ADVERTISEMENT

ACC looks bad

pbrad

Sophomore
Sep 27, 2009
VT losing to Old Dominion WTF. Boston College losing big to a team with no wins WTF. Clemson the only ACC team looking good at the moment and they can't decide on a QB.

Reactions: Nationalchamps1
VT losing to Old Dominion WTF. Boston College losing big to a team with no wins WTF. Clemson the only ACC team looking good at the moment and they can't decide on a QB.
There are wins to be had IF the kids play a full game.
Oh...that only happens if the Coaching improves too.

Last edited:

I think Dabo has already decided who he wants at QB and is hoping Lawrence claims the position with his play on the field.

Yup Clemson’s league this year again.
I’d imagine FSU will get it sorted by next season; Miami probably is gonna be that 9-3 8-4 type of program now, and VTech always poop the bed at least twice a year.

97% of college football looks bad. Pick the conference- there's 1 maybe 2 very good teams. The remaining teams can be beat by any other team.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
What’s funny is that the basketball schools are flourishing early on here. I mean we’ll see how it holds up, but Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky...

When everything goes to 4 conferences, the ACC is screwed and Pitt will be relegated to some dime-a-dozen confetence. Maybe we can join up with Army, Navy, Fordham and a few other programs that have been crap for 80 years.

When everything goes to 4 conferences, the ACC is screwed and Pitt will be relegated to some dime-a-dozen confetence. Maybe we can join up with Army, Navy, Fordham and a few other programs that have been crap for 80 years.

I wouldn’t lump Navy in that group, they are 124-63 over the past 15 years.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
97% of college football looks bad. Pick the conference- there's 1 maybe 2 very good teams. The remaining teams can be beat by any other team.
Maybe not BAD but fairly inconsistent. Get much outside the Top 10 and the quality of athletes sure does decline. Throw in the fact that a lot of teams (even inside the Top 10) are playing 18 year old true Freshman & you never know what you are going to get.

I wouldn’t lump Navy in that group, they are 124-63 over the past 15 years.
Navy is a brilliantly managed program. They played the easiest schedule in college football 4 times in a 5-year stretch in the early 2000's. They never play more than 3-4 teams with winning records.

This.
There's just a lot of traditional powers that are down right now. UF, Tenn., LSU, Texas, USCw, FSU.
And the problem is it's not like, "Well, they suck. But somebody just as good will fill the void." The teams filling the void either:
1. don't recruit at that level. So they aren't elite either. They just aren't "down." (Stanford, Washington, TCU, UCF, etc.) Or
2. Are capable of recruiting at that level, but haven't really had enough classes yet to get at that level (Penn State, Miami).

So you just get an overall landscape of a few elite teams, and then everybody else is okay.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ACC definitely took a big hit on Saturday, that is for sure. Looks like the ACC is a one trick pony with Clemson, leading again.

ADVERTISEMENT