ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Uniform Rankings

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
"but their “steel” ensemble keeps them out of the top tier."

Of course. Never underestimate Pitt's ability to mess with a good thing.

Sports Illustrated: ACC Football Uniform Rankings.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I really like Miami's uniforms when they rock the green and white instead of the orange and white.

https%3A%2F%2Fcaneswarning.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1087372304-850x560.jpeg

1186591774.jpeg

I think Pitt and UNC have really nice uniforms. Duke is another team who has thrown some pretty good uni combos out there, too. NC State's are nice when they're not trying to do too much. Same with Florida State, before they got those ugly Christmas sweater shoulder and collar designs.

I think the others are something between bleh and meh.

Reactions: Burgh15
It seems he puts too much stock into alternate uni's. I am probably in the minority but I hate every teams alternate uni if it is not a throwback uni. I say where your schools colors.
Put alternative unis on both teams and try to figure out who is who.

At first glance it was weird watching the Pitt and Louisville game last year.

QBVcn28IM88.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Put alternative unis on both teams and try to figure out who is who.

At first glance it was weird watching the Pitt and Louisville game last year.

QBVcn28IM88.jpg

100% agree. If it is not YOUR TEAM but a random game, when both teams are wearing alternate uni's, it is tough to follow who is who for a few minutes. I will make 1 exception to alternate uni's. Army/Navy do it well. But the way they are able to do it well is by paying homage to a prestigious military unit from yesteryear. Without that backstory, theirs would be horrible too.

I think the best two uniforms we've worn in a long time were these:

usa_today_12333710.0.jpg

And these:

S_Uniforms_File.jpg

So it makes sense that we scrapped them both. Because why not?
Those yellow basketball uniforms were by far the best uniforms in a long time. Of course we had them for a season and then changed them for a yellow uniform that leaves much to be desired. The white numbers on the football uniforms are better too. But even though almost everyone thinks this way, dumb changes are still made.

Those yellow basketball uniforms were by far the best uniforms in a long time. Of course we had them for a season and then changed them for a yellow uniform that leaves much to be desired. The white numbers on the football uniforms are better too. But even though almost everyone thinks this way, dumb changes are still made.

Both of those uniforms were timeless, too. That's the beauty of them. You could keep them forever and just make minor tweaks (mostly just modernizing the brightness and such) like the Steelers have done.

So it makes sense that we scrapped them both. Because why not?
It was right there for Pitt and they had to overcomplicate it and let Nike get all symbolic with the dumb Cathedral font. We can argue over the shade of blue and gold, but when it comes down to it, when Pitt actually wears their uniforms, there is no mistake who's playing because there isn't another team wearing those colors.

It was right there for Pitt and they had to overcomplicate it and let Nike get all symbolic with the dumb Cathedral font. We can argue over the shade of blue and gold, but when it comes down to it, when Pitt actually wears their uniforms, there is no mistake who's playing because there isn't another team wearing those colors.

Yes indeed. They hit a home run with the logo and color change, the envy of other fans across the country. But they didn't know when to stop.

Remember when uniform discussions were limited to, "WHY CAN'T WE BRING BACK THE SCRIPT?"

They're definitely better than what they were. No doubt about that.

I was actually even starting to come around on (or maybe "accept" is a better term) these:

ncaa-football-georgia-tech-pittsburgh.jpg

seniors_2-361x475.jpg

They're not good, but I just figured we're Pitt and we make lay-ups look like half-court heaves.

But then we did that 2016 roll-out, and I just thought the numbers were too hideous to give a pass on the Navy Blue and Vegas Gold.

Quadree-Henderson-MS-600x900.jpg

Still, I think the 2016 "throwbacks" were much better than what we have now. In every sport.

Even if we're just talking about basketball uniform comparisons, I think this:

DH2_1605.jpg

is a much better uni than this:

1200px-Xavier_Johnson.jpg

Same with the home whites... I liked the 2016 throwbacks better than the current versions.

Reactions: pittdan77
The grey uniforms would be much better with yellow numbers, names, logo on helmet etc….
Need something to “pop” and they are very bland now/ you can’t see the details

Reactions: PharMorNightStocker
The grey uniforms would be much better with yellow numbers, names, logo on helmet etc….

Yep. The yellow on the chest looks nice. The numbers should be the same. And then the helmet should be either black or dark gray matte with a yellow panther head. Not that tarnished silver that isn't even a real color.

Reactions: ddc17
Yes, gold numbers, maybe block style outlined in white so they’re easier to read. I think the grey uniforms would look a lot better with a blue background for the numbers and gold pants. Then they’d really stand out. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT