ADVERTISEMENT

ABC vs ESPN Draft Coverage

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
I decided this year to watch rounds 1-3 on ABC instead of ESPN. Not sure how different the coverage is, but it's kind of refreshing with no Mel Kiper.

The "obvious" difference is Nick Saban getting all pumped with each Alabama player drafted, but he did give loads of credit to the players drafted that he coached against (@ Washington, Texas, Georgia, et al) and had lots of positives to say about the choices that the Steelers made; especially Payton Wilson from NC State. The one glaring omission was much if anything to say about Goncalves; although all agreed that if Matt had not had the toe injury he would've gone higher

Reactions: daytonpanther
ESPN started to cater to the average fan too much, but having the options is sweet. Saban on ABC's coverage was great. Having Riddick and Kiper on ESPN gives more draft gurus in one spot, though I would've liked to have seen Saban on there and give pure football fans pure football draft coverage. Belichick on McAfee worked much better than I thought as well.

Saban needs to be in the booth this fall - any booth. May be in the plans already. You won’t hear the word Heisman from him until Thanksgiving unlike Musberger always did or the OSU guy does these days in August.

Reactions: Chairman Moe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT