ADVERTISEMENT

Aaronson Leeds tweet

Scanning some of the Leeds accounts and they’re in love with Aaronson already.

some people are just physiologically built differently. He either has a heart like a race horse or has an extra lung.

it’s like that Riverhounds Brownsville girl who is a freshman at UNC. She set the program record for the beep test. Think about all of the elite talent that went through that program, and she set a new record. Most people can train and train and never reach a level of fitness like that.
Aaronson is so good. Cant believe Berhalter cant figure out a way for him and Weah to play together.

As for the Brownsville girl, you mentioned her before. Why do you think girls' soccer is so good in WPA? Is it mostly because the best female athletes play? I swear every time my son's team plays some small school-type team, they have elite girls on it who are better than anyone on the field. He was at a camp recently with some of the best players in WPA and I swear the girls were better than the boys. These girls are so big, so mature, so skilled. They look like 3 or 4 years older than the boys. I couldn't get over it.

Aaronson is so good. Cant believe Berhalter cant figure out a way for him and Weah to play together.

As for the Brownsville girl, you mentioned her before. Why do you think girls' soccer is so good in WPA? Is it mostly because the best female athletes play? I swear every time my son's team plays some small school-type team, they have elite girls on it who are better than anyone on the field. He was at a camp recently with some of the best players in WPA and I swear the girls were better than the boys. These girls are so big, so mature, so skilled. They look like 3 or 4 years older than the boys. I couldn't get over it.
I stepped away from girls soccer so I only hear about things from people I know, but I heard this girl isn’t even the best in the area. There’s a player from Hampton who outshined her on a field recently and she left the field crying. And there are others.

I’m typing this as my daughter and wife are fighting here in the room with me because my daughter is regretting turning down an offer to play at New Castle so that she can move back to the states and start her life.

By the way, the Hampton girl has offers from Stanford and every school on the country but has no interest. Apparently she’s going to CMU.

Scanning some of the Leeds accounts and they’re in love with Aaronson already.

some people are just physiologically built differently. He either has a heart like a race horse or has an extra lung.

it’s like that Riverhounds Brownsville girl who is a freshman at UNC. She set the program record for the beep test. Think about all of the elite talent that went through that program, and she set a new record. Most people can train and train and never reach a level of fitness like that.
What was her number? I know there are teams out there that require 32-35 on day 1 of preseason.

FWIW, that ended up getting scored as an own goal.

it’s a shame that the defender got a toe out because that’s an Aaronson goal…even if it ended up not.

the Yorkshire evening post gave Aaronson a 9 out of 10 for the match. What a debut!

adams was given a 7 for his. Not bad at all.

Crap program with no history.
I bet the women have a history of going to class, unlike those basketball players at UNC.
My kid took an official to Miami last year and got to see UNC play Miami. The difference in level of players was unreal. And that gap appears to be getting even bigger.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

it’s a shame that the defender got a toe out because that’s an Aaronson goal…even if it ended up not.

the Yorkshire evening post gave Aaronson a 9 out of 10 for the match. What a debut!

adams was given a 7 for his. Not bad at all
You can make an argument that Aaronson is the 2nd best US field player behind Pulisic. He just gets better and better. Its crazy that we have him, Weah, and Gio all playing the same position. I guess there's no way to get them on the pitch together?

You can make an argument that Aaronson is the 2nd best US field player behind Pulisic. He just gets better and better. Its crazy that we have him, Weah, and Gio all playing the same position. I guess there's no way to get them on the pitch together?
Aaronson was deployed on the right in a 4-2-3-1 formation yesterday. If you’re one who feels Pulisic is best on the left as I do, then yes absolutely. Gio can sit underneath the #9 at the #10. McKennie is the #8 and Adams the #6. It’s actually quite simple! That brings Weah off the bench and allows him and Musah to start vs Iran.

Aaronson was deployed on the right in a 4-2-3-1 formation yesterday. If you’re one who feels Pulisic is best on the left as I do, then yes absolutely. Gio can sit underneath the #9 at the #10. McKennie is the #8 and Adams the #6. It’s actually quite simple! That brings Weah off the bench and allows him and Musah to start vs Iran.

Or you could play Weah at the 9 to get them all on the field at the same time.

I'm not sure that's the best way to do it. But if none of the 9s are in good form going into the World Cup and Weah is then you have to consider it.

Can Erling Haaland be signed as a US international free agent since he’s not playing in the World Cup?

hand us the trophy right now.

Neil Barnett (Chelsea insider who hosts The Football Show every morning on XM) said on Friday that Brenden Aaronson will be the Premier League breakout player of the year.

very lofty praise…and this was a day before his debut.

I think Aaronson is going to end up at big club, but never play. Americans love doing that.
Like who? If you’re referring to Pulisic, he plays in every game and starts plenty. If he were consistent in his play, he’d be starting full time.

Couple transfer nuggets:

it’s thought that Juan Mata will join Leeds in this window. I k ow I’m a bit nostalgic as he is a former Chelsea player of the year. But I think this is a good move that strengthens Jesse’s team.

in unrelated news, Willian looks close to be signing with Fulham. @sjerzpitt2. I like that move too.

Couple transfer nuggets:

it’s thought that Juan Mata will join Leeds in this window. I k ow I’m a bit nostalgic as he is a former Chelsea player of the year. But I think this is a good move that strengthens Jesse’s team.

in unrelated news, Willian looks close to be signing with Fulham. @sjerzpitt2. I like that move too.
Has Willian dropped that much?

Has Willian dropped that much?
Yeah. I doubt he pulls international duty anymore. He left Chelsea 3 years ago because he wanted a 3 year deal. Chelsea wouldn’t offer it so he went to Arsenal and did absolutely nothing. You could tell at the end of his chelsea career that it was time to move on. I think he played last year in Brazil and he’s been looking for an MLS deal. It appears Fulham are offering him one last run in the premier league and then we will see him here next year.

Another transfer tidbit, Matthew Hoppe signed on at Middlesbrough.

Another USMNT piece of news. Rangers was down 2-0 to someone called Union St-Gilloise in their Champions League qualifier yesterday and came back with the 3-0 home win to move on to the final preliminary knockout round game. The third, tie winning goal was scored by none other than Malik Tillman, who apparently had a really good game. Also, USMNT player James Sands started for Rangers at central defense. So if Rangers can beat Eindhoven in the next round two more Americans will be starting in Champions League knockout games.

Yeah. I doubt he pulls international duty anymore. He left Chelsea 3 years ago because he wanted a 3 year deal. Chelsea wouldn’t offer it so he went to Arsenal and did absolutely nothing. You could tell at the end of his chelsea career that it was time to move on. I think he played last year in Brazil and he’s been looking for an MLS deal. It appears Fulham are offering him one last run in the premier league and then we will see him here next year.
Wow, didn't realize he was 34

Couple transfer nuggets:

Woof. I saw this and would pass hard. Just another turd like RLC. We don't need that kind of infection and primadonna in the lockerroom.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Another transfer tidbit, Matthew Hoppe signed on at Middlesbrough.

Another USMNT piece of news. Rangers was down 2-0 to someone called Union St-Gilloise in their Champions League qualifier yesterday and came back with the 3-0 home win to move on to the final preliminary knockout round game. The third, tie winning goal was scored by none other than Malik Tillman, who apparently had a really good game. Also, USMNT player James Sands started for Rangers at central defense. So if Rangers can beat Eindhoven in the next round two more Americans will be starting in Champions League knockout games.
I remember watching Sands last summer during the Gold Cup and Nations League and being really unimpressed. Glad to see him getting 1st team minutes with Rangers though.

ADVERTISEMENT