ADVERTISEMENT

Addison to USC, possibly $3.5 million a year

Incorrect.

There is AMPLE evidence of what the NFL pays 1st Round Draft picks in salary and NIL.

Addison will make more at USC than the salary of picks 11 and on. But Addison isnt getting a salary. He isnt being "paid to play." He is getting paid for the marketing rights to his NIL. There is AMPLE evidence of what the NIL to 1st Round NFL players are worth and its not even close to $3.5 million.
The 21st pick in the draft has a contract for $3.498 million per year, Kenny I don't believe has signed his yet. So if Addison is getting $3.5million exactly that puts him right around 20th pick value.

The 21st pick in the draft has a contract for $3.498 million per year, Kenny I don't believe has signed his yet. So if Addison is getting $3.5million exactly that puts him right around 20th pick value.
To play in a league about, what 75% less popular than the NFL?

Can you bring back those goalposts? I was pointing out that you were spouting bullshit as if it was fact.
The link I saw had the 11th pick getting under $3.5 million. So its the 20th? Whatever. I think we all understand that Addison should not be making 1st Round salary money for his MARKETING rights.

The link I saw had the 11th pick getting under $3.5 million. So its the 20th? Whatever. I think we all understand that Addison should not be making 1st Round salary money for his MARKETING rights.
That figure was likely their cap hit for 2022, but not the average annual value of their contract.

Brace yourself, Pitt and others like them , just became the pirates. Any time you have a great player, richer teams will take him. Btw, I hope he gets hurt. Eff him. No integrity piece of crap
It’s weird, because I really don’t want him to get injured; instead, I just want him to be non-productive, or even under-productive. In that way, the moron(s) who put-up those megabucks might think twice before spending such exorbitant money for nadda.

Interesting. So after venting, what does the university president and BOT do next?
What I'm waiting for is for ANY self-respecting president or board of trustees to stand up and apologize for allowing their university to participate in this absurdity and decide to stop. Will ANYONE stand up? Maybe a Stanford? None of this has anything to do with the mission and purpose of a university. And none of them - NONE of them needs the money. The majority of schools don't even break even on their athletics budgets.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
What I'm waiting for is for ANY self-respecting president or board of trustees to stand up and apologize for allowing their university to participate in this absurdity and decide to stop. Will ANYONE stand up? Maybe a Stanford? None of this has anything to do with the mission and purpose of a university. And none of them - NONE of them needs the money. The majority of schools don't even break even on their athletics budgets.
Nope. They remind me of "establishment" politicians. They will all fall in line and keep cashing checks. No one will stand up for themselves, the fans, or college football. They'll all comply.

What I’ll go back to in my weird mind, is that Addison isn’t barely half the receiver Larry Fitzgerald was, heck, even Antonio Bryant. He’s about on par with Tyler Boyd, not chicken scratch by any means but no Fitz. So all those guys in particular must see this and shake their heads about what might have been.
Fitz and Boyd, at least, obviously did ok for themselves eventually, but they all know how good they were compared to this guy. Yet missed out big time.

Would Fitz even have gotten paid to be on the cover of that EA Sports video game in a Pitt (sadly torch cut) uni?

What I’ll go back to in my weird mind, is that Addison isn’t barely half the receiver Larry Fitzgerald was, heck, even Antonio Bryant. He’s about on par with Tyler Boyd, not chicken scratch by any means but no Fitz. So all those guys in particular must see this and shake their heads about what might have been.
Fitz and Boyd, at least, obviously did ok for themselves eventually, but they all know how good they were compared to this guy. Yet missed out big time.

Would Fitz even have gotten paid to be on the cover of that EA Sports video game in a Pitt (sadly torch cut) uni?
This is a bad take. Addison is at worst the second best receiver in college football.

Bryant was a lot better than people remember, maybe because he self-destructed in the pros to an extent, plus our teams then meh. Size, speed, moves, hands, footwork on the sidelines. It’s one thing to win a Bilitnikoff with a conference champ and the top QB in the draft. Another to do it with David Priestley.

Addison is very good, maybe great. Not at Bryant level IMO.

Bryant was a lot better than people remember, maybe because he self-destructed in the pros to an extent, plus our teams then meh. Size, speed, moves, hands, footwork on the sidelines. It’s one thing to win a Bilitnikoff with a conference champ and the top QB in the draft. Another to do it with David Priestley.

Addison is very good, maybe great. Not at Bryant level IMO.
Bryant was very good but was also a product of Walt's offense. Addison is significantly better.

And when the schools push back and cut scholarships down to 50 and certain athletic departments go under, due to waning interest in the sport, and wayyyyyyyyyy more black kids are left with no ticket out of the ghetto because the ones who would have been millionaires anyway want their millions now... Bring that same energy.
Umm.....black kids can go back to HBCUs and be fine. It's the PWIs that will miss that free labor pool!

Last edited:
Addison helped Pitt win its first ACC championship and the school's first 10+ win season in forever. Will always be appreciative of that. I really don't see a ton of animosity coming out of the Pitt locker room and I don't really know how an adult could lose sleep over it. Dude went for the money. He didn't want to be at Pitt and it's likely he wouldn't have played a full season anyway. Pitt will be just fine.

It's a shame that character, commitment and loyalty don't matter in today's world. Everything is transactional.

Pitt gave Addison the platform that made him a star and he spit in their face.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Such a loser comment. You're mad at a young man just because he left your favorite college team for a better opportunity.

Get a life all of you losers. I wish I had this kind of opportunity to transfer when I was at Pitt. Hate being associated with losers like this poster.
You're not associated with me at all. I consider that a good thing.

Reactions: cease10
There is no CBA governing college players as there is in NFL and all professional sports. That the difference.
And there will be. OR.......half of these schools are eventually going to drop or move down a level and give out fewer scholarships and YAY the 1% wins again! I love the Libs on here championing this yet it represents the pure capitalism that they detest.

I wish him failure and career ending injuries. F him. No lie....Pitt made him a star and made it possible for him to win the award as the top WR in the nation as a RS Sophomore....he spit in their face. This NIL bullsh*t is the end of college football
I could not have said it better myself. I hope he gets a Theisman leg.

Interesting. So after venting, what does the university president and BOT do next?
Lobby NFL to reduce years after graduation from three to two. Commence collective bargaining between schools and all football and basketball players. Propose to start paying all a salary. Begin negotiations for a salary cap. Everybody wins. Some schools decline. They're out. Schools that opt in, start bargaining.

Yeah, this is pretty true. Even the down to earth WR's come off as divas compared to just about every other position.

What do you mean? T.O, Michael Irvin, Chad Ochocinco, Randy Moss, Antonio Brown, Keyshawn Johnson, and company all seem humble to me! But yeah... moths to a flame. Something about that position.

Reactions: pittdan77
Right they played a child’s game and got a free
Education against their will. All players regardless of race are rewarded for their athletic ability. College sports would exist regardless of the race of the participants. Does college hockey live large on the backs of white kids? Nobody is victim here
Do college hockey coaches command $10 mil annual salaries, college hockey negotiate billion dollar TV contracts, have millions of viewers, and 100K fans in attendance?

Reactions: APanther
It's a shame that character, commitment and loyalty don't matter in today's world. Everything is transactional.

Pitt gave Addison the platform that made him a star and he spit in their face.
1: You're adorably naive. The world has always been transactional. Where is your outrage when coaches recruit over players and shove them out of the program?

Also, Addison gave Addison the platform to become a star.

All superstar WR's are divas. Larry Fitzgerald is like the only one who wasn't. Just the nature of the gig I guess. I am not saying that to be a critic, just they are.
Not necessarily disagreeing with that. Just feel like Addison conducted himself as quietly as possible through this process. Not really acting like a diva. Just IMO.

1: You're adorably naive. The world has always been transactional. Where is your outrage when coaches recruit over players and shove them out of the program?

Also, Addison gave Addison the platform to become a star.

Not necessarily disagreeing with that. Just feel like Addison conducted himself as quietly as possible through this process. Not really acting like a diva. Just IMO.
If you mistake a deeply held core set of personal principles for being naive, so be it. I was raised to believe that if you make a commitment you see it through to the end.

Pitt took a lightly recruited 3 star recruit, made him the focus of a pass heavy offense and designed an offense that had the team's all American QB target him twice as much as any other receiver.

If you mistake a deeply held core set of personal principles for being naive, so be it. I was raised to believe that if you make a commitment you see it through to the end.

Pitt took a lightly recruited 3 star recruit, made him the focus of a pass heavy offense and designed an offense that had the team's all American QB target him twice as much as any other receiver.
You're naive in thinking this represents some change in behavior. Again - where is your outrage when a kid is pushed off a team because he was recruited over?

Addison had the requisite skillset to become the focus of a pass happy offense. He was the best offensive player on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT