ADVERTISEMENT

A possible sign?

BLH2P

Scholarship
Mar 19, 2019
This morning we got a package from Pitt football addressed to all season ticket holders.
Inside was a bunch of Pitt masks.
Is the athletic department giving us a signal of possible in person attendance come October?

Reactions: Minkah2pitt
This morning we got a package from Pitt football addressed to all season ticket holders.
Inside was a bunch of Pitt masks.
Is the athletic department giving us a signal of possible in person attendance come October?

I would be surprised if there werent 5000 or so fans allowed in October.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Band, students, and parents of those involved.

Band, cheer, and parents for sure. Not sure about students. Isn't that one of the demographics of concern with the spread right now with all of the college parties going on right now?

Band, cheer, and parents for sure. Not sure about students. Isn't that one of the demographics of concern with the spread right now with all of the college parties going on right now?
One could ask if college football games should be played if college students aren't allowed to attend.

Reactions: dave97
There will be no fans until the Governor lifts the limits on outside attendance.

This is an update on 2 things that directly affect this (as of 9/21). The highlighted area if of particular importance to limits on outside attendance for PITT games.

"MIDDLETOWN (Newsradio 1020 KDKA) - Governor Tom Wolf says he will veto House Bill 2787 today. That's the legislation that lets Pennsylvania school districts decide if fans may attend their sporting events and how many.

"I'm always amazed at politicians thinking that they can somehow waive a magic wand and suspend sort of reality," the governor told reporters in a question and answer session after an event this morning. "There's a virus out there. And that virus really likes it when you bring a lot of people together. That's what we know," said Wolf.

House and Senate leaders say they have the votes to override a veto because the bill passed both houses by a more than two-thirds majority.

The current limit on outdoor gatherings in Pennsylvania is 250 people. The limit on indoor gatherings is 25 people. Many school districts have already exceeded those limits by allowing some fans into high school football games.

The Wolf administration is also seeking a stay to a federal court judge's ruling out of Pittsburgh that invalidated gathering limits and earlier business closures on Constitutional grounds. Written arguments for and against the request were due today. The administration is also appealing the decision to the Third Circuit Court."

I am not a lawyer, but from what I understand it is up to the court how quickly they will rule and given the time sensitivity of this particular issue, they may rule quickly.

I guess we shall see.

Last edited:
There will be no fans until the Governor lifts the limits on outside attendance.

This is isn update on 2 things that directly affect this (as of 9/21). The highlighted area if of particular importance to limits on outside attendance for PITT games.

"MIDDLETOWN (Newsradio 1020 KDKA) - Governor Tom Wolf says he will veto House Bill 2787 today. That's the legislation that lets Pennsylvania school districts decide if fans may attend their sporting events and how many.

"I'm always amazed at politicians thinking that they can somehow waive a magic wand and suspend sort of reality," the governor told reporters in a question and answer session after an event this morning. "There's a virus out there. And that virus really likes it when you bring a lot of people together. That's what we know," said Wolf.

House and Senate leaders say they have the votes to override a veto because the bill passed both houses by a more than two-thirds majority.

The current limit on outdoor gatherings in Pennsylvania is 250 people. The limit on indoor gatherings is 25 people. Many school districts have already exceeded those limits by allowing some fans into high school football games.

The Wolf administration is also seeking a stay to a federal court judge's ruling out of Pittsburgh that invalidated gathering limits and earlier business closures on Constitutional grounds. Written arguments for and against the request were due today. The administration is also appealing the decision to the Third Circuit Court."

I am not a lawyer, but from what I understand it is up to the court how quickly they will rule and given the time sensitivity of this particular issue, they may rule quickly.

I guess we shall see.
"The limit on indoor gatherings is 25 people."

How does this work with regards to retail? There are more than 25 employees at a time in a Wal-Mart. There's no way they could allow customers in if that part of the limit were enforced.

I heard there could be fans for the ND game if all goes well. H2P!

Last edited:
"The limit on indoor gatherings is 25 people."

How does this work with regards to retail? There are more than 25 employees at a time in a Wal-Mart. There's no way they could allow customers in if that part of the limit were enforced.

Because sometimes they enforce the limits, and sometimes they don't.

It's the sort of thing that happens when you have an administration that likes to pretend that they are adhering to the science but who then ignores the standards that they make up when it's inconvenient.

The band is comprised of students.
So are the football players. Do I need to say water is wet as well?

You can easily social distance, and allow the following people into the game.
- The Pitt Band
- Students
- Parents/Families of those involved (which includes the band)

Governor wolf is a bald turd. I don’t even believe Carona anymore.
My bosses dad died, 87 yrs old, when they got the death certificate said Covid. They had him tested three days before negative. Called the mortuary they said call the hospital. Long and short of it if you put Covid down they make more money.39k if you hook someone up to a respirator. It’s fake, ya some old people died but guess what, that is what old people do they die, they are old... And yes before you tell me about some teenager that died from it today, I’m sure in the US 2 or 3 teenagers die everyday, that looked mostly healthy but had some type of condition. It happens, sad but true.

Finally agree with Mark Madden
This gets really old with the Pittsburgh media. Comparing urban and rural football attendance figures is stupid just like fat ass himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT