ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Donald tutoring Twyman at UPMC

Is it legal to have a non-coaching staff professional do this? I'm not judging, just asking. Do they list him as a GA? Officially the team can only have 10 coaches.

Remember, this is the NCAA we're dealing with here. They specialize in arcane absurd rules.

Is it legal to have a non-coaching staff professional do this? I'm not judging, just asking. Do they list him as a GA? Officially the team can only have 10 coaches.

Remember, this is the NCAA we're dealing with here. They specialize in arcane absurd rules.

I hope it is against the rules and that Pitt ends up getting free media from it.

Reactions: BPKY
I’m guessing it’s voluntary workouts and really anything is alright as long as the coaches aren’t present.

Looks like a 2/10ths workout...

BTW, Twyman must be much shorter than his published height. 5'11?
Forget about Twymans height

I'm more concerned about Twyman looking out of shape rather than his height. Just look at how trim AD looks and he's playing and excelling in the NFL looking like that.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
One is an NFL player the other is an 18 year old freshmen. Looks like he is working out and taking the appropriate steps.
I'd be willing to bet AD was in much better shape than Twyman when he entered Pitt as a freshman. What AD always brought to table was his unbelievable quickness off the snap of the ball. He brought that same quickness to the NFL and folks you can't teach that to very many out of shape athletes.

Aaron probably was in better shape @ the same stage, but he was nowhere close to the type of conditioning he's in now.

I'd be willing to bet AD was in much better shape than Twyman when he entered Pitt as a freshman. What AD always brought to table was his unbelievable quickness off the snap of the ball. He brought that same quickness to the NFL and folks you can't teach that to very many out of shape athletes.

Again. Aaron Donald is arguably the best player in the nfl and tyman is a freshmen.

Awesome video and thanks for sharing. Pitt fans would have a 3 page thread critiquing how Narduzzi holds the national championship trophy

Saw Donald play 3 or 4 times in HS.

He’s small but he ain’t never stop grinding and punishing people...........

But to become one of the most awarded players in NCAA history and an MVP
Wow

That kid sb hanging on every word.

Reactions: jaebree422

That is what I was thinking!! Donald isnt a giant

I dont think Twyman looks out of shape. I actually thought he looked too small if anything for DT. Hard to compare a young kid to an NFL player that has trainers and work outs every day

This is a great recruiting advantage having the current NFL POY training our young men.

Our defensive line will be very good soon (maybe not this year). It was an absolute disgrace at times the last 2-3 years. In order to have Narduzzi's system of DBs on an island, you need strong push up front, and we only get that blitzing.

That isn't the way to win games consistently.

Reactions: jpsupper88
POWER MOVE by HCPN. How many other colleges can say you can have the opportunity to get mentored by the BEST DT OF ALL TIME. Aaron Donald.. The BDOAT... Our dline is going to be disgustingly good this year. Savages that are HUNGRY.

Reactions: TJOlsen
POWER MOVE by HCPN. How many other colleges can say you can have the opportunity to get mentored by the BEST DT OF ALL TIME. Aaron Donald.. The BDOAT... Our dline is going to be disgustingly good this year. Savages that are HUNGRY.

What does Pat have to do with 2/10ths renting space from UPMC?

I've heard of some rifts between 2/10ths and evolve with some of the staff.

The other thing is, they recruited Twyman to primarily be the one technique DT. They have a number of guys on board who can be the three Tech. For the most part his job is going to be anchoring the line and run-stopping.

I have also heard they are trying to set up days for Fitz and others to come as consultants for the young guys
You realize if our coaches "set this up" it is a clear violation, right?

I'm for our coaches encouraging it, but they certainly wouldn't do it to the point someone like you would have prior knowledge of it.

The other thing is, they recruited Twyman to primarily be the one technique DT. They have a number of guys on board who can be the three Tech. For the most part his job is going to be anchoring the line and run-stopping.

Who do you see as the three tech leading candidates?

Who do you see as the three tech leading candidates?
Watts, obviously. Camp can probably swing between the two, same with weaver.
In the current class, Green, with Danielson possibly a swing, the kid from Kentucky as a one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT