask mandate is as easy to implement as people think. Living in the south, there are plenty that view it is infridgement of rights (and not care what the presidents view is) and will not wear one into a Lowes despite the state mandate. What would have Biden have done, sent out the national guard to every store in America to enforce mask wearing?
You're right.. Biden saying to wear a mask would have alienated that crowd against wearing masks even more than they are now.. it would just be a bigger communist conspiracy than it is now...
What I'm more curious about is whether more of that crowd would have worn masks if the Donald had strongly urged them to so from the beginning... war time president.. asking war time like sacrifices of his base...
We're stuck with two polarized corrupt incompetent parties... dumb and dumberer.. what's it going to take to free from this two party stranglehold ?

Reactions: CougarClaws
You're right.. Biden saying to wear a mask would have alienated that crowd against wearing masks even more than they are now.. it would just be a bigger communist conspiracy than it is now...
What I'm more curious about is whether more of that crowd would have worn masks if the Donald had strongly urged them to so from the beginning... war time president.. asking war time like sacrifices of his base...
We're stuck with two polarized corrupt incompetent parties... dumb and dumberer.. what's it going to take to free from this two party stranglehold ?

I thought it was gonna be Kanye but alas...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT