Scholarship
Dec 12, 2016
Ok so who wins. Neutral field

Ohio State vs Clemson Ohio State
Michigan vs North Carolina Michigan
Penn State vs Florida State Penn State
Minnesota vs Duke Minnesota
Illinois vs NC State NC State
Iowa vs Pitt Pitt 7-0 Pitt Scores on first drive off game and then all three and outs the rest of the way lol
Purdue vs Louisville Purdue
Maryland vs Wake Forest Wake Forest
Wisconsin vs Syracuse Wisconsin
Michigan State vs Miami Michigan State
Rutgers vs Georgia Tech Georgia Tech
Nebraska vs Boston College Boston College
Indiana vs Virginia Indiana
Northwestern vs Virginia Tech Northwestern

I've got Big 10 winning 9-5. A bunch of these games could be pickems though

What does everyone else have

Ok so who wins. Neutral field

Ohio State vs Clemson Ohio State
Michigan vs North Carolina Michigan
Penn State vs Florida State Penn State
Minnesota vs Duke Minnesota
Illinois vs NC State NC State
Iowa vs Pitt Pitt 7-0 Pitt Scores on first drive off game and then all three and outs the rest of the way lol
Purdue vs Louisville Purdue
Maryland vs Wake Forest Wake Forest
Wisconsin vs Syracuse Wisconsin
Michigan State vs Miami Michigan State
Rutgers vs Georgia Tech Georgia Tech
Nebraska vs Boston College Boston College
Indiana vs Virginia Indiana
Northwestern vs Virginia Tech Northwestern

I've got Big 10 winning 9-5. A bunch of these games could be pickems though

What does everyone else have
I’m not so sure about UM over UNC. On a neutral field especially.
Wisconsin is a mess.

Indiana, Northwestern, Purdue, and Minnesota are nothing burgers. Those games would be pick ems. And I never count out Miami from snorting something particularly potent on a random day and playing up to their talent; plus MSU’s coach stinks. As for us, we play just poorly enough to lose most of our B1G games, so I couldn’t pick Pitt here.

Michigan vs UNC would be a good game.

I'm not sure we would score vs Iowa, at least not on offense. That would be a brutal game to watch

2 Ohio State 9 Clemson Big Ten
4 Michigan 16 Florida State Big Ten
8 Penn State 20 North Carolina Big Ten
27 Illinois 28 Louisville Big Ten
32 Minnesota 31 NC State ACC
33 Iowa 35 Wake Forest Big Ten
38 Purdue 39 Syracuse Big Ten
46 Maryland 48 Pitt Big Ten
50 Wisconsin 56 Duke Big Ten
54 Michigan State 78 Miami Big Ten
88 Indiana 92 Georgia Tech Big Ten
91 Rutgers 97 Virginia Big Ten
94 Nebraska 102 Boston College Big Ten
113 Northwestern 111 Virginia Tech ACC

Based on composite rankings which uses 99 different ranking system the Big Ten would win 12 or the 14 games. Nine of the games are separated by 6 or fewer spots. The Big Ten is big favorites in the other five games. So lets assume the ACC wins 5 out of the 9 toss up games. That would put it at 9-5 in favor of the Big Ten.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that Michigan and Penn State would smoke pretty much any ACC team, Clemson/UNC/PSU are probably in the next tier, and everybody else from both conferences sucks so bad it isn't even funny.

So lets assume the ACC wins 5 out of the 9 toss up games. That would put it at 10-4 in favor of the Big Ten.

There's that nitter math we all know and love.

We don't have to wait for this series to see the outcome of the proposed Purdue - Syracuse game. They played that game earlier this season and if I remember correctly the higher rated Purdue team curb stomped Syracuse.

Oh, no, wait a second, they did no such thing.

And anyone who thinks that Purdue and Syracuse are the 38th and 39th best teams in the country, well, I can only surmise that such a person hasn't watched either of them play this year. The fourth best team in the Big Ten this year isn't in the top 30. Or probably 40. Illinois stinks. The notion that because they have beaten a bunch of the other Big Ten crap teams makes them the 27th best team in the country is silly.

2 Ohio State 9 Clemson Big Ten
4 Michigan 16 Florida State Big Ten
8 Penn State 20 North Carolina Big Ten
27 Illinois 28 Louisville Big Ten
32 Minnesota 31 NC State ACC
33 Iowa 35 Wake Forest Big Ten
38 Purdue 39 Syracuse Big Ten
46 Maryland 48 Pitt Big Ten
50 Wisconsin 56 Duke Big Ten
54 Michigan State 78 Miami Big Ten
88 Indiana 92 Georgia Tech Big Ten
91 Rutgers 97 Virginia Big Ten
94 Nebraska 102 Boston College Big Ten
113 Northwestern 111 Virginia Tech ACC

Based on composite rankings which uses 99 different ranking system the Big Ten would win 12 or the 14 games. Nine of the games are separated by 6 or fewer spots. The Big Ten is big favorites in the other five games. So lets assume the ACC wins 5 out of the 9 toss up games. That would put it at 9-5 in favor of the Big Ten.

That's why they play the game Mr. Composite.

I offer this tune as an answer regarding Pitt, maybe any of them really. It’s dependent on, of course, the time of the season.

In our case, we could have bumped just about any of those slugs off (other than the big 2) IF we played them the first two weeks, assuming the Slovis injury hadn’t happened… or near the end of the season when we were playing very solid football…BUT (again assuming the Slovis injury and subsequent delayed return to competence) we would have been tattered by ANY of them, heck, most any team at all, in the awful midseason stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT