ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/Big 10 challenge picks

Then give it more resources. It feels to an outsider like we’re finally pretty close to being at a competitive resource level to the rest of the conference and other schools in the region. It’s been a long road, but we’ve caught up, or come close. Nothing should be precluding us from investing more resources to take the next step up.
They’ve invested a ton of money in hoops over the Capel era and gotten very little return. They’re not gonna pay more to the next coach or increase the salary pools, they’re already competitive. Coaches don’t see Pitt as a job they can win at so you’re not gonna attract any of the top coaches. Just the reality of the situation.

Look at what is happening to our football class right now and tell me Pitt is equipped to play with the big boys in college hoops world.

Reactions: pittchagg
They’ve invested a ton of money in hoops over the Capel era and gotten very little return. They’re not gonna pay more to the next coach or increase the salary pools, they’re already competitive. Coaches don’t see Pitt as a job they can win at so you’re not gonna attract any of the top coaches. Just the reality of the situation.

Look at what is happening to our football class right now and tell me Pitt is equipped to play with the big boys in college hoops world.

Its easier and cheaper to win in basketball than football. If it were me, I'd go cheap in football. Football is basically idiot-proof. Anyone can go at least 6-6. Hire the janitor and he'll go 6-6. Need to spend in basketball.

I know you’re plugged in and I get the “perception” of the Pitt job but Idk, I honestly think this is a lame excuse anymore

Nothing about the Pitt job stands out or separates it but saying you can’t win here is silly

Facilities are at least competitive (practice facility someday upgrade soon maybe?)

Local talent… there’s been a huge upswing here

Fan support? Building will sell out if you win

Cool location to live in for coach

We pay like a Top 25 program

…. Etc

I get that it’s not UNC or Duke but if you can coach, you can win here.

I know you’re plugged in and I get the “perception” of the Pitt job but Idk, I honestly think this is a lame excuse anymore

Nothing about the Pitt job stands out or separates it but saying you can’t win here is silly

Facilities are at least competitive (practice facility someday upgrade soon maybe?)

Local talent… there’s been a huge upswing here

Fan support? Building will sell out if you win

Cool location to live in for coach

We pay like a Top 25 program

…. Etc

I get that it’s not UNC or Duke but if you can coach, you can win here.
I don’t think the perception will change until the NIL is stepped up. The stink of running Jamie out of town should finally be off the program

Reactions: pittchagg
I don’t think the perception will change until the NIL is stepped up. The stink of running Jamie out of town should finally be off the program

I haven’t heard one single thing about our basketball NIL good or bad so I have no idea there

Capel doesn’t seem like the type of guy to hsve relationships w and kiss boosters asses so I’m curious how that’s been for him

Its easier and cheaper to win in basketball than football. If it were me, I'd go cheap in football. Football is basically idiot-proof. Anyone can go at least 6-6. Hire the janitor and he'll go 6-6. Need to spend in basketball.
In practice this means you are fired as AD for "ruining football". Congratulations, here is your severance check.

ADVERTISEMENT