ADVERTISEMENT

Addison to USC, possibly $3.5 million a year

I hate this and I think my love for college football is nearing the end as college football always lived on the cusp of professionalism but now even if you recruit and develop well there is no real chance if you don’t have huge donors.

But honestly I prefer usc over Marion and UT.
There used to be a time when the forward pass was illegal in college football. Time keeps moving on.

I wish him failure and career ending injuries. F him. No lie....Pitt made him a star and made it possible for him to win the award as the top WR in the nation as a RS Sophomore....he spit in their face. This NIL bullsh*t is the end of college football
So, if your son was at Pitt playing football, you’d tell him to blow off $3.5MM for one year because, you know, loyalty? Really?

Reactions: 4382
Not as blatantly and disgustingly as this.....this is whoring yourself out to the highest bidder....no wonder our country is a mess
It’s just a game, bro. A professional one, but a game nonetheless. How one extrapolates beyond that to your conclusion eludes me.

I don’t really care about players being paid. If someone out of high school wants to go to the highest bidder, good with me. But to recruit and develop someone, to then have them leave for another school and the highest bidder with no repercussions, that’s what I cant stand.

I don’t really care about players being paid. If someone out of high school wants to go to the highest bidder, good with me. But to recruit and develop someone, to then have them leave for another school and the highest bidder with no repercussions, that’s what I cant stand.
That can be fixed through a CBA. We are, however, far from there.

Not as blatantly and disgustingly as this.....this is whoring yourself out to the highest bidder....no wonder our country is a mess
So it's safe to assume with your convictions that you are still working for the same company as when you were 18. Or like a normal person did you parlay the work experience you only gained thanks to your first employer into a better paying position elsewhere?

It also makes me not care about recruiting anymore either, if you get a good commit you have to constantly worry about him leaving now.
Yeah, I'll watch the game and root for Pitt ...but ill know it's like MLB where some have money and some dont. After a decade see who still watches this crap.

Reactions: Cmart2004
Exactly . I mean recruiting would be nothing more than the farce that it is but only now it will reveal the sleaze for all to see ... Shameless ..
Will Ivy league schools who graduate students that go on to make and potentially contribute gazillions of dollars suddenly be a top 10 team simply because they were the highest bidder ?

Last edited:
I wish him failure and career ending injuries. F him. No lie....Pitt made him a star and made it possible for him to win the award as the top WR in the nation as a RS Sophomore....he spit in their face. This NIL bullsh*t is the end of college football
True sophomore. If he were a RS, he could just go pro. (though he might be making more $ at USC than going pro, for real)

So it’s the same money everyone heard a month ago… and it’s *still*a story of a player not planning on leaving getting recruited INTO the portal…all the other talk about Texas, Miami….was bullshit…. ok NCAA… you’ve got your work cut out for ya …..🤷‍♂️

The whole ideal of college foorball is ruined.
Fine take the money, but you have to sit out a year.
USC will buy a championship. Wow what fun.

Reactions: Black Panther
Why? Still same game on the field.
Brace yourself, Pitt and others like them , just became the pirates. Any time you have a great player, richer teams will take him. Btw, I hope he gets hurt. Eff him. No integrity piece of crap

That's because you appear to be a human doorknob.
Brace yourself, Pitt and others like them , just became the pirates. Any time you have a great player, richer teams will take him. Btw, I hope he gets hurt. Eff him. No integrity piece of crap
So, if offered to stay at your present job, vs another where you make $3.5MM, you’d pass on the $3.5MM out of, you know, “integrity,” right?

Reactions: 4382
I remember a couple years ago this hot shot from Tuscarora MD (frederick Md) committed to Pitt. He was coming up to Hagerstown Md to play South high. I said to my girlfriend let's go watch him. We went to the game with pitt gear on. Of course we are the only people in the stadium with the blue and gold on. Lots of strange looks because this is Ped St and WVU territory. He proceeded to have an unbelievable game including a KO return. I was very happy to pound my chest and say pitt finally got one from this area. My girlfriend became a Pitt fan that day.

I would like to say many things about this transfer and how he burned his legacy @ Pitt and probably would have his jersey hanging @ Heinz Field someday. But we all know what happened here. Tampering.

I'm not going to bash him or wish failure upon him. Karma will take care of his future.

In my mind it's next man up move on from this. Pitt has the guys to step up and if they don't they eventually will find another gem. One player does not make the team.

Best of luck to Addison but I'm moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT