ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/ Swofford notes

TIGER-PAUL

Athletic Director
Jan 14, 2005
DiZaROlV4AAkqVW.jpg

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/a...cle_fec3a926-f315-5d0d-b1ce-15b5a8c0f25f.html

Who dressed Fedora? Brown shoes with a black suit?!
Cutcliffe, too. And Richt looks like he is still wearing the same pair of BOGO "dress" shoes he bought for his first job interview. Johnson and HCPN wearing loafers with tassels. Mendenhall with cheap slip ons. These guys are millionaires!

HCPN also mismatched his blue/navy. Is there a more Pitt wardrobe thing to do?

Seeing all the coastal guys together- my first thought was its not that imposing of a group.

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical about that combo myself but it's apparently acceptable.

But look who is doing the accepting, generally Hippsters. I say no thank you. I tend to dress more traditional than fashionable, meaning the close I wear would look in place in the 50's to today for the most part.

You can wear either brown shoes or black shoes with a navy suit. Same for a medium gray or light gray suit.

The only ones you're not "supposed" to do are brown shoes with a black suit, brown shoes with a charcoal suit, and black shoes with a tan/khaki suit.

Reactions: 89nole
You can wear either brown shoes or black shoes with a navy suit. Same for a medium gray or light gray suit.

The only ones you're not "supposed" to do are brown shoes with a black suit, brown shoes with a charcoal suit, and black shoes with a tan/khaki suit.
Damn, I got to learn these rules. Although God willing, I never have to wear a suit again in my life outside of funerals and maybe a wedding.

Black shoes with a Navy suit is formal. Dark brown shoes with Navy look good too. Lighter blue than Navy, then brown looks better.

Narduzzi's sock/shoe/suit combo looks terrible. I'm shocked at how beat the shoes are on some of these guys. Holy cow... buy yourself some new shoes.
Or just once buy some nice shoes because nice shoes, which are well taken care of, would always look better. It is comical how bad HCPN and some of those guys look. Aren't they all married? They must be trainwrecks, too, if they can't help them with that.

Why are basketball coaches better dressed than football coaches most of the time? Are too many of the football guys from small towns or is there some other explanation?

Why are basketball coaches better dressed than football coaches most of the time? Are too many of the football guys from small towns or is there some other explanation?

Well basketball coaches wear suits a lot more (just about every game). Just like anyone, guys that wear suits every day are usually going to know the details of how to wear them well.

Of course there are always exceptions...
brey_mike_gal_640_medium.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT