ADVERTISEMENT

ACC: What have we learned?

I'm on the fence about G5 road games. We play 8 conference games to some others' 9, so I get it if we can't just pay G5 teams to only play in our stadiums. But people are acting like UNC winning at App State isn't a good win. It is. And people are acting like VT is a top ACC team this year, and they're not.

I mean the NC State game was a little close for comfort, but it happens. They still won. Add in Pitt and FSU, and I just don't think this was a bad weekend for the ACC at all.

Reactions: joeydavid
I'm on the fence about G5 road games. We play 8 conference games to some others' 9, so I get it if we can't just pay G5 teams to only play in our stadiums. But people are acting like UNC winning at App State isn't a good win. It is. And people are acting like VT is a top ACC team this year, and they're not.

I mean the NC State game was a little close for comfort, but it happens. They still won. Add in Pitt and FSU, and I just don't think this was a bad weekend for the ACC at all.

But if you want to be ranked high and make the playoffs - the formula is to play the easiest schedule possible.

But if you want to be ranked high and make the playoffs - the formula is to play the easiest schedule possible.

Well I don't disagree there. But I don't like it. If you're in a P5 conference, there is almost zero incentive to play anyone but scrubs ooc. That's not good for entertainment, which is what sports should be about.

I find it hard to believe this is as good as Clemson can do at QB.

Clemson could punt on first down on every drive from now until the 4th quarter and still win this game. GT is absolutely anemic on offense and isn't even pretending to open it up. They are Pitt basketball, and it's painful to watch.

But yeah... If DJ keeps this up they'll go to the bullpen at halftime.

I always had this next game circled as a W. But after the WV performance and a couple injuries, I am a bit worried. I’m not sure any of us have a strong reason for our opinions though. 1st games of the season can be Outliers.
I have had this one as a loss and still have Pitt going 9-3. Just always thought that it would be a tough game regardless but one week after wvu was pretty tough

I still can't figure out why a Big Pretender spends so much time shilling on this site.

In your mind, it ends up a draw? How can you say that? I get that you want to do your constant ACC belittlement act, but how can you say a pressure packed missed XP is luckier than the other team fumbling on the 1 and even giving you that chance?
The fact that you don’t see what I posted as a reasonable and objective assessment of the game says it all about your lack of credibility as a poster, emoji boy. Did you actually even watch that game?

I find it hard to believe this is as good as Clemson can do at QB.

They might as well be starting him at QB...

We_the_Best.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
I have had this one as a loss and still have Pitt going 9-3. Just always thought that it would be a tough game regardless but one week after wvu was pretty tough
It’s giving off big ‘2016 Oklahoma State’ vibes for me. Came off a rivalry win against Penn State the week prior and played catch up for most of the game. Hopefully we don’t have a tornado warning this time… which, speaking of that, I think we win that game if there’s no delay. We had all the momentum on our side and lost it after the break.

It’s giving off big ‘2016 Oklahoma State’ vibes for me. Came off a rivalry win against Penn State the week prior and played catch up for most of the game. Hopefully we don’t have a tornado warning this time… which, speaking of that, I think we win that game if there’s no delay. We had all the momentum on our side and lost it after the break.

That's a good call, because I could see us getting smacked in the mouth early but then fighting back to keep it close but not exactly close enough.

Honestly, it's house money to me at this point. Pretty sure we're not winning a national championship. I just wanted to be 1-1 after two and compete for a Coastal title.

That's a good call, because I could see us getting smacked in the mouth early but then fighting back to keep it close but not exactly close enough.

Honestly, it's house money to me at this point. Pretty sure we're not winning a national championship. I just wanted to be 1-1 after two and compete for a Coastal title.

The worse case scenario is Pitt will be very battle tested after next week - which isn't a bad thing.

Tenn also gets a few extra days and more tape to watch. I doubt Tenn opened up their playbook against Ball State. But I don’t think there will be as many nerves. Returning ACC champs, sold out game, celebrities, media hype. None of that is here this week. A quality opponent, but I feel much more focused as a fan versus the brawl rivalry week stuff. I expect a close one, but winnable for either team.

I doubt Tenn opened up their playbook against Ball State.

Of course Tennessee has the same head coach as last season. And the same offensive coordinator. And the same quarterback who started for them most of last season. And that who we played against before he got to Tennessee.

So it's not like we only have one game to go off of to see what their playbook looks like.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Of course Tennessee has the same head coach as last season. And the same offensive coordinator. And the same quarterback who started for them most of last season. And that who we played against before he got to Tennessee.

So it's not like we only have one game to go off of to see what their playbook looks like.
Basically the 4th time in 5 years Pitt has went up against that offense.

ADVERTISEMENT